Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is bull shit. you know this, right? We already know that people can be asymptomatic and be infectious. The airport "screening" is "medical theater" at best. How many people did they have the opportunity to contaminate while on the plane and in the airports and "going home?" Also, did they have to stop for groceries after returning from their trip? I know I always have to go get fresh produce and eggs and such after a trip away more than 3 days.
I'm well aware that the Eagle is selling fear/newspapers. I am far more worried about a March ice storm knocking out my power. I fully believe that the caronavirus will not cause a single Xbox to be turned off.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I had a similar issue buying flu meds at Walmart. Asian chick smiled when I said I would pay for the rest with cash...

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was hoping to make another BJs run but my wife is sick so I can't leave her. Hopefully I can make the trip on Saturday.

I'd suggest that if Purel and wipes disappear, time to go to the next level of panic. Masks went a long time ago, but that was because people sending them to China and trying to flip them.

I guess no one sends Purel to China.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was hoping to make another BJs run but my wife is sick so I can't leave her. Hopefully I can make the trip on Saturday.

I'd suggest that if Purel and wipes disappear, time to go to the next level of panic. Masks went a long time ago, but that was because people sending them to China and trying to flip them.

I guess no one sends Purel to China.

DIY Hand Sanitizer

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Staples sells Purell at normal prices and free shipping

. I had bought a bunch on Amazon a month ago. I went to stock up on some more a week ago through Amazon and the price was at least 50% more. When you use it regularly while assuming that everything you touch is infected it gets used up pretty quickly. You will go through a lot of it.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you guys find any masks let me know so I can list them on ebay [rofl]
No lie my hospital’s stock rooms were worked bone dry and all department heads horded leftovers in their offices. I’m sure there are not a few workers here who are posting on Ebay and Amazon.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've training for this all my life. I never clean my coffee cup; I consider the brown stuff stuck to the bottom flavor crystals for the next coffee. Never clean my hands before eating. Never wash my hands after doing number one. Number two, well that depends on the strength of the toilet paper. When camping, nothing is washed, just wiped down. Don't use disinfectants anywhere. I have built up more tolerance than a cockroach. I am ready.
Until it knocks you down and out.[thumbsup]

[laugh2] Personal hygiene is not only beneficial to self, it is a courtesy to others.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Dont want to argue but look at how China responded in the early days of this. Welding apartment building doors shut, blasting chlorine out of trucks driving down the street, told people not to go to work after a week long holiday, cancelled the start of the new semester, cops in protective gear literally dragging people out of their homes kicking and screaming, quarantined something like 65 mil people, walled off neighborhoods and basically shot their economy in the foot all over the seasonal flu? NFW... That is the tell for me. Actions speak louder than words and what China did and is doing now is telling me that they know exactly what that thing is and is capable of doing and it for damn sure is not the flu.

Also, Costco in Everett seemed normal today. Saw a couple of people wearing masks (Asian fwiw) and didnt notice any stocking up behavior by other shoppers. No pre-panic vibe going on that I could tell. Tons of water, tp, etc. However, as I was trying to scan some severe flu meds, it requires an ID so the Costco guy showed up and without me saying anything he knew what the deal was. Got the feeling that enough people were buying flu meds that he had become accustomed to it.
Asians go to Costco? Damn.

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've training for this all my life. I never clean my coffee cup; I consider the brown stuff stuck to the bottom flavor crystals for the next coffee. Never clean my hands before eating. Never wash my hands after doing number one. Number two, well that depends on the strength of the toilet paper. When camping, nothing is washed, just wiped down. Don't use disinfectants anywhere. I have built up more tolerance than a cockroach. I am ready.
Sounds like I guy I work with, lol

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked things out at the Milford NH Market Basket. Rice shelves were low on stock and the large bags of rice were nearly gone. But leaning supplies and canned goods seemed OK otherwise. So I don't think anyone is panicking here yet.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And thousands under quarantine but barely mentioned in the news. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 across the entire country. there are local cases? where?

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Reading through a coronavirus thread on my towns FB page. Apparently CNN and the Glob say masks dont help, just wash your hands and cough in your sleeve because if youre not worried about the flu you shouldnt be worried about this. One woman says "omg one case in CA and everyones losing their minds, just wash your hands".

Hope it is much ado about nothing but like Ive said before Chinas reaction has got me thinking. Best case scenario is this gave me the kick in the pants to get more serious about preps aside from picking up some extra canned food every week.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is an unenforced quarantine really a quarantine?
No worries its all good
"The family went directly home following the airport screening process, she said, and they made no contact with any other residents. "That was part of their instructions," Tyer said"

Last edited:

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This thread was intended for local news about infections, panic buying, civil unrest etc. it’s still early, but it is coming.

Maybe we can use this to help each other out when this gets bad.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
This thread was intended for local news about infections, panic buying, civil unrest etc. it’s still early, but it is coming.

It’s more fun as a comedy. MSM is not in my blood line.

I get better intel here on NES than the boob tube.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To me California is local enough. Never mind the shit going on here, which is just as important. I will not post unless it happens in mAss

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reading through a coronavirus thread on my towns FB page. Apparently CNN and the Glob say masks dont help, just wash your hands and cough in your sleeve because if youre not worried about the flu you shouldnt be worried about this. One woman says "omg one case in CA and everyones losing their minds, just wash your hands".

Hope it is much ado about nothing but like Ive said before Chinas reaction has got me thinking. Best case scenario is this gave me the kick in the pants to get more serious about preps aside from picking up some extra canned food every week.
The CDC's stance on masks is politically driven.

1) They are trying to avoid panicking the public.

2) They are trying to reduce the impact on supplies by a panicked public, both because those supplies are needed by medical personnel and because a bunch of people walking around wearing masks would panic the public. Plus it's illegal in Virginia.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Well there are still 230 (out of over 600 total) in quarantine here in MA. Couple dozen of those in Natick. That's local.

Top Bottom