• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cost of primers up?

I just purchased a thousand cci 300 large pistol primers at the local shop (Pittsfield area). A couple of months ago they cost 24.95 - but yesterday they cost 35.95!!! What's up with this? They told me at the shop that they are getting really hard to find. Anyone else paying this much? What do primers cost where you live?

Cheers

$36/brick? Outrageous! As of 3 weeks ago, they were still $24 at Northeast Trading.

Glad I bought a case of both large and small pistol primers just a couple of months ago.

Based on current dealer prices that is indeed outrageous. Unfortunately, $24.95 is reasonable for a "shop price" nowdays. Powder valley is $20.00 and the price "stocking dealers" pay for primers isn't much less than that. Although hazmat eats up a chunk of the saving on small orders, it's amazing how close some of these mail order places come to the prices that even large shops have to pay for this sort of thing.

Primer Cost

Yoiu got ripped off big time. Riley's was pricing theirs at around $23.00 last visit. They are probably up a bit now. The only primers I paid that much for were the large rifle Benchrest Primers. CCI #34 LR were a little bit more expensive but not much.

Find a new dealer quickly....

Last time I bought it was $80 for a case of Federal Large Pistol Primers. Federal are out of stock at a lot of places country wide so I am glad I stocked up[wink]

I have some Winchester Small Rifle coming in the next week or two so I will post the case price when I have the final figure as an FYI.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom