Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You know you've been inside too long when you get excited about a teeth cleaning [wink]
I don't exactly like it as I have a very tight jaw and cleanings can cause me headaches without a bite block (small child one). But I do like the clean teeth and staying up on it to prevent other diseases.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
IN TX: Bars open Friday, restaurants can be at 50% capacity (And NO ONE has PRIME RIB on their CURRENT menu because of the limitation on seating!)

Other businesses that can reopen Friday include: bowling alleys, bingo halls, skating rinks, rodeo/ equestrian events, aquariums, natural caverns. Zoos will be able to reopen on May 29.

Youth sports camps can reopen on May 31 along with all summer camps and daytime and overnight camps. Summer school is allowed beginning June 1.

Abbott said childcare services were allowed to be open immediately for all Texans, not just essential workers.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mass beaches on the cape are all open for the holiday.......but SuNoNoNo has ruled by royal decree that NH beaches shall remain closed......

"Thou shalt not toucheth sand in NH"

Good thing these decisions are based in logic/fact eh?

:rolleyes:

45BPCR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watched the sun come up this morning.
Watched the tides change.
I did see some folks sitting on the seawall and some others were surfing.
In spite of .Gov mandates.
The surfers weren't wearing masks.
I guess covidiocy doesn't extend into the the Atlantic ocean.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Question for the Maine folks. I have a guy who works for me in Colorado. Next week he's going to be driving a UHaul to Maine as his mother is moving there permanently in the Sebago area. He's worried about being hassled with an out of state UHaul coming into the state with the quarantine for 14 day request for non Maine folks come into the state. He's only going to be there for 3 days and then flying home out of Portsmouth.

I don't think he'll have any issues, but I'm not in the state. Anyone think he'll have a problem?

lancecolonel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Question for the Maine folks. I have a guy who works for me in Colorado. Next week he's going to be driving a UHaul to Maine as his mother is moving there permanently in the Sebago area. He's worried about being hassled with an out of state UHaul coming into the state with the quarantine for 14 day request for non Maine folks come into the state. He's only going to be there for 3 days and then flying home out of Portsmouth.

I don't think he'll have any issues, but I'm not in the state. Anyone think he'll have a problem?
it seems like it would depend on who he encounters.....there are plenty of covid karens but plenty of chads too. if he only comes across the chads he will be fine. sebago is in cumberland county, which is still "closed" so he probably won't find anywhere he can walk in and enjoy a beverage/meal but stores are open and takeout is ok. i do not think the po-po will bother him at all.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Anyone heard anything about bottle and can recycling?

I've got like six full bags on my porch.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yes, that is a scam that municipalities stopped doing years ago but we are all still going through the motions. It makes people feel good, and that is all that really matters.
Okay.

It also nets me a nickel each, and yes, that makes me feel good. YMMV.

NorthShore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I have gone to Norway Maine 5 or 6 times since March and no one has said anything to me. I mind my own business but also don’t really go out. Last weekend I went to one store and no one had masks on which made me stand out. Your friend will be fine

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This isnt a 1 or 0...nor is this in any way a "shades of gray" issue

This is an incumbant candidate that has a terrible record on 4/5A and other issues prior to the rona shenanigans......

In 2020 he's jettisoned the NH/Federal constitutions and disregarded the limitations on his powers that the constitution places on him.

He has personally through his unconstitutional executive orders put 20% of the work force OUT of work

Similarly his actions have caused a pile of businesses to go out of business...and its just the beginning

The state is bankrupt as a result of his orders and thats quickly going to come to light as a real issue

He's chucked the entire constitution and party platform out the window and appears to be operating solely on whats popular in the polls.....

Guess what else is "Popular" according to the polls? UBC's and all sorts of gun control......

I vote for INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES based on their ACTIONS......so far Sununu hasnt provided me with a reason to vote FOR him and his record doesnt meaningfully distinguish him from his dem opponents (feltes/volinsky).

The dems do a great job of keeping their politicians voting/acting in line/consistent with their party platform.....no matter how delusional/confused that platform/issues may be......they actually stand FOR something

GOP on the other hand is largely a hot mess.....dont get me wrong....there are lots of solid republicans......Sununu unfortunately hasnt demonstrated that he's one of them

He's not fiscally responsible......look at him hand out "free money" like a drunken democrat

You listen to him get upset when McConnell suggested that states that were fiscally irresponsible should go the route of bankrupcy and that the fed gov would NOT bail them out?

Hell....everything with Sununu appears to be a subject to political/populatity calculation....you recall last year him coming out and stating that he would unequivocably veto bad gun control bills? Nope.....me neither......he let them sit and stew.....and on HB696 he had to be hounded to veto it when he WANTED to sign it into law....and go against his entire caucus that voted AGAINST it.

Then he and Bradley turned around and crafted their own clone of the bill for 2020 complete with 4A/5A violations.....

Whether or not republicans vote for Sununu in the primary/general is up to Sununu......if he continues to act like a progressive I wouldnt be surprised if he loses the election for the same reasons Scott Brown, Kelly Ayotte and other squishy progressive republicans lose/lost

I personally am focused on getting solid republicans that support the constitution/party platform to run and get elected to the NH House/Senate
Well this says a lot, but I'll just focus on your own contradictions.
He's chucked the entire constitution and party platform out the window and appears to be operating solely on whats popular in the polls.....
Guess what else is "Popular" according to the polls? UBC's and all sorts of gun control......
And yet he vetoed all those anti 2a laws......
I vote for INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES based on their ACTIONS......so far Sununu hasnt provided me with a reason to vote FOR him and his record doesnt meaningfully distinguish him from his dem opponents (feltes/volinsky).
So the veto of those anti 2a laws were meaningless, AND you apparently believe a Dem Governor wouldn't have signed them...... interesting, I'm going to have to disagree on this one, I think a Dem would have signed with a big smile on his face.
and on HB696 he had to be hounded to veto it when he WANTED to sign it into law
And now you read minds and know he wanted to sign it when his actions were exactly opposite that. I assume you win Powerball every time as well.

Your focus is the covid shutdown and that's it, you've forgotten the recent past. That's a narrow focus if I've ever seen it. And while I don't like some of what he has done, I also look at the situation that could happen. Even then I'm not in 100% with him. But it's pretty clear that he's done some good and he deserves credit for that. And this covid situation will pass and we'll be back to the anti 2a legislation, and I want someone there that will veto it, someone who has done it before.

But please go ahead and keep believing we'd be better off with a Dem.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well this says a lot, but I'll just focus on your own contradictions.

And yet he vetoed all those anti 2a laws......

So the veto of those anti 2a laws were meaningless, AND you apparently believe a Dem Governor wouldn't have signed them...... interesting, I'm going to have to disagree on this one, I think a Dem would have signed with a big smile on his face.

And now you read minds and know he wanted to sign it when his actions were exactly opposite that. I assume you win Powerball every time as well.

Your focus is the covid shutdown and that's it, you've forgotten the recent past. That's a narrow focus if I've ever seen it. And while I don't like some of what he has done, I also look at the situation that could happen. Even then I'm not in 100% with him. But it's pretty clear that he's done some good and he deserves credit for that. And this covid situation will pass and we'll be back to the anti 2a legislation, and I want someone there that will veto it, someone who has done it before.

But please go ahead and keep believing we'd be better off with a Dem.
Besides his votes LAST YEAR vetoeing a handful of bad 2A bills please tell us all what MEANINGFUL, GOOD and CONSTITUTIONAL actions did SuNoNoNo take as Governor that actually distinguishes him from Lynch or Hassan?

Its a short list

In his second year of this term as governor he chucked it out the window......

I'm not a mind reader......I just took the time to talk to a couple of his staffers wrt 696....and then paid attention to his own announcements along with Bradley about their utterly TRAGIC bill they co-crafted for 2020.....SB577....there are two separate threads/discussions about this utterly TRAGIC travesty of 4A. 5A and arguably 2A violations.......

In short.....I dont care if you're a republican or democrat if you're running roughshod over my rights and the constitution.....I'm not going to vote for a 6" crap sandwich OR a foot long crap sandwiich

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

You wouldnt have that problem (and a bunch of others) if you didnt live in Mass....

Sorry....coudnt resist......we have our own problems with a GOP gov behaving like a democrat right now

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys, please go back and delete the last 3-5 posts. They have nothing to do with the subject here.

[offtopic]

OK, I asked the wife if she wants to go to the beach this weekend. She said they might not be open. Is this true? How about Misquamicut or Narragansett? Hampton? Really?

Reactions: 42!

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Guys, please go back and delete the last 3-5 posts. They have nothing to do with the subject here.

[offtopic]

OK, I asked the wife if she wants to go to the beach this weekend. She said they might not be open. Is this true? How about Misquamicut or Narragansett? Hampton? Really?
Quit whingeing

Cape Cod beaches are open for the holiday weekend

NH Beaches have been closed by royal decree of his excellency gov SuNoNoNo for no apparent reason

white feather

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Quit whingeing

Cape Cod beaches are open for the holiday weekend

NH Beaches have been closed by royal decree of his excellency gov SuNoNoNo for no apparent reason
and the old fart learns another new word! Whingeing. [dance] although it is considered informal/British.[laugh] I guess that goes a long way to explaining... This is America.🇺🇸 We can whinge if we want to. and that vaguely reminds me of a song.

Last edited:

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

If I was going to place a wager..... the skinflint counters/machines won't be turned back on until stage 48 is reached or someone hits the state with a lawsuit over it. (Basically the state is collecting a deposit for a can/bottle that is impossible for the payer to redeem).

-Mike

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah, my dentist is keeping my regular 6 month checkup and cleaning as scheduled for May 29th. I'm lucky I didn't need to reschedule.
Mine is just closed. Like they went under. Trying to find out where, if anywhere, my hygenest went to at least have that continuity.

The owner/dentist bailed out entirely and fled tons camp near Aroostook, and hasn't been seen in 2 months.

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
Mine is just closed. Like they went under. Trying to find out where, if anywhere, my hygenest went to at least have that continuity.

The owner/dentist bailed out entirely and fled tons camp near Aroostook, and hasn't been seen in 2 months.
I have to offer a correction. My dentist's office called yesterday and had to cancel my appt. because Charlie Parker, AKA Tall Deval, said it is still a no-no. I'm glad I don't have a tooth ache.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have to offer a correction. My dentist's office called yesterday and had to cancel my appt. because Charlie Parker, AKA Tall Deval, said it is still a no-no. I'm glad I don't have a tooth ache.
I have talked to several Dental Offices here in Western Mass and both said that they will take emergency cases as necessary. A tooth ache would probably qualify.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same way as the "meat shortages" aka lack of processing man power
We have a 805 megawatt natural gas plant right up the street. It only takes a handful of crew to run the place.

Edit: and I haven't seen steam plumes up that way in awhile - I'm wondering if they don't have it shut down for lack of demand.

Top Bottom