Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Besides his votes LAST YEAR vetoeing a handful of bad 2A bills please tell us all what MEANINGFUL, GOOD and CONSTITUTIONAL actions did SuNoNoNo take as Governor that actually distinguishes him from Lynch or Hassan?

Its a short list

In his second year of this term as governor he chucked it out the window......

I'm not a mind reader......I just took the time to talk to a couple of his staffers wrt 696....and then paid attention to his own announcements along with Bradley about their utterly TRAGIC bill they co-crafted for 2020.....SB577....there are two separate threads/discussions about this utterly TRAGIC travesty of 4A. 5A and arguably 2A violations.......

In short.....I dont care if you're a republican or democrat if you're running roughshod over my rights and the constitution.....I'm not going to vote for a 6" crap sandwich OR a foot long crap sandwiich
I totally get where you’re coming from.

But can I remind you that you now have two Democrat senators for life because Ayote and Brown and weren’t pure enough.

I’m just saying, if you’re unhappy with him, I don’t blame you. The alternative means you’ll have MA Gun laws with the next governor.

ETA: you lost the state house, so thank God he was there for the veto. Those would be laws now if he wasn’t. And once they’re enacted, that’s it. You’ll never get them repealed.

In my opinion, NH is already lost. It’s been trending that way for well over a decade.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I totally get where you’re coming from.

But can I remind you that you now have two Democrat senators for life because Ayote and Brown and weren’t pure enough.

I’m just saying, if you’re unhappy with him, I don’t blame you. The alternative means you’ll have MA Gun laws with the next governor.

ETA: you lost the state house, so thank God he was there for the veto. Those would be laws now if he wasn’t. And once they’re enacted, that’s it. You’ll never get them repealed.

In my opinion, NH is already lost. It’s been trending that way for well over a decade.
Agreed on parts but disagree on other parts of that

Was only a few years back that we had veto proof super majorities in both house/senate with lynch in the corner office.....that was retaliation against speaker norelli's shenanigans in the house and attempts to create structural debt to force the creation of an income tax

NH rejected the dems handily at the state level

Its my own belief that at the federal level NH in the last 2-3 elections has elected dems because the republican candidates try to out progressive the progressive candidates.......that combined with NHGOP leadership circling the drain didnt help.......NHGOP is under new leadership and appears to be improving some.

In 2018 the NH GOP failed to make ENOUGH of an effort.....as such they left 25 house races without a GOP candidate to run......we GAVE the dems 25 seats........a great many bad bills have been decided/passed by a lot fewer than 25 votes this session........I dont expect that will happen in 2020.....most every seat SHOULD have a candidate running and I wouldnt be surprised to see some crusty prominent dems punted from the house.

Sen Feltes and Sen Hennesy are both not running for re-election in the Senate......thats two open seats up for grabs....both districts lean dem but have seen republicans win in past....Hennesy is one of the rudest/nastiest anti's in the NH legislature....good riddence

Federally...

CD1 is more "Conservative" than CD2......and Kuster has a ton of cash squirreled away despite the fact that she seems to have trouble paying her damn property taxes in a timely manner.....

The "Problem" we have with NH Sens AND Reps is that the Dems actually hold their candidates feet to the fire and they're expected to tow the party platform

They have "Values" that they stick to even if those values are delusional/fantastical/communist

The NH GOP and GOP votes broadly dont hold their candidates feet to the fire......SuNoNoNo is a perfect example of this

As was Ayotte, Brown, Gregg and SuNuNuNu's older brother the one term NH Sen.......they all went to washington, behaved like progressives via horrific leftist/big government votes on legislation and when they tried to get re-elected, ENOUGH voters rejected them that they were defeated.......look at the republican votes for Ayotte compared to republican votes for Trump in 2016.......it shows a lack of enthusiasm for Ayotte

Same thing happened with the rest of them with the exclusion of Sen Gregg......he realized that his ship was sunk after his horrific voting history circa 2008 combined with his train wreck acceptance of a position in the Obama admin....his choice NOT to vote on key legislation due to his acceptance then his subsequent refusal of Obama's offer......he totally f***ed NH voters and knew he was done so he didnt bother to run for re-election

There's a big difference here in NH between state leg and the people that get elected to DC.....doesnt make sense to most people that dont live here

Lots of people also require a periodic wake up......it took a Jimmy Carter to get a Ronald Reagan.......it took an OBlunder to give us a Trump

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Question for the Maine folks. I have a guy who works for me in Colorado. Next week he's going to be driving a UHaul to Maine as his mother is moving there permanently in the Sebago area. He's worried about being hassled with an out of state UHaul coming into the state with the quarantine for 14 day request for non Maine folks come into the state. He's only going to be there for 3 days and then flying home out of Portsmouth.

I don't think he'll have any issues, but I'm not in the state. Anyone think he'll have a problem?
Flying home out of Portsmouth? Charter?

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's official: people are sick of the Wuhan Virus. (See what I did there?)

The family had one of the Connecticut Dickwitness News shows on this afternoon. TWELVE MINUTES before it was discussed (though it was mentioned once or twice in passing). The leader: a rehash of the Jennifer Dulos case, which took up almost ten of those twelve minutes.

ront02769

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Seekonk area. Two days back stop and shop looked like the old days.....but zero chicken. Plenty of fresh beg, deli counter starting to open again, everything in dairy and frozen, choices of toilet paper and paper towels, lots of flour (inc. King Arthur), most thing I was looking for were like you want this brand or that brand or a third brand. Bjs after that, few people, looked pretty much loaded also. HD still suffering, low stock all around, shit stacked on carts everywhere, Lowe’s looked normal....but as to the important stuff, Westport rivers winery no crowds for pick Up and somerest creamery Worlds best ice cream, pints, quarts and half gallons only....but will slip a cone And/or spoon or three into your bag, no crowd. Actually, best setup of all, one person takes order, cashier takes money, Third person makes order appear on counter other side of cashier....who then wipes counter and it’s on to the next customer. Pain in the nuts....but how it is being forced on us for a while.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shaw’s on West Boylston st in Worcester has always been fully stocked except for hand soap and TP. No meat shortage yet. Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc and just the other day I got bulk packs of sirloin for $4 a lb. TP is now almost fully stocked up. Some frozen fruits are very low stock. They did a great job thus far.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A 30% increase in traffic through the Nashua, NH COVID test site today over last week, and more symptomatics - post-Mother‘s Day blip?

One young *sshole and girlfriend walked past the police tape and cones and the dude starts coughing and saying”I got the COVID real bad” and reaches out at me. In a gown, mask, bonnet, and face-shield, I back-peddled, did the palm out gesture and shouted “Stop right there”. He just smirked and coughed again, walking toward me, saying “I got it bad”. Our cops on duty intervened and just chewed him over for 15min. He had a mask on his chin but said he’d never heard of COVID and sh*t like that. The cops sent him off, explaining that since he didn’t touch me it wasn’t worth hauling him in to see him walk in the same hour. I was back to work anyway.

I’m an old fart but can still plant a good center kick to the solar plexus, which was about the next few seconds away had the cops not hustled over. Missed my chance to go all Bruce Lee 😅

Brucewillis4316

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 30% increase in traffic through the Nashua, NH COVID test site today over last week, and more symptomatics - post-Mother‘s Day blip?

One young *sshole and girlfriend walked past the police tape and cones and the dude starts coughing and saying”I got the COVID real bad” and reaches out at me. In a gown, mask, bonnet, and face-shield, I back-peddled, did the palm out gesture and shouted “Stop right there”. He just smirked and coughed again, walking toward me, saying “I got it bad”. Our cops on duty intervened and just chewed him over for 15min. He had a mask on his chin but said he’d never heard of COVID and sh*t like that. The cops sent him off, explaining that since he didn’t touch me it wasn’t worth hauling him in to see him walk in the same hour. I was back to work anyway.

I’m an old fart but can still plant a good center kick to the solar plexus, which was about the next few seconds away had the cops not hustled over. Missed my chance to go all Bruce Lee 😅
May God protect andvlovevyou

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Atlanta is not burning. Bodies are not piled up in the streets. Hospitals in Georgia are not being overwhelmed; in fact, they are virtually empty. There is no mad rush for ventilators (remember those?). Instead, men, women, and children in the Peach State are returning to some semblance of normal life: working outside their homes, going to restaurants and bars, getting haircuts, exercising, and most important, spending time with their friends and families and worshipping God. The opening that began more than three weeks ago is continuing apace.
The first is that those who insisted that Georgia would be transformed into a post-apocalyptic wasteland within days or even weeks of reopening were wrong, and predictably so.

The second is that this is something about which we should be happy.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just got my Quest Diagnostics test results - Negative. I used the FDA's Predictive Value Calculator for the Orto Vitros kit QD uses and Negative Predictive Value is 99.6% at 5% Prevalence (which NH is nowhere near) and 99.9% at 1% Prevalence. So it closer to 1000-to-1 I didn't have COVID. I had mild symptoms in early-January of chills, no fever, sinus/chest conjestion, fatigue, runny nose, productive cough - must have been the run-of-the-mill viral infection.

SInce starting work at our Nashua COVID Test Site these last two weeks, I'm getting a COVID swab test once weekly to make sure I don't go asymptomatic COVID positive and infect the crew. We all have PPE on but only the nurses wear N95s as they often have to poke the swabs in while leaning into vehicle windows. I'm within spitting distance of patients at 2-3ft talking with them through their open car windows, wearing a surgical mask and face shield outside, so odds are low of airborne transfer. As long as it stays breezy...

But maybe it's a good time to join the herd, while it's passaging through humans in a less-lethal form, than who-know-what this Fall.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the local Walmart and home Depot today. Things appeared normal except for the whole mask thing.

Maybe it's just because I haven't been out in public in a while, but these masks are turning 4's into 7's. And they all seem to have hungry eyes. It might not be so bad after all. :D

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
SuNoNoNo is supposed to address his subjects today at 3p, WMUR is supposed to cover it live either on the news site or face plant site

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
things looked semi normal today when out getting groceries. Then I realized it was Friday of a long holiday weekend and realized there should have been 10 times the number of people in stores today. I usually avoid the grocery stores the Friday before a holiday. But maybe everyone else shopped yesterday. Or maybe people aren't having those big cookouts like past years.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Went to Wegmans this morning and there is no more line waiting to get in. A positive. Not so positive is the place was PACKED. Nothing was out of stock though that we were looking for. Plenty of meat, eggs, milk, paper goods, flour and tons of produce. Think the shortages are done.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran out to Market Basket for a couple of things I forgot Wednesday. The place was still stocked with lots of TP, meat, more soup choices etc.
I did notice with the warm weather a lot more people were not wearing masks. It's not mandatory there, only suggested.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ran out to Market Basket for a couple of things I forgot Wednesday. The place was still stocked with lots of TP, meat, more soup choices etc.
I did notice with the warm weather a lot more people were not wearing masks. It's not mandatory there, only suggested.

Soup choices is one thing that I haven't seen come back yet. My Mom really like the "lasagna" Progresso. Haven't seen it anywhere lately. However it was tough to find at times BEFORE all this wuflu BS.
On a side note....good luck finding any fabric, pipe cleaners or rubber bands at wallyworld these days....hand & other 'free weights' for that matter....those shelves are barren.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Went to Ocean State Job Lot for a few 1lb bags of pool shock. No line to get in.... I browse the garden section for 2 minutes.... Said to myself there wasn't a lot if people in the store.

Walk to get in line and find out half the store is in line wrapping around the perimeter of the building for checkout. Waited in line about 12 minutes.

I usually shop stores at the buttcrack of dawn [6AM] but OSJ doesn't open til 9AM... So basically every Tom, Dick, Harry & Karen can wake up by then....

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full page ad in WSJ railing against Fauxi/Birx follies

If they're taking out ads and not filing motions for injunctive relief, they're doing it wrong.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If they're taking out ads and not filing motions for injunctive relief, they're doing it wrong.
file for injunctive relief with...the government.....from....the government....who appoints the government judges, in the government courts.....in MA.....sure, THAT will work

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
file for injunctive relief with...the government.....from....the government....who appoints the government judges, in the government courts.....in MA.....sure, THAT will work
It actually has. In many cases/places the judiciary is PISSED at the overreach the executive has taken.

See: Oregon and Wisconsin.

Top Bottom