Could it be the End for Private Firearm Sales?

What an ass. Background checks are proven to reduce gun violence and save lives? Background checks are the new catch word for politicians. When they use it along with Sandy Hook I just want to punch them in the throat.

In Massachusetts To buy a gun you need a license, to get a license you need a background check. Am I missing something here or do I need to be college education to understand what is missing.

In Massachusetts To buy a gun you need a license, to get a license you need a background check. Am I missing something here or do I need to be college education to understand what is missing.

Yes, Mass is one of the only states that does not have this 'loophole'.

He's a douche.

He saying that the MA system isn't tied into the FED data base and not current. I see what your saying I'm sure if a MA gun owner committed a crime the first thing I'm sure what would happen is the guns would be seized and the license revoked.

Politicians / Law Makers that's getting paid and has nothing to do, has to create the appearance that they are doing something.

So using the numbers from the state data base; law abiding citizens are using a state firearms transfer portal to legally transfer firearms is now a loophole?

Yup. The same way that buying COPYCAT Assault weapons was a loophole. Your Attorney General and your Legislators SUCK.

Sorry - this has potential to derail the thread, but, really? The northeast just keeps getting worse and worse.

So using the numbers from the state data base; law abiding citizens are using a state firearms transfer portal to legally transfer firearms is now a loophole?

Yesterday's compromise is today's loophole.

The anti crowd has no problem with abolishing private gun possession with death by a thousand cuts. Every time we "compromise" the line in the sand moves another inch.

Isn't this exactly the same thing that happened in Nevada but got rejected because the FBI said they won't do it?

He saying that the MA system isn't tied into the FED data base and not current. I see what your saying I'm sure if a MA gun owner committed a crime the first thing I'm sure what would happen is the guns would be seized and the license revoked.

There is an automated system in place to daily notify issuing authorities of any court activity by a MA LTC holder, so they can confiscate/revoke. It only does this for MA court activity however. They wanted FRB to tie into NICS but Feds said no, only FFLs can do that.

Linsky's other BS about FFLs doing BG checks on gun sellers is pure BS, nobody does BG on sellers, only buyers.

A side benefit to the antis wrt Linsky's wet dream of all transfers going thru FFLs is that most handguns would be non-transferable since they wouldn't be on the EOPS List and AG compliant.

Don't think he's stupid, he's just sly as a fox on a witch-hunt to ban guns.

What an ass. Background checks are proven to reduce gun violence and save lives? Background checks are the new catch word for politicians. When they use it along with Sandy Hook I just want to punch them in the throat.

I would be really interested in seeing his source for that statement [rolleyes]

Pretty much just it. But I can get re-elected by my clueless masses in my district if I support "tough talk" gun control to save lives.

A whole 4,000 more people did private sales in 2016. FOUR THOUSAND! Wow. Well, not 4,000 people. 4,000 transactions. All completed by legal gun owners.

Well, not really. We all know that gangbangers, hitmen and pimps all ensure they fill out an FA-10 when they buy a gun off the street. [rofl]

**** this guy, seriously. It's already a crime to sell F2F to someone without an LTC in MA. Person has an LTC, they get BGC'd every 6 years. What more do you ****ing want?

This will do absolutely nothing to stop "mass shootings" or gang bangers going out and popping a cap in someone's ass.

Gun control is free publicity for these idiots. They don't give a damn about reducing crime by restricting guns, I doubt they even care about the guns. All they care about is getting re-elected and since soccer mom's conflate gun ownership with gun violence, this is a hot button topic that gets him free publicity and votes.

Until we smack them down and prove that gun control loses more votes than it gets, shitbags like this will proliferate in commie states like MA & CA.

They don't actually do any research when they make their idiotic statements. If they did they would find that background checks are ineffective at stopping those with criminal intent.
The fact that they blame an inanimate object for violence instead of the perpetrators of the crime prove their idiocy and their corruption.

Didn't even think of that.

You always have to think about the possible consequences.

I doubt that his intent doesn't include this as an "unintended consequence" (to us only)!!

Making all guns leave the state would be a big win for his kind and this is a step in that direction.

look how depressing these #'s are:

20,599 private transfers in one year, so
56 private transfers per day

this means in the ENTIRE state of Mass, only 56 firearms are being transferred daily by totally legal means. would love to know how many stolen or street firearms are brought into the state and sold without any FA10 or LTC. probably a lot more. or how about how many of these FTF/FA10 sold firearms are ever implicated in a crime.

this about infringement for the sake of infringement. unamerican. as we say around here, "cradle and grave of liberty".

^this. their goal is any infringement that can be implemented. plain and simple.

Isn't this exactly the same thing that happened in Nevada but got rejected because the FBI said they won't do it?

Yeah but only because of how the law there was worded. California and I think several other states have this kind of thing where private sales are all done through an FFL, meaning no handguns that aren't on the list transferring ever again. Then at least out there they started paring down the list, they lose options every year and soon there won't be anything available.

I'm voting....

Linstain (Linsky) the sheep fornicator comes up with this kind of crap every session, and it goes nowhere.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm voting....

Linstain (Linsky) the sheep fornicator comes up with this kind of crap every session, and it goes nowhere.

-Mike

Likely true, I feel like this isn't the first time I have heard this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely true, I feel like this isn't the first time I have heard this.

I wouldn't be surprised if he and his cohorts bring up the "gun owners must have special liability insurance" bill, for the 48th time, despite the fact that the MA insurance industry said, flat out, to these legislators, in no uncertain terms: "No, **** you people, we're not doing it we're never doing it." (because the poltiical ramifications alone would be enormously bad, not to mention the problems of implementing that "product" would be a nightmare in terms of evaluating risk etc. )

Most of this stuff is all just political grandstanding so he can check off a box with certain political donors who effectively "pay him to be anti gun. "

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom