Coronavirus Prompts NH Governor To Issue 'Stay At Home' Order

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Where was the panic during H1N1?
Donald Trump wasn't running for re-election and the MSM would say nothing bad about the magic negro.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/documents/case-map.pdf

One case here in Sullivan County. Grafton is an anomoly because of the sick guy who refused to quarantine.
Rockingham and Hillsboro are high because of their population and proximity to Massachusetts. Unless he's holding back a lot of bad stuff, pretty kneejerk.

Coos looking pretty good. Should have bought that camp on Back Lake a couple of years ago.[wink]

Last edited:

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
To be fair, here's some of the specifics of the order:

"Over the past 24 hours," Sununu said, "we've received calls and requests for a mandatory shelter-in-place ... this is not a shelter-in-place. We are not closing down transportation, I'm not closing our borders, and no one will be prevented from leaving their homes. I want to be clear — no governor can shut down the border; no governor can prevent another state's residents from entering another state."

When asked whether local law enforcement would be enforcing the order, Sununu said he did not expect residents to be "harassed" or police to stop people to find out why they weren't at home. He said residents were already staying home now. But as it gets warmer, with the potential for residents in Maine and Massachusetts visiting the state, social distancing and stopping the spread were going to be harder to enforce without an order, Sununu said.

"What we're trying to provide is another tool in the toolbox for locals, to manage their communities," he said, "but it isn't about an enforcement action at all."

Now contrast that with other states (cough, MA, cough) where my company is issuing letters to employees considered "essential" to show to police officers when they're stopped and harassed about being on the road. He was getting a lot of pressure to no-shit shelter-in-place, including from the heads of at least two major hospitals in the state.

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope it works in NH better than MA.
I'm watching normal daily activity on the roads as if Corona weren't a thing.
I just drove past Harbor Frieght in Fitchburg. Everything in that place comes from China and the parking lot was packed. Nevermind the bat soup. I'm guessing the Kung Flu came from the free piece of sit trinkets they give out when they're having their weekly "everything must go" sale.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
my buddy in MA was told there was no gasoline on 95 ( BS !!!) so he went to his house in NH.... they had 10 inches of snow the other morning, I'm sure black fly season is going to be a blast

in the mean time I am doing just fine here in Fort Myers, I have not run out of anything, I helped a neighbor replace a water heater today, the wife golfed 3 times this week, we are taking precautions but so far outside of grocery shopping being a little less convienient, things are pretty normal here. outside of the bar and fitness center being closed. The dogs got their rotisserie chicken from BJ's so they are happy.

If my Mom calls and says she needs me I'll be home in under 30 hours, but so far my brother and sisters seem to have things under control, my ex is dropping off 36 rolls of TP to Mom later today...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What else can you do but stay home? Everything is closed, you can't even get a haircut, all the eateries are closed. Unless you get your rocks off just driving around, you might as well just sit around at home.

I just hope we make China pay for infecting the world with this crap!

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hope it works in NH better than MA.
I'm watching normal daily activity on the roads as if Corona weren't a thing.
Outside of a bunch of businesses closing and it wrecking a bunch more people its not going to accomplish anything

This was a tragically short sighted decision by the gov

I fear that he's coming perilously close to pushing people too far.....maybe thats what donks want......he's surely not helping his chances of re-election by doing this

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Outside of a bunch of businesses closing and it wrecking a bunch more people its not going to accomplish anything

This was a tragically short sighted decision by the gov

I fear that he's coming perilously close to pushing people too far.....maybe thats what donks want......he's surely not helping his chances of re-election by doing this
That's kind of short-sighted, don't you think? "The Governor issused a "stay home" edict, so I'm going to vote for the left-wing Democrat?" This is still the guy that signed Constitutional Carry as his first action as Governor, and vetoed every anti-gun bill that hit his desk.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's kind of short-sighted, don't you think? "The Governor issused a "stay home" edict, so I'm going to vote for the left-wing Democrat?" This is still the guy that signed Constitutional Carry as his first action as Governor, and vetoed every anti-gun bill that hit his desk.
The problem is that people get irrational when they see the business they worked hard for being put under.
I've known some of my customers for many years and some of them are just devastated watching it all fall apart.
One I know of is probably killing his saving trying to help out his employees.
The mental toll it's taking is very real.

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What about gun stores? I do not see them in either list.
Sununu did an in studio interview on WMUR about this order. When asked about gun stores he said self protection is essential so they stay open. No hesitation on that answer even though he was uncertain about some of the other specifics.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont think its short sighted at all

Sununu's response up until today wasnt TOO draconian and he made a point of pushing the personal responsiblility thing....we're the free state message

Sununu's order today is going to wreck most every self employed person and small business in the state

Everything from the logger to saw mill to land scaping company to everything imaginable where there's little or no social contact to begin with in most cases.......

This is a cave to the cry babies on the coast that have been begging for a shutdown as well as the hospital administrators that failed to stockpile any PPE to protect their staff.......notice the national message from hospital administrators/similar.......masks wont do any good for joe and sally citizen........except for the proven fact that masks keep people who are sick from spreading diseases like this..........every year until wu flu your Md's office would ask patients who were sick to wear a mask when they came to be examined in office.....suddenly that stopped the moment wu flu began.......they made a choice to try to hoard the commercial market/supplies for hospital use.....and NOT take steps to PREVENT the spread by urging everyone to wear masks

If everyone or near everyone wore a mask for a month it would stop community spread dead in its tracks or near enough

Sununu is a decent gov.....I suspect he's been overwhelmed with messaging from people around him thats pushing him to do this.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The problem is that people get irrational when they see the business they worked hard for being put under.
I've known some of my customers for many years and some of them are just devastated watching it all fall apart.
One I know of is probably killing his saving trying to help out his employees.
The mental toll it's taking is very real.
Thats totally rational

Whats irrational is locking down entire states instead of addressing hot spots/outbreaks

What irrational is not urging people that HAVE masks to wear them and wherever possible SHARE them.

Whats irrational are state gov's not reaching out to try to purchase N95's to distribute them to the public to stop the spread......they're out there for sale

Lank

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, here's some of the specifics of the order:

"Over the past 24 hours," Sununu said, "we've received calls and requests for a mandatory shelter-in-place ... this is not a shelter-in-place. We are not closing down transportation, I'm not closing our borders, and no one will be prevented from leaving their homes. I want to be clear — no governor can shut down the border; no governor can prevent another state's residents from entering another state."

When asked whether local law enforcement would be enforcing the order, Sununu said he did not expect residents to be "harassed" or police to stop people to find out why they weren't at home. He said residents were already staying home now. But as it gets warmer, with the potential for residents in Maine and Massachusetts visiting the state, social distancing and stopping the spread were going to be harder to enforce without an order, Sununu said.

"What we're trying to provide is another tool in the toolbox for locals, to manage their communities," he said, "but it isn't about an enforcement action at all."

Now contrast that with other states (cough, MA, cough) where my company is issuing letters to employees considered "essential" to show to police officers when they're stopped and harassed about being on the road. He was getting a lot of pressure to no-shit shelter-in-place, including from the heads of at least two major hospitals in the state.
Just keep a box of unopened Advil on the dash. Yes sir officer, I was just at the pharmacy blah blah blah. Hell, in mass just keep a handle of vodka handy, as packies are essential here

Reactions: jpk

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just keep a box of unopened Advil on the dash. Yes sir officer, I was just at the pharmacy blah blah blah. Hell, in mass just keep a handle of vodka handy, as packies are essential here
That's good advice for MA. Sununu specifically said the police would not be stopping people to ask why they were out.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I'm concerned, they are one of the most essential stores in the US...Problem is, most of the LGS's are cleaned out so there isn't much to buy...
And, this is NH, so no one is going to complain about gun stores being open. There are a lot of things not listed. In my personal opinion, if I had a retail store, I would stay open and simply limit the number of customers entering. My business is essential to me and my customers.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When do you think they're going to forgive all mortgages?

At this rate its not out of the realm of possibility
Wont happen. The majority of D voters are renters.

But it would be amazing if it happened. If we are going to get in debt and cause businesses to close, might as well pay off peoples homes.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are cops in MA stopping people?

I have been working from home and not watching the news. I went to make sure I can go to the range this weekend.

zboys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

I have been working from home and not watching the news. I went to make sure I can go to the range this weekend.
Absolutely not, just more paranoia from NH folk who think they are immune from world problems, and they believe everything that does happen there is Mass. Fault.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

There have been enough anecdotal accounts of this happening in MA that my company has issued official letters for MA employees to carry, saying they're working for a company decreed to be "essential."

ETA: Lest you think it's some small company making this up, let me change that line to say "...my $28B company has issued official letters for MA employees..."

zboys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
There have been enough anecdotal accounts of this happening in MA that my company has issued official letters for MA employees to carry, saying they're working for a company decreed to be "essential."

ETA: Lest you think it's some small company making this up, let me change that line to say "...my $28B company has issued official letters for MA employees..."
That's BS nobody is denied from driving around, it's just advised you stay home

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe if there was an actual shelter in place order these letters would be necessary. Right now there isn't, and they aren't. Plenty of businesses are still open.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a tough call. The majority of the state doesn't need to be shut down. But if he doesn't and the virus spreads especially in the obvious tourist areas then he'll catch a bunch of sh!t for it. He will also catch sh!t for shutting things down.. There is no win for anyone in this. I just figured out a decent survival plan for my business. But even shut down for another 5 weeks I'll get through it OK. I could probably justify seeing a few clients. I fall in a gray area of businesses.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
That's BS nobody is denied from driving around, it's just advised you stay home
I can only tell you what I can tell you.

"xxxx facilities remain open for employees whose role requires them to be onsite. As a supervisor, please determine if your employees are business essential and their work requires them to be onsite. For essential employees who must be onsite, xxxx is providing an authorization letter that the employees can keep with them while traveling to and from work. The letter verifies they are an essential employee supporting mission-critical government activity."

They have real work. I'm sure they're not drafting letters like this because they're bored and looking for something to do.

Last edited:

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's a tough call. The majority of the state doesn't need to be shut down. But if he doesn't and the virus spreads especially in the obvious tourist areas then he'll catch a bunch of sh!t for it. He will also catch sh!t for shutting things down.. There is no win for anyone in this. I just figured out a decent survival plan for my business. But even shut down for another 5 weeks I'll get through it OK. I could probably justify seeing a few clients. I fall in a gray area of businesses.
So therefore you're going to vote for the Democratic opponent? Because that's the subject of that post.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So therefore you're going to vote for the Democratic opponent? Because that's the subject of that post.
Not at all. I'm saying it's a tough decision for anyone in charge because no matter which way you go you will get a bunch of sh!t for it.. I might have quoted the wrong one of you're posts to reply to.

Top Bottom