Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Had a moment of panic today. Went to get some produce today. Noticed the cheese cases were pretty much empty. The produce section was half empty and it looked like they had just started stocking it at 1pm! They usually restock every morning. Went past the meat cases and most of them were empty. I don't shop much in other aisles so didn't really note anything unusual other than the peanut grinding machine was almost empty. Stopped and asked the "cheese dude" what was going on. (because, hey, maybe people started freaking out and stocking up on food) He said they had lost their refrigeration overnight and had just got it back so a lot of stuff had been tossed and they had just got the refrigeration working a short time prior and were busy trying to get everything stocked back up. Whew!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
[laugh]
I could never imagine how these things work. Do you wipe first and thats just an extra clean up after? Do you not wipe and rely on these to power wash all the poo off? Is there a regular toilet with a bidet next to it so you have to switch after your done pooping? Im assuming theres no vids on YT to demonstrate this.
I would probably bidet first, then wipe with TP because I don't trust it will get the job done. And no, I have not yet dared search for demonstration videos on YT. I'm guessing (just guessing!) that p0rnhub might have some demonstration videos, but I really really don't want to search for bidet p0rn. Yuck.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anyway, I am back from BJ's again. In addition to absolutely no TP, there was also no rice except for that Uncle Ben boxed crap that no one should ever buy anyway. And no baked beans, or dried beans that can be turned into baked beans. There were a few cans of garbanzo beans, but no one really likes those so that's not surprising they were still there. The cracker/chips aisle was maybe half depleted (but that's not something I would ever buy). I saw some moderate depletion in some of the canned sections as well as the nuts.

Most of the shelves were stocked and traffic was light.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Im not even joking when I say that Im not sure how that works. [laugh] Whats the point to pooping, then getting on the bidet, spraying and getting back on the toilet(?) and then wiping? I can imagine myself in another country trying to get this done and the guy in the next stall is like WTF is this guy doing?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not even joking when I say that Im not sure how that works. [laugh] Whats the point to pooping, then getting on the bidet, spraying and getting back on the toilet(?) and then wiping? I can imagine myself in another country trying to get this done and the guy in the next stall is like WTF is this guy doing?
I don't think that's how it works. Never used one but I could be wrong.
Yep I was wrong. I always thought it was part of the toilet. Ewww.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nyet, post is fine. I'm pretty sure there is some kind of TEOTSYAWKI (The End of the School Year as We Knew It) legalese in there somewhere. Besides, this is pretty much uncharted country for anyone alive today. If nothing else, end the year and make adjustments next year to the syllabus to catch up. I know the they dealt with Katrina, NO schools were down for quite a while and people were relocated to new areas for school.

I have nothing but praise for our benevolent overlords.
I'm not speculating. I'm just saying there's already existing law and policy about this. Can't go further than the scheduled 185 days per the state, and can't go into July per a lot of contracts. That leaves latitude for superintendents to do weekends, eliminate vacations... all those things have been tried in the past, for snow, in some communities.

This is no different from any other unexpected long-term closure; look at it this way. If a school shooting happened, say, the building would be shut down for months. Same with an earthquake, tornado... etc. Schools have been dealing with unavailable buildings for decades. But in the present "crisis," administrators have been told the problem is far-reaching enough that the state will develop a solution of some sort.

I, too, take that with a grain of salt.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Necessity-Unmentionable-World-Matters/dp/1250058309

There's literally an entire chapter on how Washlets work. And her writing is hilarious. Go to it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We had our site COVID-19 update meeting today - everyone in one big room. The site leader read the corporate slides, including #2 avoid non-essential large meetings, indicating we would meet regularly for updates.

... one employee who traveled to Hong Kong now subject to a 14 day quarantine period (the legal disclosure) - thank you, now back to work.
1. FAIL!
2. Dibs on your guns. If you worked with them after they got back, you probably have it. Really, good luck to you. Keep us posted.

Apparently 3 coworkers had some level of contact with a confirmed case. 2 experiencing symptoms. And they have been at work all last week but now being self quarantined.
See 2, above.

Well they do make Legal Pads......
[rofl]

I'm not speculating. I'm just saying there's already existing law and policy about this. Can't go further than the scheduled 185 days per the state, and can't go into July per a lot of contracts. That leaves latitude for superintendents to do weekends, eliminate vacations... all those things have been tried in the past, for snow, in some communities.

This is no different from any other unexpected long-term closure; look at it this way. If a school shooting happened, say, the building would be shut down for months. ...
I think maybe the legislature would go into an emergency session and change the number of days, and renegotiate the contracts. Cuz "emergency".

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think maybe the legislature would go into an emergency session and change the number of days, and renegotiate the contracts. Cuz "emergency".
Which would be a great solution, if the Legislature were the people these contracts were with.

The Legislature has nothing to do with contracts between school committees and unions, as a court would be very quick to point out. And there's no reason for a change to the number of school days. As I've pointed out twice now, there's already a solution for this.

shig

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So they canceled the St. Patrick's Day parade and I'm Irish. I watched a bit of the CPAC convention and worst of all, I may have recently only washed my hands for 19 seconds. Do I have Covid-19'?

shig

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So they canceled the St. Patrick's Day parade and I'm Irish. I watched a bit of the CPAC convention and worst of all, I may have recently only washed my hands for 19 seconds. Do I have Covid-19'?

Quote Reply

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which would be a great solution, if the Legislature were the people these contracts were with.

The Legislature has nothing to do with contracts between school committees and unions, as a court would be very quick to point out. And there's no reason for a change to the number of school days. As I've pointed out twice now, there's already a solution for this.
Then they can just shorten the school year and pay them just the same. Maybe they can ramp up some sort of online "school" or "study". Hey, ASU and SNHU do it, right?

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Entering TMI land.
Totally separate bar used for anal cleansing and it gets well rinsed after.
Shower gel used everywhere else.

Corned beef (red, tip) is resting in the fridge. Our house guests will provide the Irish soda bread.
I’ll rinse the salt out over a day or two and chow down.
My wife is Irish by injection only.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Then they can just shorten the school year and pay them just the same. Maybe they can ramp up some sort of online "school" or "study". Hey, ASU and SNHU do it, right?
It's a good idea, but schools have been piloting that for a few years now and they concluded it don't work. So the commissioner has ruled that online ain't good enough, for now, with the usual caveats (fluid situation, abundance of caution, yada yada).

I'm all in favor though, generally. In the short term.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My wife is Irish by injection only.
Only a wee bit of Irish in her, and that only on weekends!

Today I placed an online order for pickup at BJs Leominster. Rep ringing me out said she saw a $2700 online order today, a guy buying food, toiletries, diapers, and all other necessities for him, girlfriend, and baby. Nothing to expire under six months from now.

Which one of you was it?

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Only a wee bit of Irish in her, and that only on weekends!

Today I placed an online order for pickup at BJs Leominster. Rep ringing me out said she saw a $2700 online order today, a guy buying food, toiletries, diapers, and all other necessities for him, girlfriend, and baby. Nothing to expire under six months from now.

Which one of you was it?
I don’t even know where the store in Leominster is. Never knew there was one there.
I’ll also have you know I’m above average. So it wasn't from this house!!!!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rice is getting in short supply in the Philippines. We're having our family there go pick up what they can from a place that still has it. 500 kg worth. They say that will only last them 3 months. Yikes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a message this morning that a co worker tested positive and they are going to be asking the "few" that may have contacted this person to self quarantine. There is over 1000 people here, and many visitors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to BJs tonight. Wife wants to stock up on toilet paper. She doesn't seem concerned about our woefully inadequate non-perishable food supply, but TP she thinks we need. I'm not expecting there to be any when I get there.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Was at Stop & Shop in Malden yesterday, TP and other paper supplies were stocked on the shelves as normal. Only thing they were out of was sanitizer and alcohol.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Are people planning on shitting themselves to death? Why the run on TP? I don't get it. Charmin and Bounty are staple items from BJ's or Costco for us. There has never been a need to panic buy it.

Now schools are closing and Mahty has cancelled the St Patrick's Day parade. Will the people all stay home now or will the bars be flooded like every other year?

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are people planning on shitting themselves to death? Why the run on TP? I don't get it. Charmin and Bounty are staple items from BJ's or Costco for us. There is never a need to panic buy it.
Cuz most people don't think much beyond today for their shopping needs, and probably have not much more than a roll or three in the house. Faced with the prospect of going for weeks not able to buy any...

Top Bottom