Coronavirus Prompts NH Governor To Issue 'Stay At Home' Order

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats totally rational

Whats irrational is locking down entire states instead of addressing hot spots/outbreaks

What irrational is not urging people that HAVE masks to wear them and wherever possible SHARE them.

Whats irrational are state gov's not reaching out to try to purchase N95's to distribute them to the public to stop the spread......they're out there for sale
The problem with the hotspot thing as people are extremely mobile in this century.
All you are going to see is what's happening in NY.
Ok I'm outta here.
Let's go spread this shit to MA and NH.
I saw the amount of NY plates around Cape Ann last Friday that you would normally see in July /August.
Lo and behold, this week there is a jump in cases there now.
The only way it would work is to block off every road leading in and out of that area with the threat of arrest if someone tries to leave or enter.
You can guess how well that would go over.

I was talking to a guy this week who is originally from Argentina .
People weren't listening so the government brought in dump trucks and blocked the road with dirt and rocks .

It's a shitty situation and no matter what there's going to be a lot of people pissed off at the ones making the call no matter what that call is.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So Where do NH residents go to "get away"
It seems it's always about everybody invading NH
I'm sure it's perfectly ok for NH residents to go wherever the f*** they want.
That's easy. Unless maybe you live in one of the few cities in NH, we're already "away". No great need to really go anywhere, other than maybe to another part of NH to climb a mountain or something. You can see this dynamic by looking at license plates. In NH, lots of NY license plates. The occasional time we have to drive towards NY, NH plates are nonexistent. None of us want to go there. We don't want to go to CT or RI either (and we see plenty of those plates in NH). But, they all want to come here, because their states suck.

We do occasionally venture into Maine, MA or maybe even VT. That's about it though.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the "essential industry" letters, my company had them ready to go a week ago, but we didn't distribute them in our New England locations. On Wednesday after Vermont locked down, I gave them to the five or so of our employees who live in VT. And the one guy who I saw shopping in our store, who recently transferred to West Leb, so 90% of his commute is down I-91 in VT.

Today they told us to go ahead and distribute to everyone else, so I started that process (I wasn't even scheduled to be at work, but I have a huge backlog). But as of Wednesday, it was already available to everyone in this national "essential" company (food & agriculture) via our HR self service app.

That said... like I joked with my county sheriff this morning, you pretty much have to run into a police cruiser these days to get stopped. He laughed and agreed.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That said... like I joked with my county sheriff this morning, you pretty much have to run into a police cruiser these days to get stopped. He laughed and agreed.
Truth be told, I've been speeding like a bandit on 3 and 93 since the whole work from home/quarantine thing took effect. I almost feel guilty.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The problem with the hotspot thing as people are extremely mobile in this century.
Doesnt have to be

Shut the fooking borders down and lock up a couple NYers and they will stop coming

Governors have the power and auth........thats what fooking borders are for.....

If they can ban firewood from crossing state lines and require all sorts of health certificates for animals to do the same they can get creative with foreigners....errr out of staters

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Something like 6 weeks ago, we already dumped all plans for the year. This includes Philippines trip (impossible now) and vacation rental in September.

I'll just be happy to not have anyone close to us die, and to still have a job.

My back yard is beautiful... grass, trees, animals... I'm more than happy to sit in a gravity chair and stare off into the trees while the sun shines on me.
I have zero plans to go anywhere now. I had been planning a week on Winnipesaukee with the boat, but that is put the window. I'll spend the summer in my yard, or the woods behind me, or in my boat across the street from my house.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Doesnt have to be

Shut the fooking borders down and lock up a couple NYers and they will stop coming

Governors have the power and auth........thats what fooking borders are for.....

If they can ban firewood from crossing state lines and require all sorts of health certificates for animals to do the same they can get creative with foreigners....errr out of staters
MA.jpg

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If their primary goal was safety then the politicians leading this farce would start to advocate universal use of a mask/scarf/anything to cover the pie hole while in public to reduce chance of transmission.......its not to protect the user.....its to keep people from expelling the wet/viral mess into the air........this in combination with social distancing = precipitous drop in new cases over several weeks

With that I will return you to the regularly scheduled public safety theatre......these idiots must be taking queues from TSA......

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sununu needs to get with the program.....if other states can restrict residents of other states crossing into their borders to mandatory quarantine then the least our Gov can do is follow suit

Especially considering the hot mess in the eastern half of the state of mass........mass has been declared a major disaster

Border needs to be closed to everything but commerce/trucking

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was thinking about that this morning. The same thing people did during the bubonic plague. Villages built road blocks to prevent travelers from the cities coming into their town. Farmers outside Wuhan did that also. My first thought was that people are selfish but then I thought "What would I do if it were my family?"
Chances are you wouldnt be in NY to begin with......but its a natural reaction to protect you and yours from outside threat.....its what we have fooking borders for

CLW42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sununu needs to get with the program.....if other states can restrict residents of other states crossing into their borders to mandatory quarantine then the least our Gov can do is follow suit

Especially considering the hot mess in the eastern half of the state of mass........mass has been declared a major disaster

Border needs to be closed to everything but commerce/trucking
What happened to:

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Resistance Is Duty."

Isn't it a little tyrannical to limit interstate travel? Isn't one of the things that makes the United States great the fact that we are all part of the same country and don't require papers to cross state lines?

I know, I know...but muh virus! If this is as bad as the hype, the cat's out of the bag.

I seem to recall someone saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Again, I know...it's a Pandemic...we're all going to die. So all that talk of liberty goes out the window when it's a virus...then the government is free to protect the ever loving S*hit out of us.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What happened to:

Isn't it a little tyrannical to limit interstate travel? Isn't one of the things that makes the United States great the fact that we are all part of the same country and don't require papers to cross state lines?

I know, I know...but muh virus! If this is as bad as the hype, the cat's out of the bag.

I seem to recall someone saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Again, I know...it's a Pandemic...we're all going to die. So all that talk of liberty goes out the window when it's a virus...then the government is free to protect the ever loving S*hit out of us.
Governors job is to protect/serve citizens of NH

/discussion

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What happened to:

If you had to go to the hospital, and they told you to pound sand, you might feel differently. Hospitals are overwhelmed dealing with this.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
wife and I successfully cross the boarder to nh an back today.
we didn't notice any special signs except the 93 tolls North had sign tolls by video fast lane or exact change only.

sounds like there pulling the collectors

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been 33 total hospitalizations to date in the entire state of NH.

Elliot is laying off half their staff, that's how "overwhelmed" they are.
I had to drop by Littleton Regional Hospital Friday. It was a ghost town. Of course, had to go through the TSA anal probe routine to get inside. Most of the inside lights were turned off. Not too busy there, that's for sure.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There have been 33 total hospitalizations to date in the entire state of NH.

Elliot is laying off half their staff, that's how "overwhelmed" they are.
Meanwhile the hospital industrial complex talking heads have snookered Sununu and other elected officials....schools being converted to handle what sounds like tens of thousands of patients

At the same time the hospital industrial complex refuses to tell people to wear SOME sort of mask/shemaugh/scarf to cut down on transmission from sick/asymptomatic persons......

Its almost as if they WANT people to get sick and land in the hospital

33 people in NH have been hospitalized out of the 214 confirmed positive for Wu Flu.....I wonder how many are hospitalized due to media terrorization vs the actual disease.....

Testing is reportedly very limited......less than 8000 persons reportedly having been tested

case-map2.jpg

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If that's true, they should send a bus to Mass General and take a load off of them.
Our cute little hospitals up here don't have many beds. Monadnock Community Hospital has 25 beds, and I would assume many in use at a normal time. The virus will soon overflow these few beds too, so we don't want any busses from Boston with more.

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Our cute little hospitals up here don't have many beds. Monadnock Community Hospital has 25 beds, and I would assume many in use at a normal time. The virus will soon overflow these few beds too, so we don't want any busses from Boston with more.
Agreed. KBCraig seems to think this Chinese Virus isn't a problem in NH.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Agreed. KBCraig seems to think this Chinese Virus isn't a problem in NH.
We have something like 65 hospitals in the state........and 33 people hospitalized for Wu Flu

In the meantime everyone that needs some procedure/elective surgery (ie lots of pain....not going to die today) has been put on hold

Top Bottom