Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seriously @new guy and @jpk, start another thread and I’ll explain how to profit with inflation.

Not here.
ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!

Call me NOW and I'll show you how to make MILLIONS using OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY!

With THREE easy payments of $99.95 I'll teach you how to be a cocksucking globalist just like your favorite politicians!

CALL NOW AND I'LL DOUBLE YOUR ORDER

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My favorite is when Boomers rattle on about the younger generations not being able to buy homes. The Boomers grew up and purchased homes when there was practically no building code, so of course they were easier and cheaper to build. Now the Boomers have made this insane world of regulation and codes, and mock the younger generations for calling it all BS.

I live in a nobody rural town and my Boomer neighbor has to tell me about his burn permit every time I burn some brush. I don't care about some stupid burn permit, I'm going to burn this brush, get over it.
I used to read the historical town reports for fun. (the library didn't have much in it, so I branch out and read everything in the town hall, and then the fire dept, etc.)

One of the entries, from like 1810 or so, mentioned how the town had paid some dude named Jeb, about $80 to build a road (which still exists to this day).

The NERVE Jeb had, charging EIGHTY BUCKS to build a road his pappy could have built for $25.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When discussing things at a generational level yes, that’s exactly how it’s done. Same goes for any discussion involving different groups or categories of people.
The boomers have all retired. This $2T stimulus package is clearly the work of millennials. Your kids are gonna hate you. (I blame autocorrect for the typos)

Last edited:

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sitrep 01930: April 6 2020
There have been 46 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the City of Gloucester: one deceased, four are currently hospitalized, 31 are currently in isolation and 15 have recovered

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m X.

And this package was passed by a bunch of boomer politicians in a desperate attempt at keeping the music going for just one more song. It wasn’t saving millennials - what, millennial business owners?

Or maybe it’s the inevitable death gasp of the system they destroyed these past decades.

Or maybe it’s the nail in the coffin of capitalism, driven home with satisfaction.

Whatever it is, the economic fallout is the cherry on top of the boomers’ legacy.
Nope. You said we have to go by generations and the boomers have all mostly retired. We handed the reins to Gen X or some s**t at least 20 years ago.

This is all YOUR mess, pal. Fix it please. I needs your Social Security contributions. Get crackin, kid.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's keep the SITREP thread from becoming the dumpster fire that the other caronavirus thread has become. We can bash the other generations here:
I'll start. Over half of Millenials receive government aid. The poorly raised children of GenX.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SITREP from Great Barrington.
Still no paper goods on the shelves. There are more orange and yellow plates (NY, NJ) than in the summer months. I literally have not been to a store in two weeks other than my co-op orders. Those I pick up at the back door.
My wife and daughter have not seen anyone other than me in over 3 weeks. My daughter likes bike riding at the cemetery but last time they went it was full of outsiders with out of state plates, wandering around being obnoxious. We have ridden at the cemetery for years (3) and there is never more than two people there, ever. Vehicle traffic on my street has more than doubled since last month. It's getting out of control. I can now sympathize with RI.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
well, they are the most exposed. but you might think they have this PPE thing down to a science.
They dont have PPE. A friend works in a hospital in NH. (not a nurse or MD, but she basically is one of the first people to talk to someone walking through the door. Gets their info, registers them, etc) She was given 2 surgical masks and those plastic clamshell containers you would get a tuna sandwich in cafeteria to keep them in. So far they have rubber gloves still but who knows by this time next week.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My pi-Aware Flight Tracker just ~5mi NW of MHT and ~60mi NNW of BOS airports showing a drop in received position reports of flights over the last month.
20-04-07 ADS-B.png

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
On the plus side. Mask usage and social distancing in public has made big leaps in public recently - past week or so.
Unfortunately only about 1/4 of the people I’ve seen seem to be wearing masks. They are likely the ones also taking distancing and hand washing more seriously. The ones not wearing masks seem to be barely going through the motions but are most likely to be the ones who are spreading the bug.

Went to Lowe’s yesterday and watched some dip ship couple no masks ahead of me arguing a foot away from the poor clerk over $20 after they paid and we’re leaving. Turns out they bought the wrong $39 size bag of seed which was more expensive than the smaller $19 bag. With a freaking $300 cart full of lawn shit they are doing this and spraying anyone around. Made the poor girl do a return so they could get the smaller bag while the line continued to grow longer. F’ing A-holes

Last edited:

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an OTC supplement too.

“Nitric oxide is one of possibly many therapeutic agents that may show it will help mitigate COVID-19 severe lung injury. It is not a silver bullet but it’s our hope it would have a positive affect on the on reducing the progression of a disease that devastates the lungs,” said Scott.
A proposed second trial that is being reviewed would enroll health care workers who are routinely exposed to coronavirus patients. Under that potential study, staff would inhale a high dose of the drug for 10 to 15 minutes at the start and end of every shift.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
"Under that potential study, staff would inhale a high dose of the drug for 10 to 15 minutes at the start and end of every shift."
If I'm remembering high school correctly they shouldn't plan to get much done at the beginning of their shift and they should plan on hanging around the parking lot for a while after their shift before driving home.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm remembering high school correctly they shouldn't plan to get much done at the beginning of their shift and they should plan on hanging around the parking lot for a while after their shift before driving home.
That was my first thought too - there used to be a line of kids waiting outside the Woburn place on Fridays for the weekend parties. That was nitrous oxide, not nitric.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitric, not nitrous. Nitric is in the 'make you last longer' pills. Nitrous is the 'go fast' button (and dental office)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one seen any masks anywhere for sale? Construction work still going on and we can’t get our workers anything...
You may want to look into the homemade masks with the shop towels inserted into them. I think it's going to be a while before masks are available to the non-medical workers. There is still a need for masks all over the place besides the US.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is an OTC supplement too.

“Nitric oxide is one of possibly many therapeutic agents that may show it will help mitigate COVID-19 severe lung injury. It is not a silver bullet but it’s our hope it would have a positive affect on the on reducing the progression of a disease that devastates the lungs,” said Scott.
A proposed second trial that is being reviewed would enroll health care workers who are routinely exposed to coronavirus patients. Under that potential study, staff would inhale a high dose of the drug for 10 to 15 minutes at the start and end of every shift.
So I can self medicate for this thing by huffing on the bottle in the trunk of the Mustang?

Nitric, not nitrous. Nitric is in the 'make you last longer' pills. Nitrous is the 'go fast' button (and dental office)
DAMMIT!

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any one seen any masks anywhere for sale? Construction work still going on and we can’t get our workers anything...
If you mean the n95 types, you're probably out of luck.

N100 masks are allocated for med/gov, but the filters for them appear not to be. So if you have masks that accept those filters...

Otherwise, you can still get the "high end", scary looking masks with face shield and all. For ~ 10x the price of an n100.

Top Bottom