- and no take out for us also,
- no socializing, so...
- a lot more more dog walking (Burrage Pond WMA in Hanson, MA in my case),

... I’m dropping pounds, more than 5 in a month

GlockJock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
With gym closed it is VERY tough to duplicate the workouts I get there. We have a pretty old and lousy exercise bike, and I have a few free weights but no bench so improvising any chest/pecs workout is tough..Thinking I might use our 'TrumpCheck' to buy more workout stuff and make sort of a "full" home gym, which would also come in handy during blizzards etc when gym is closed or can't get there etc...

Currently been doing the long walks also... Being cooped up starting to take a slight toll on our relationship, a little bit.. "Familiarity breeds contempt" LOL, and we have a GREAT marriage (almost 35 years), so I can imagine how difficult this period of confinement has been on some couples.
The other day as I was "suited up" in sweats and sneakers for a long walk, wife says "Y'know what? Why don't you just walk back to your mother's house - and STAY THERE!"...

She was only "half kidding". :)

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I lost 15 when I was dealing with shingles but now that I am only dealing with flare ups, I'm starting to put on a few pounds. I am trying to walk more in the woods to get some exercise but the trails are in horrible shape.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yup.

With routine, I eat. Disrupt that routine and I eat less. Plus I bet my BP goes up and metabolism with it.

So I go on vacation - don't really watch what I eat - and I lose weight!

Plus I'm actually still exercising. I started with a personal trainer almost 6 months ago. I do NOT want to lose the gains that I've made. So I do 20-40 min of strength training 3x a week. I start tele-workouts with him today. Hope that goes well. But I'd rather be back in the gym.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No real weight loss, but I am eating more. I have always worked from home, so no change in work. But without going out, I tend to snack more at night than I used to. We also try and do some take out to support the local places that are trying to stay open.

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yup.

With routine, I eat. Disrupt that routine and I eat less. Plus I bet my BP goes up and metabolism with it.

So I go on vacation - don't really watch what I eat - and I lose weight!

Plus I'm actually still exercising. I started with a personal trainer almost 6 months ago. I do NOT want to lose the gains that I've made. So I do 20-40 min of strength training 3x a week. I start tele-workouts with him today. Hope that goes well. But I'd rather be back in the gym.
Yeah, there are actually so many workout routines on YouTube, something for everyone. Cardio goes a long way if you don’t have bands or dumbbells, and there are plenty of routines that utilize your own body weight.

I worked out a deal with one of the trainers in our gym, which is now closed, to do a live Zoom workout with wife and I once a week. She’s a slave driving maniac! Still, it’s a great complement to the recorded videos and gets you to change things up and interact which really helps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else losing weight? Between:

- no business travel
- no sit down restaurant meals,
- no socializing, so...

Yes, along with a brief non Cerveza bug cold. I’m guessing I’m down at least 10 lbesses

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm finding some of the lost pounds. :confused: I had a physical job and was on my feet all day. Then I would still hit the gym once or twice a week.
I've been trying to walk more but we live off of a busy road. Once my back and knee fully heal from a fall on some ice i might try to jog or run a little.

Basically I have to stop eating which is hard because I'm cooking a lot more. Trying to clean the older stuff out of the preps and use it up.

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I came home from my last work trip Feb 17th....I knew it was time to get back on the health path..Jumped on the scale, almost cried. then kinda slacked for week but then got serious. Then the gym closed so I was forced to do at home stuff...So started going to the high school track near me...then they supposedly closed it . But I still see a**h***s using it even tho they locked up the doors and posted signs. So I took to the street and do a 30 minute walk and jog( I saw a snail run faster than me lol) I kind of use telephone pole lengths as goals...walk for a length...then jog for a few etc.. I have my third weigh in tomorrow( trying not to weigh my self as much) but last weigh in I was down on April 1st I was down 33 pounds... Def keeping busy with home projects and not eating as much either..no fast foods...no bread....I quit soda 20 years ago. Havent drank since 2013. so basically just drink water or water with gas..

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah Im under 200 now. Prob lost 5-6 lbs. Thinking its due to me trying to ration my meals and eating less bread and sugar. Stress maybe? Do people lose weight when theyre stressed?

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah Im under 200 now. Prob lost 5-6 lbs. Thinking its due to me trying to ration my meals and eating less bread and sugar. Stress maybe? Do people lose weight when theyre stressed?
stress is a huge weight loss contributing factor...but also has the opposite effect too...stress eating and weight gain...

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've lost 6lbs. Now I'm going to make it a goal to get down 12 to 15.

FYI drink as much water as you can. I drink at least 32oz a day. I also haven't been drinking any juices or soda. Although I did have a can of Coke last week and it tasted amazing....

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone else losing weight? Between:

- no business travel
- no sit down restaurant meals,
- no socializing, so...

Every time a customer calls me with an issue, I do the max reps of something then go solve the issue. One day I do pull ups, another push ups, another day bicep curls.

I found out it is a great way to work out throughout the day while I work.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've lost 6lbs. Now I'm going to make it a goal to get down 12 to 15.

FYI drink as much water as you can. I drink at least 32oz a day. I also haven't been drinking any juices or soda. Although I did have a can of Coke last week and it tasted amazing....
Coke is my treat. Every month or so Ill buy 1 two liter and I end up going through it in like a couple of days.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Coke is my treat. Every month or so Ill buy 1 two liter and I end up going through it in like a couple of days.
I love Coke, but just too much sugar for me. So I tried Coke Zero and it’s very close in taste. I don’t drink a ton of it but I enjoy a can every couple of days. Give it a try.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'm eating healthy and walking 3-5 miles per day. I'm down 5 during this and was pretty fit before. I do miss the gym and lifting weights.

I look at this Chinese Virus thing as a prize fight, get trim and fit to beat it, and yes I have run up the Rocky steps in Philly.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Maintaining my intermittent fasting regimen but no lunchtime workouts so although i'm staying about the same size i'm dropping a little weight as i'm losing muscle.

Trying to supplement workouts with some extra riding.

moped.jpg

Last edited:

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm eating healthy and walking 3-5 miles per day. I'm down 5 during this and was pretty fit before. I do miss the gym and lifting weights.

I look at this Chinese Virus thing as a prize fight, get trim and fit to beat it, and yes I have run up the Rocky steps in Philly.
I'm getting weak and scrawny. [angry]

With the gear I have (power tower, rubber band things, kettlebells), I'm hoping to keep something until the gym reopens. At least I still have the woods and my two-wheeled contraptions, so that's something (and keeps me sane, too).

EJFudd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Actually, I was losing weight (a lot of it, mainly by dieting) right up until the shutdowns started. Now I am cooped up at home and the weight loss has stopped dead from lack of exercise and (apparently) eating more. [thinking] Damn it!

Top Bottom