Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Gorony

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Wegmans this morning and there is no more line waiting to get in. A positive. Not so positive is the place was PACKED. Nothing was out of stock though that we were looking for. Plenty of meat, eggs, milk, paper goods, flour and tons of produce. Think the shortages are done.
no line as in you don’t have to line up any more, or just didn’t happen to be one at that time? I’ve gotten there around 8 a number of times and it’s hit or miss getting grouped up (seems like they do 15 or so at a time?) or walking right in.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
SuNoNoNo is supposed to address his subjects today at 3p, WMUR is supposed to cover it live either on the news site or face plant site
Just like he's been doing every weekday for a long time now, where have you been? You mean you're not actually listening to what is happening?

SuNuNuNu really went full retard/full no no nanny today along with his own Fauxi.......

"We're allowing this opportunity to "flex" certain things open"

Sitting on a beach = bad

Its time for lawsuits against the governor.

Its the f***ing flu folks

Yup, State beaches OPEN but no beach sports or sitting/lounging, so progress but not there yet.

But he also said that city/towns should make their own decisions on their beaches/parks, so now @jpk can complain about each city/town individually.

He's also putting out guidelines for opening many other businesses, not nearly as bad as the MA wierdness where some place aren't expected to open until there is a cure/vaccine.

I still think the shutdown was overdone, but we've had a lot of success with the most vulnerable. Look at the infection rate at elder care facilities in NH v. MA. I know of at least one with a 0 infection rate (staff and patients), I don't think there are any in MA that can claim that.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone else wondering why supermarkets, liquor stores and small hardware stores which are all doing a brisk holiday like volume of business are still operating under reduced hours?

Up here in NH., Hannafords are operating at near normal hours......Guetto Basket has these retarded abrevieted hours

Liquor stores close at 6p

Most local hardware type stores are closing at 5

I'm at a point where I dont even bother trying my local stores anymore because their hours suck so badly......I just make the extra drive to the big box stores

I'd prefer to support my local guy but..........

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think the shutdown was overdone, but we've had a lot of success with the most vulnerable. Look at the infection rate at elder care facilities in NH v. MA. I know of at least one with a 0 infection rate (staff and patients), I don't think there are any in MA that can claim that.
The entire ass-backwards reaction was an abject FAILURE. The usual remedy is: quarantine the sick, protect the vulnerable, get everyone who can outside. That's FAR from what happened.

And looking at the numbers, it's far from obvious that restrictions worked AT ALL. There are plenty of places in the world, and the US, that did NOTHING, or next to nothing, and didn't saw deaths like the places that went full-retard. Hell, look at Indonesia right now: They were fine as they were, equatorial, sunshine, low deaths/M. Then some fool got it into his head to impose restrictions, and NOW their numbers are going skyward.

It's patently obvious to all but the completely numerically illiterate that sunshine - or more to the point, vitamin D - plays a significant role in preventing adverse consequences (if not infection). Anyone who states otherwise is a fool; anyone doing so while claiming medical or public health credentials is a quack.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of our local liquor stores is requiring you to call in and do curb side pickup. I was pissed. I had no idea. I drove up thinking I could get what I needed. It is so inconsistent out there. Ridiculous. Cabelas. Same thing. I needed an ultralight rod. I get there and there is a sign that says you have to call for an appointment. Woman sees a guy there and opens door. She asks his name, verifies his appointment and then proceeds to ask him why he is there. He tells here needs some fishing gear. Her highness granted him entry. I asked if I could come in and she said she could fit me in about an hour later. There were 20 cars there, half were probably employees. I'm done with Cabelas. Ran to Walmart. 1000 people, lot is full, just go right in. Grabbed the rod, did self checkout. Took five minutes. Uggh.

I started to think why Cabelas is even bothering with this. It has to be costing a fortune to keep such a large store open for just 20 customers a day.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just like he's been doing every weekday for a long time now, where have you been? You mean you're not actually listening to what is happening?

Yup, State beaches OPEN but no beach sports or sitting/lounging, so progress but not there yet.

But he also said that city/towns should make their own decisions on their beaches/parks, so now @jpk can complain about each city/town individually.

He's also putting out guidelines for opening many other businesses, not nearly as bad as the MA wierdness where some place aren't expected to open until there is a cure/vaccine.

SuNoNoNo doesnt do a daily briefing.....its usually 2, sometimes 3x/week...and he cant even manage to start it on time ROFLMAO

I posted todays because he was supposed to bloviate/make excuses for why he's keeping beaches closed and figured it might be better than the usual excuses in light of Mass having opened their beaches and he's the "NH is a suburb of Boston" guy......

Beaches are NOT open according to "his excellency" although I'm pretty sure we'll see some civ-d this weekend.....sitting on the beach isnt my thing.....I have no dog in that fight other than his and chan's actions/statements are consistently incoherent and not based in facts

Speaking of facts.....CDC announced today that the Rona has a fatality rate on par with seasonal flu

fatality rate the coronavirus:

• 0-49 years old: .05%
  • 50-64 years old: .2%
  • 65+ years old: 1.3%
  • Overall ages: .4%

I'm pretty sure that we're going to see a backlash against governors and medical experts like nothing anyone alive in the US has ever seen

Very suddenly public sentiment is going to turn like a rabid dog

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Keene Home Depot was swamped today and the whole city was packed with even more people moving about than a normal holiday.

I saw people put fishing, swimming and on jet skis by the airport pond.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone else wondering why supermarkets, liquor stores and small hardware stores which are all doing a brisk holiday like volume of business are still operating under reduced hours?

Up here in NH., Hannafords are operating at near normal hours......Guetto Basket has these retarded abrevieted hours

Liquor stores close at 6p

Most local hardware type stores are closing at 5

I'm at a point where I dont even bother trying my local stores anymore because their hours suck so badly......I just make the extra drive to the big box stores

I'd prefer to support my local guy but..........
You should ask them, it's their decision.
And it sucks, I had to leave work early to to get a Holosun and some ammo at Shooters before they closed at 5.

SuNoNoNo doesnt do a daily briefing.....its usually 2, sometimes 3x/week...and he cant even manage to start it on time ROFLMAO
Weird because I've been listening to them almost every day, and they are billed as his "DAILY VIDEO PRESS BRIEFING:" DAILY VIDEO PRESS BRIEFING: Sununu says he will make announcement Friday on stay-at-home order
They must have some really good imposters.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You should ask them, it's their decision.
And it sucks, I had to leave work early to to get a Holosun and some ammo at Shooters before they closed at 5.

Weird because I've been listening to them almost every day, and they are billed as his "DAILY VIDEO PRESS BRIEFING:" DAILY VIDEO PRESS BRIEFING: Sununu says he will make announcement Friday on stay-at-home order
If it were a daily briefing then why would they announce that he was going to have a briefing on Fri (in that case back in april)

The point is that there ISNT a daily briefing that is accessible to the public

SuNoNoNo's reign has been so dismal that even CONSERVATIVES I know are looking back at the "Good Old Days" of Governor Lynch......

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sununu should have been the vanguard on this in the northeast, even if not to the same degree as Noem in SD, than at least skeptical after, say, the first of May. The fact that he wasn't - and STILL isn't - won't play well when sentiment turns in... 3... 2... 1...

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sununu should have been the vanguard on this in the northeast, even if not to the same degree as Noem in SD, than at least skeptical after, say, the first of May. The fact that he wasn't - and STILL isn't - won't play well when sentiment turns in... 3... 2... 1...
This is the tragic thing

Sununu had an opportunity to LEAD and he CHOSE to FOLLOW

Very soon I predict the dems are going to turn very suddenly and start attacking him......they always do.....and he's given them a ton of ammunition/tragic statements to work with

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If it were a daily briefing then why would they announce that he was going to have a briefing on Fri (in that case back in april)

The point is that there ISNT a daily briefing that is accessible to the public

SuNoNoNo's reign has been so dismal that even CONSERVATIVES I know are looking back at the "Good Old Days" of Governor Lynch......
Every weekday, I don't listen on weekends, at 3pm on NHPR

But you're not wrong, there is a daily email that is not released to the public...... I find it interesting, mostly the information can be found in the public venue, but the report isn't distributed.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Every weekday, I don't listen on weekends, at 3pm on NHPR

But you're not wrong, there is a daily email that is not released to the public...... I find it interesting, mostly the information can be found in the public venue, but the report isn't distributed.
By SuNoNoNo's own government site there is no daily briefing

If there was there would be a daily transcript and there's not

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By SuNoNoNo's own government site there is no daily briefing

If there was there would be a daily transcript and there's not
I have to say, Ned Lamont at least gives us daily numbers. The timing is a little weird day by day, but at least it's there for me to make my charts.

Quite_Exasperated

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a 805 megawatt natural gas plant right up the street. It only takes a handful of crew to run the place.

Edit: and I haven't seen steam plumes up that way in awhile - I'm wondering if they don't have it shut down for lack of demand.
don’t have it shut down
Went to the local Walmart and home Depot today. Things appeared normal except for the whole mask thing.

Maybe it's just because I haven't been out in public in a while, but these masks are turning 4's into 7's. And they all seem to have hungry eyes. It might not be so bad after all. :D
Ya gotta check the teeth, kinda like buying a horse....

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
no line as in you don’t have to line up any more, or just didn’t happen to be one at that time? I’ve gotten there around 8 a number of times and it’s hit or miss getting grouped up (seems like they do 15 or so at a time?) or walking right in.
Just walk right in. No more lines outside according to the staff at the door. Cop is still there making sure you have a mask.

Gorony

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Market Basket Hudson - 7a no line, walked right in. Well stocked in dairy, seemed like a decent meat selection. Meat counter has re-opened. Staff said they’re going to turn the back wall cooler between meat and seafood where all the ground meat used to be back on this coming week. No more every-other-register setup. Still has the outside line area set up with employees counting people in and out but doubling the register capacity should help keep the lines down anyway.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Market Basket Hudson - 7a no line, walked right in. Well stocked in dairy, seemed like a decent meat selection. Meat counter has re-opened. Staff said they’re going to turn the back wall cooler between meat and seafood where all the ground meat used to be back on this coming week. No more every-other-register setup. Still has the outside line area set up with employees counting people in and out but doubling the register capacity should help keep the lines down anyway.
One of these Days......Demoullas is gonna get with the program and begin adding some self check out registers.....and the way they do credit card machines/options/etc is just dumb

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Employees who don't have child care are part of the problem. One local store can only be open on the weekends for that reason.
Others who care for elderly or at risk people are also currently not working.

In other news: Body Art, Cosmetology, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture and Health and Fitness can reopen with restrictions June 1st. So I can reopen my office. The place I subcontract at will probably take some time to reopen. I had an idea of what the new rulz were going to be so I got everything ready in advance.
Beaches are more open, rather the ocean is open. You can be in the water doing things but no sitting on the beach. Makes perfect sense...…. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: jpk

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
no line at 8AM at Hudson, MA market basket. Masks on all, gloves on few. retards ignoring one-way aisles a lot

TP and paper towel in stock. Good stock on produce, chicken and ground beef. bought ribeyes for dinner.

in checkout, there is a black square of sheeple compliance you're supposed to stand in until der register Frau signals you forward to supply payment and depart the scene

Reactions: JJ4

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Telling people they can't sit on a beach is asinine.
SuNoNoNo and Chan's response/royal decrees since day one have been retarded

Chan telling people NOT to wear masks

The two of them pushing the state into a panic in early march with their stupid comments without considering for a second the impact resulted in what you've heard me refer to the "Great Supermarket Stampede" which was the impetus for the community spread/outbreaks in the state that was the seed for what we have today.......none of this HAD to happen.....all they NEEDED to consider was reducing occupancy limits and URGE people to use masks to prevent transmisson

Fast forward 6 or so weeks and the public largely ignored Chan's BS on the subject of masks and started using them voluntarily.......and in order to try to maintain the illusion of relevence he was forced to start talking about mask use while poo pooing use of N95's cuz they failed to maintain any stockpile.....

The most tragic part of all of this is that SuNoNoNo had an opportunity to be a LEADER and all he did was follow the actions of progressives......

I could go on with other similar failures of these two throughout their mishandling of this.......but whats the point

EJFudd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
One of these Days......Demoullas is gonna get with the program and begin adding some self check out registers.....and the way they do credit card machines/options/etc is just dumb
I think Market Basket is a little too crowded and high volume and low markup for self-checkout registers. For one thing, the theft level on them goes up exponentially with volume. [thinking] Based on what I see happening at Stop & Shop, it would probably hurt throughput at MB more than help. [hmmm]

ront02769

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read mask and social distance and ocean stuff, cdc actually has a bulletin dealing with aquatic venues that says (honest!) that people should be advised not to wear their mask in the water as it can get wet and impair their breathing And further on, it specifies that lifeguards in the process of rescuing a swimmer or providing first aid to same are exempt from social distancing guidelines. And these geniuses are making how much $$?!

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Race up in Northumberland went off without a hitch apparently....other than the local cop feeling a need to flex his muscles and cite the owner of the track.....who summarily ignored the citation......

Local POPO is quoted as saying:

"There will be consequences for the blatant defiance of the Governor’s emergency orders,"
No doubt.....the guy has a textbook case for challenging the governors bullshit orders.....he was even following the universal guidelines outlined by reopen committee.......

Governor probably knows he'll lose in court too because neither the state police or NH HHS were there aparently

In other news there was a protest this evening in Nausia...errr Nashua city hall over the local politiburo passing a mask ordinance with a first time penalty of $1000

Top Bottom