Could someone please explain dubstep to me?

Hiltonizer

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like it... problem is I can't quit bobbing my head when I'm getting an MRI now.

Must listen:

Last edited by a moderator:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The Commodores... ain't Dubstep.

[video=youtube_share;rrBx6mAWYPU]http://youtu.be/rrBx6mAWYPU[/video]

Rating - 45.5%
1   6   4

DAMMIT it was already posted....

well played sir, well played.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try Ellie Gouldings - Lights. (Bassnectar remix) no screechy computer sounds, just mellow vocals and low base lines. *shrug* it's not all terrible and it's not what you hear on the radio. To each their own. Is certainly bit for everyone but I'd take that over the nonsense indie shit you hear if you happen to walk into the wrong coffee shop.
This is a good one, I also like Crave You (Adeventure Club Remix) by Flight Facilities. If you play FIFA you have heard Skrillez - Scatta (Feat. Foreign Beggars & Bare Noize), def more computer skretchy sounds but it is an interesting beat.

I can listen to almost anything if it has a good beat, dubstep is something I can listen to now and again, not all the time. Some of it makes me bob the head though

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hip hop and Techno had sex one night, and techno got pregnant. Hip hop was excited, but techno had this horrible heroin habit. Techno abused heroin during the pregnancy, and had a child born with sever birth defects. When bringing the defected child home, techno tripped and drop the child down 6 flights of stairs head first, causing further brain damage. That child is now dub step.
[rofl]

Scarecrow

Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No im saying it's complete and utter shit music ( if you can call it that)

and even if i was high, wouldnt change the fact its shit music
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the new music coming out, but some of the Skrillex stuff isn't bad. The music videos make the music though, the one with the girl and the pedophile is pretty awesome. Think the song is called "New year" or something. Most every other dubstep song I've heard sucks ass.

And Crystal Method was, and is, techno. Shit techno, but still techno. You want to listen to techno, go find a band called Dune and listen to Hardcore Vibes or Can't Stop Raving. Million Miles From Home is another good song. I spent 2 years in South Korea and DJ'ed for my booze at night, I KNOW techno.

Serapis

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is a good one, I also like Crave You (Adeventure Club Remix) by Flight Facilities. If you play FIFA you have heard Skrillez - Scatta (Feat. Foreign Beggars & Bare Noize), def more computer skretchy sounds but it is an interesting beat.

I can listen to almost anything if it has a good beat, dubstep is something I can listen to now and again, not all the time. Some of it makes me bob the head though
I actually like that Crave You song.

Good song for you and your old lady when the lights dim down.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually like that Crave You song.
Heard it on a Youtube video actually, it was a NH WRX showcased at some abandoned building I am assuming in the Hudson/Nashua area.

I heard one the other day, something about adicted to your sound. Did not catch the song name or artist unfortunatly, it was a good one though.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Dubstep? I'm still trying to get out of Trance/House/etc. Don't think it'll happen.... [rofl]

Scarecrow

Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Found it! Skrillex - First of the Year. Look for the official video, none of the live stuff, it's pretty good. Cinema is another good'un. DrGrant : Dune, Ian Van Dahl... I need to get into my external hard drives to name more, Just about every CD I've ever owned is backed up on that thing.

Top Bottom