Coronavirus Prompts NH Governor To Issue 'Stay At Home' Order

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I heard he was getting pressure from officials on the coast, Hampton Beach and Rye beach because of all the people coming up from MA.

Very possibly but I also know he was getting lots of pressure to shelter in place from his executive counselors, one of whom is running against him for Governor...Andrew Volinsky, a snake at best. This may be a compromise.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We might as well stay home, we're on the verge of an economic collapse. Not going to make much of a difference now.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The wife and I were driving in to work this morning on a little two lane back road. We passed a stationary police car, then one passed us going the other way, eventually we caught up with a third one going 10 mph in a 30 mph zone. He just kept creeping along. Wife was getting worried that I was crowding him. He slowed down even more and flashed his lights for a second.

I dunno what his problem was but if our situations were reversed he probably would have given me a ticket for going too slow. I wasn't in the best of moods anyway and we probably would have gotten off to a bad start. He eventually turned off on a side road.

I realize my story doesn't really tie in to the thread title. Times are hard. :)

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very possibly but I also know he was getting lots of pressure to shelter in place from his executive counselors, one of whom is running against him for Governor...Andrew Volinsky, a snake at best. This may be a compromise.
Volinsky is a step below retarded.....he's the reason for the claremont decisions.....fooking guy is bernie sanders jr

Sununu is committing political suicide

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Before they closed Loon Mountain, people from MA used the school shutdowns as a time to bring all there kids up here skiing.
Our town was packed with out of staters before it was closed.
Just reopen Cannon. Besides being my favorite, Cannon has an agreement with Darwin to cull the idiots.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
if I have to "shelter in place" I am going to do it in Florida... at least I have my pool and motorcycles here.... I have been getting out for rides at night...

no need to come back to NH to be stuck in a smaller house and try to restock everything we depleted before leaving in September.

I was planning on being back north on May 3rd, my wife told me there is no way she is driving thru NY to get home until this is dealt with.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
if I have to "shelter in place" I am going to do it in Florida... at least I have my pool and motorcycles here.... I have been getting out for rides at night...

no need to come back to NH to be stuck in a smaller house and try to restock everything we depleted before leaving in September.

I was planning on being back north on May 3rd, my wife told me there is no way she is driving thru NY to get home until this is dealt with.
You have a very smart and wise wife.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What Claremont decisions?
While back a couple of school districts filed suit cuz they wanted more state money

Supreme court made up a bunch of BS totally contrary to the NH constitution as written and forced the state to do silly crap that now costs us a ton of money

Obvs theres a lot more to it.....But Volinsky was a central part of that debaucle

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While back a couple of school districts filed suit cuz they wanted more state money

Supreme court made up a bunch of BS totally contrary to the NH constitution as written and forced the state to do silly crap that now costs us a ton of money

Obvs theres a lot more to it.....But Volinsky was a central part of that debaucle
Now there's another lawsuit brought by ConVal school district...

• Angry
Reactions: jpk

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I'm in Mass and I'm in the process of talking the wife until driving down to Florida and staying there until the Chinese flu is over. I hope I can talk her into it. If not, I'm going to miss the old girl.

• Haha
Reactions: jpk
Top Bottom