Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Here’s the word on the street. If you freeze it and want
it to taste good when you go to use it, then 4 months max.
It will last indefinitely but if you use it after four
months it’s going to taste just like what you think over frozen meat will taste like.

Frozen ground beef
bud, you're making a damn shepherds pie, not gourmet meatloaf.

dans

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
A disturbing number of you ma**h***s are demonstrating that you're totally incapable of making good decisions by fleeing mass to come to NH and THEN crowding into our grocery stores to stock your second homes......
SMH, SMS.

You should probably do a little research on this before speaking. The fact is, that people have been "escaping" areas where disease is prevalent, especially seasonal, for a long time. Look at the history of places like Long Island, Newport, the Catskills. And those are only modern examples.

BTW: I find that most people who fling the M***H*** epithet around are either recent escapes from the state or are pretty inbred enough that they think throwing hand grenades aren't going to be answered. Which are you?

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Barber chair chit chat from this morning (ie unverified and possibly bs):
Wenham PD COP's wife has either tested + or possibly simply quarantined; COP not sheltering in place at this time.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Anyone have a link to a Massachusetts live update site where they show confirmed cases popping up? Thanks.
I haven't seen anything specific to MA. The best overall sites I've found are:

You can zoom in on the gis map from Johns Hopkins, but that doesn't get lower than the state level.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Seeing some posts on local FB page. Single mom types pissed because people are buying too much stuff (according to them). Saying we should be "thinking of people with kids and only buying what we need." Others pointing out price increases with a sarcastic "God bless America!" A few calling for stores to limit the amount of items people purchase.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Anyone else hear rumors of Market Basket and Wegmans closing?
There's lots of this bullshit floating around, but IMHO it's 110% bullshit. IMHO there are shitbirds who think that pouring gas on the fire is a good thing. The other theory I've heard is that various .gov actors are leaking out these rumors with the ulterior motive being "well if they think the stores are going to close, if we peak the panic people will shelter in place earlier" but if that was really a .gov idea, whoever that person is, is a birdbrain and should be shot in the head, talk about inducing -real- panic... but if they use the "I got a scoop, somethin" method (similar to the bum in the pic below) where no accountability is attached to the rumor, then they can claim they never said it....

bum.png

ETA: the rumor mill with this corona virus shit has like glue fumes of the rumor mill we have locally in Fitchburg regarding the closure of an ice cream/fried food stand that is a fixture here- every year there is some group of fags telling everyone that "Carols is going to close, this is the last year" and that spins around on town faceplant pages for days until someone calls someone from the family that owns it and they say "no, thats bullshit, we're not selling it" and it dies... but it happens, every year, like clockwork..... I think it is because the people originating the rumor have some perverse thing about being attention whores or something. It reminds me of this thread on sigforum where this guy who was a builder had this problem in his housing development where some guy was sneaking into unfinished bathrooms and taking a shit in the newly installed bathtubs.... then someone else opined that in his town there was someone who was apparently getting into the post office at night and taking a shit right in the lobby once or twice a week. It's this weird like, attention whore fetish or something, I think.

-Mike

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
MB doesn't and most mb customers are too flinty to pay even a buck for that. It's a good idea, though. I might even throw the app on my phone for Hannafords, because 80% of the shit I buy is stuff I don't need to "hand select" like produce anyways. its usually a jug of milk or cat food etc.

Not surprised.... because apparently there are shitheads starting/spreading rumors about banks, gas stations, and grocery stores closing or soon to be forced closed by the state. I've heard this doomboner stuff from three different sources at this point, of course who "heard it from someone else" etc. Of course a common theme is nobody has ever been willing to name the "real" source of this stuff.

-Mike
It's funny you mention bank runs because I wasn't really concerned about them for this. But last night my mother brought this up and was all worried her money in the bank will be gone. I don't know where she got the idea from... She only watches the 6pm sheeple news and gets no newspapers or anything online.

I had to remind Mom she doesn't actually have any money to lose.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I just called Citizens Bank. The actual local branch. I asked if they have limits on cash withdrawal. He said no. He told me that a lot of customers came in today to withdraw over $1000 at one time. He said there is not a problem yet, but that they are short of $100 bills. He said withdraws will end up being covered by smaller bills.

I think it would be wise to have at least $1000 hidden in the house. You can use it for food if CC machines go down or a home emergency like heat / AC / plumbing / electrical work that is needed and if you have to pay a tradesman.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
SMH, SMS.

You should probably do a little research on this before speaking. The fact is, that people have been "escaping" areas where disease is prevalent, especially seasonal, for a long time. Look at the history of places like Long Island, Newport, the Catskills. And those are only modern examples.

BTW: I find that most people who fling the M***H*** epithet around are either recent escapes from the state or are pretty inbred enough that they think throwing hand grenades aren't going to be answered. Which are you?
Based on traffic and prevalence of mAss plates its a recent phenomena.

And to be fair.....if people bugged out of mAss 3 weeks ago before the Biogen conference WTF do I care......

The people that are the problem are the masses that are trying to leave an area with a high number of cases.....and then put themselves into close contact with others in a packed supermarket.......these are truly the dumbest of the dumb.....

It would be a whole different story if ma**h***s were bugging out and self quarantining for a couple weeks......but the opposite is happening......going north then putting themselves in close contact with others.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The Glob headline article says
President Donald Trump announced Saturday that the United States will broaden its European travel ban, adding Britain and Ireland to its list, and was considering imposing restrictions on travel within the U.S. to areas hit hard by the coronavirus spread.

Pence added that administration officials were “considering a broad range of measures” for potential domestic travel restrictions but no decisions have been made.

“We’re going to continue to follow the facts,” Pence said. “We’re going to continue to listen to the experts about recommendations.”

We heard a rumor (I'll repeat, nothing more than a rumor) that preparations are being put in place to tighten restrictions on flights in/out of Logan Airport. Sounds like that's might be the machinery involved as part of the 'considering', as these kinds of travel control things seem to go quickly from 'considering' to "you have 24hrs".

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It's funny you mention bank runs because I wasn't really concerned about them for this. But last night my mother brought this up and was all worried her money in the bank will be gone. I don't know where she got the idea from... She only watches the 6pm sheeple news and gets no newspapers or anything online.

I had to remind Mom she doesn't actually have any money to lose.
If she has any friends that she talks to on the phone I guarantee one of them told her about it.

-Mike

six string

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Attachments

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ahhh yes New Hampshire folk... A far superior race View attachment 338520 [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Race?

The ones that were born in NH had the sense to STAY in NH and not go to mass......
The ones that moved here had the sense to make a good decision......

If the last 40 years of dumb laws and high taxes didnt drive all y'all out of mass previously then I dont see why your bugging out over this.......

BOSTON STRONG!!!!

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Was just driving around town and if social distancing is supposed to already be underway it’s a complete failure.

And good luck keeping people from hitting popular outdoor spots once the weather gets warmer.

• Angry
Reactions: jpk

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was just driving around town and if social distancing is supposed to already be underway it’s a complete failure.

And good luck keeping people from hitting popular outdoor spots once the weather gets warmer.
This......sheep making bad decisions and totally ignoring 2+ months of advice

Same people will turn around and complain why gov didnt do more to force them to do/not do something in a couple weeks when they, a neighbor, parent or other family member come down with wu flu.......

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
just go up to NH and buy all you need then leave. Keys, upper decker on your way out. Thats what the rest of us have been doing.
Yeah I usually don't shop for anything in New Hampshire but According to JPK us Ma**h***s are required to go up there just to piss him off so he can continue to rant in this thread - I'm heading out now.

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We have known this thing was coming for 6 weeks! They failed to prepare....deal with it right?

Seeing some posts on local FB page. Single mom types pissed because people are buying too much stuff (according to them). Saying we should be "thinking of people with kids and only buying what we need." Others pointing out price increases with a sarcastic "God bless America!" A few calling for stores to limit the amount of items people purchase.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Seriously, the walmarts and market baskets of the world are probably ROLLING in the money right now. Short of them running out of product from their suppliers, why in the world would they close?
The Demula (spelling?) family seems to love their employees and be actually good people. I could see them allowing people to stay home that waned to. If they closed shop for a couple weeks it wouldn’t hurt the family much.

Top Bottom