Could it be the End for Private Firearm Sales?

They do crazy stuff at the beginning of each session. Last year we had to go in and testify against all sorts of things like 50 cal bans, OGAM, this crap from Linksey, and a boatload of other moonbat things. I'm sure we'll be seeing a bunch soon.

Linsky and friends file this crap every legislative session. Many legislators know that he's a whack job, but we must forever be vigilant that nothing he proposes ever becomes law.

When you do a private sale you're supposed to check the license status on the portal (eFA/10 system) and verify it's valid before conducting the sale. That IS a background check because if the person were disqualified the license would no longer be valid.

So - new legislation is not needed.... and Lie-inski needs to learn how to do "research"

When you do a private sale you're supposed to check the license status on the portal (eFA/10 system) and verify it's valid before conducting the sale. That IS a background check because if the person were disqualified the license would no longer be valid.

So - new legislation is not needed.... and Lie-inski needs to learn how to do "research"

Not precisely true, but frankly the "leak through" probability on an LTC holder evading detection is extremely small, given that the person with the LTC still has to undergo a full blown BG check (state and federal) every 6 years. (eg, for offenses that occured outside of MA, etc. ) Basically Linstain is bitching about something that is unrealistic and statistically improbable. He'd be better off buying a powerball ticket than finding a case where "someone had an LTC but magically suddenly became federally prohibited because of some offense that happened somewhere else so they didnt know and waah they bought a gun and did something bad with it". Just doesn't add up.

-Mike

In Massachusetts To buy a gun you need a license, to get a license you need a background check. Am I missing something here or do I need to be college education to understand what is missing.

Proves how stupid this POS Linsky is.

Here's an article about his proposal

http://wwlp.com/2017/01/19/state-rep-seeks-to-close-loophole-in-private-gun-sales-law/

Proposed loophole fix would allow licensed gun dealers to charge $25 for background checks on private sales.

1/19/2017

Natick state Representative Democrat David Linsky spent months reviewing the state’s private gun sale laws. He plans to file a bill to require private sales to be conducted at a licensed gun dealer, but it could cost you some extra dollars.

Right now, state law requires that all personal gun sales be recorded on a state transaction portal. The state must then report that information to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, but the system doesn’t provide background checks on private sales.

Representative Linsky wants to allow licensed gun dealers to charge up to $25 to conduct federal background checks on private sales. Fellow Representative Michael Finn of West Springfield is open to the idea. “The gun laws that we have are adequate,” Finn told 22News. “I think we’ve done quite a bit to ensure the safety of the general public when it comes to gun sales, but like with all things, I don’t think you should just close the door on an issue.”

The proposed law would also create criminal penalties for those who don’t comply with the private gun sales law.

Last edited:
In Massachusetts To buy a gun you need a license, to get a license you need a background check. Am I missing something here or do I need to be college education to understand what is missing.
and buying a gun gets a check.. That dude is bonehead.

Up to $25.. that bullshit an ffl can charge whatever he likes to do a transfer.. not that i agree with it being more but at some places it is more than $25. The state mandating what someone should charge would make me simply say"i dont do transfers, only sales...sorry"

Its kind of a lame fight on my end.. a ffl is probibly better off doing $25 transfers all day then trying to keep inventory and compete with the distributer you get them from on gunbroker.

Linsky being Linsky.

He tries to pass the same gungrabbing bills every year. He literally said at a public meeting - about his proposed tax on guns and ammunition "I put that in there just to see what kind of reaction I would get".

This is stupid. Every time a license is granted or renewed, you have a background check. If you are convicted of a crime in the state, you are getting revoked.

So is this to prevent someone who was able to pass a background check to get a license, who legally bought guns, who then was convicted of a crime in another state, from coming back to MA where that person likely already has guns, and get a gun from another licensed gun owner in a private sale?

What an ******* for screwing everyone over to try to prevent something that is incredibly improbable.

Not precisely true, but frankly the "leak through" probability on an LTC holder evading detection is extremely small, given that the person with the LTC still has to undergo a full blown BG check (state and federal) every 6 years. (eg, for offenses that occured outside of MA, etc. ) Basically Linstain is bitching about something that is unrealistic and statistically improbable. He'd be better off buying a powerball ticket than finding a case where "someone had an LTC but magically suddenly became federally prohibited because of some offense that happened somewhere else so they didnt know and waah they bought a gun and did something bad with it". Just doesn't add up.

-Mike

And don't forget that with many people holding non resident licenses in other states you get a backround check at that renewal as well. My Maine permit gets signed off by the local chief. I know this because he calls me to bust my balls.

I never hear anything about NH.

Up to $25.. that bullshit an ffl can charge whatever he likes to do a transfer.. not that i agree with it being more but at some places it is more than $25. The state mandating what someone should charge would make me simply say"i dont do transfers, only sales...sorry"

There's a method to his madness... he's counting on some FFL's not to process private sales.

I don't think many legislators other than ChangDiaz and Cindy Creem take Linksys seriously

I think this is more clever than it seems. If they mandate a transfer through an ffl then all those off register guns cannot be processed, unless we all start selling frames only at ffl and then a separate btransaction for the slide. Amazing how there is never enough tyranny from these people.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Just start to "loan with an indefinite time for return" your firearms to another licensee, with that borrower leaving a cash deposit as surety at the valued price.

Back
Top Bottom