• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cory Booker: Gun Control Will Bring Freedom to Americans

mikeyp

NES Member
I'm guessing back in the slavery days, he would have been in the house

Cory Booker: Gun Control Will Bring Freedom to Americans - The Truth About Guns

It seems that as Democrat candidates fall farther from the lead in the presidential nominating process, they say ever-more outrageous thingsabout civilian gun ownership.

Take Cory Booker for instance. Senator Spartacus has pronounced that enacting stiffer gun control laws will bring you freedom. Really. This from the presidential candidate who’s polling at between one and three percent. A candidate who can’t distinguish between a privilege and a constitutional right.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), one of many Democrats running for his party’s presidential nomination, says gun control will restore freedom to the American people.

Booker told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Wednesday night that in Newark, New Jersey — where Booker once served as mayor — people would show him bullet holes in their windows:

“It creates an environment so crippled by fear and trauma that on the Fourth of July in communities like mine across this country, you have people who hear fireworks, and parents will tell you, their children dive for cover. They cower. They hide.

“We’ve created such a culture of fear that’s now penetrating all types of communities where we say the best we can do to our children now, when they go to school in September, is we can’t protect you, so we’re going to teach you how to duck for cover, shelter in place,” Booker said.

“That is a society that has surrendered basic freedoms. Freedom from violence. Freedom from gunfire. Freedom to live without this kind of constant cortisol in the back of your brain being released that undermines our quality of life. We are losing our well-being as a nation because so many of these guns now are on our streets, so easily gotten by people who intend to do massive amounts of harm.”

Is this level of fear rational, or is it the product of the media’s and the left’s campaign for collectivism? And is the actual level of danger associated with “gun violence” consistent across most cities and towns across America or is it just inner city shitholes, where collectivism has failed?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

He who gives his freedom for safety gets none of them. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

People never give up their liberties but under some delusion. Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding. Justice Louis Brandeis (1856-1941)

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

One of my favorite quotes.

Methinks Booker has a different definition of “freedom” than I do.

One of my favorite quotes.

Methinks Booker has a different definition of “freedom” than I do.

The only freedom he's looking for is freedom from reality and freedom to rule over other people's lives.

Rob is right, it's newspeak. Freedom is slavery.

From Booker's point of view, or, more accurately, the POV of the people that he wants to vote for him, everything should be supplied by The Government. Safety (not just physical type, but emotional, as well)
is the primary concern. That's why opinions that oppose, or just differ, are "hate speech" and any comment by a white guy about any individual that's not a white guy is racist.

One of the things that I love is the left's description of Trump's "hate" is the forgetting of Hillary's hate speech about 25% of the American population: "Trump's supporters....basically half of them are a basket of deplorables." Since it was a 50/50 split in the vote, that's where I get the 25%.

All about the spin.

His idea of gun control is control the guns of law abiding citizens and let the gang banger just have at it. If he was so concerned with gun control and gun violence why didn't clean up Newark NJ when he was mayor?
"Crime rates, which were, in fact, falling before Booker was elected, began to creep back up. By 2013, with Newark’s population at 278,246, there were 3,516 violent crimes and 112 killings, both figures higher than when he took office. The city’s murder rate put it behind only Detroit and New Orleans." That just shows what a good job at gun control he was able to accomplish. He is a joke as a presidential candidate and really doesn't have a chance. He is so irreverent no one should pay any attention to any thing he has to say.

His idea of gun control is control the guns of law abiding citizens and let the gang banger just have at it. If he was so concerned with gun control and gun violence why didn't clean up Newark NJ when he was mayor?
"Crime rates, which were, in fact, falling before Booker was elected, began to creep back up. By 2013, with Newark’s population at 278,246, there were 3,516 violent crimes and 112 killings, both figures higher than when he took office. The city’s murder rate put it behind only Detroit and New Orleans." That just shows what a good job at gun control he was able to accomplish. He is a joke as a presidential candidate and really doesn't have a chance. He is so irreverent no one should pay any attention to any thing he has to say.

Well, Booker needs his imaginary gangsta friend "T-Dog" to be well armed

You know things are f***ed when Biden is the most sane of the candidates.

Most sane dem goes to Tulsi Gabbard.

1) anti intervention, wants to end the pointless wars, and not get stuck in new ones
2) anti drug war
3) anti civil asset forfeiture
4) anti NSA Spying
5) anti identity politics
6) pro criminal justice reform
7) pro free speech, will drop charges against Assange and Snowden
8) pro Audit the Fed
9) Pro secure borders
10) Pro secure elections with paper trail

Most sane dem goes to Tulsi Gabbard.

1) anti intervention, wants to end the pointless wars, and not get stuck in new ones
2) anti drug war
3) anti civil asset forfeiture
4) anti NSA Spying
5) anti identity politics
6) pro criminal justice reform
7) pro free speech, will drop charges against Assange and Snowden
8) pro Audit the Fed
9) Pro secure borders
10) Pro secure elections with paper trail
Shes also anti gun

“We’ve created such a culture of fear that’s now penetrating all types of communities..." Well, we gun owners didn't create that culture of fear. Creep politicians like him, and the toxic media did.

Government is Bookers religion. Firearms in the hands of those who value actual liberty threaten his religion. His religion can be challenged or not prosper because of liberty. Therefore, the tools that support liberty must be eliminated.

Before internet news, no ink would have been wasted on this fringe whack job with an insignificant following. Nobody would have even known his name.

Well that and the obnoxious invention known as the "24 hour news cycle. " If I owned a bar or restauraunt I would ban cable news stations off any of the televisions in the place. Actually hell I would go a step further than that- unless there's a sportsball game on, the f***ing televisions are OFF. [laugh] It's like a disease or
something.

-Mike

Well that and the obnoxious invention known as the "24 hour news cycle. " If I owned a bar or restauraunt I would ban cable news stations off any of the televisions in the place. Actually hell I would go a step further than that- unless there's a sportsball game on, the f***ing televisions are OFF. [laugh] It's like a disease or
something.

-Mike
Unless it's a sports bar... why televisions in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom