Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The tinfoilers/vaxxers on faceplant are running around prancing about how "THE COVID DEATHS STAT IS INACCURATE!!!!" as if that somehow invalidates the fact that a bunch of people are dying from the shit. [rofl]

-Mike
I'm shocked that face plant even allows vaxxer tin foil posts

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I see it the opposite way. You are like the gungrabbers. Tossing aside our rights and freedoms by claiming that smaller magazine capacity saves lives. "if it saves just one life" sound familiar?

There has to be some balance. Shutting down an entire city and crippling the economy is not the right response to save one life and is the response to save a million lives. We don't know how many lives will be saved and we will all disagree on what that acceptable number of saved lives is justifiable to shut down a city/country and cripple its economy for X amount of months/years
I think you're misunderstanding my support of people limiting interactions with government having the right to force you to stay home. These two things are not the same.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm heavily biased towards individual freedoms. People should be free to make stupid choices. But kill me, and I'll kill you back.

So when other people's bad choices mortally impact other people, they should think carefully.

I'm honestly not sure where that line is here. But I'm choosing to take exercise great care in contact with other people.
I agree. Right now, we are supposed to be in catch up mode.... Learn about the virus, make supplies for treatment and prevention, avoid the hospitals getting crushed as much as possible. At some point, people will still be dying, but we'll need to restart the economy in some form. This is where the cure can't be worse than the disease. Hopefully, we also get some good luck in the process.... Virus doesn't like summer, or we confirm efficacy of a treatment, or virus mutates to be less deadly, or we discover 60% are actually asymptomatic, etc etc.

I don't know where this line is, but it will need to happen. Otherwise, things will get really ugly. I'm hoping some really smart people are planning how to make this happen. Waiting this long to encourage mask use was very discouraging though.

On the plus side. Mask usage and social distancing in public has made big leaps in public recently - past week or so.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I agree. Right now, we are supposed to be in catch up mode.... Learn about the virus, make supplies for treatment and prevention, avoid the hospitals getting crushed as much as possible. At some point, people will still be dying, but we'll need to restart the economy in some form. This is where the cure can't be worse than the disease. Hopefully, we also get some good luck in the process.... Virus doesn't like summer, or we confirm efficacy of a treatment, or virus mutates to be less deadly, or we discover 60% are actually asymptomatic, etc etc.

I don't know where this line is, but it will need to happen. Otherwise, things will get really ugly. I'm hoping some really smart people are planning how to make this happen. Waiting this long to encourage mask use was very discouraging though.

On the plus side. Mask usage and social distancing in public has made big leaps in public recently - past week or so.
We really need an accurate antibody test to assess this. And we need to test a huge % of the population, if not literally everyone.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tinfoilers/vaxxers on faceplant are running around prancing about how "THE COVID DEATHS STAT IS INACCURATE!!!!" as if that somehow invalidates the fact that a bunch of people are dying from the shit. [rofl]

-Mike

This morning I went onto Facebook and unsubscribed to a number of republican leaning groups I belonged to. Why? Because in all of my life I have never seen the tinfoil squad come out in droves like. These people are freaking nut cases hiding in their basements. Holy sh*t there are a lot of dumbass republicans out there.

But at the same time I also unsubscribed to a lot of local news sources on Facebook because the liberals are just as bad as the tinfoil hat brigade. Running their fake news stories with fake facts, they're just as exhausting as the tinfoil hat right wingers. These left wingers just keep going on and on with orange man bad. Good God what a train wreck in that group.

So at this point for my own sanity I give up. Expecting critical thinking at a time like this is nigh on impossible.

I try to watch the presidents coronavirus briefing and trying to hear from the experts and we have these reporters with the IQ of a retarded spider monkey asking questions where I am sitting there just thinking I wish these fu*ers would just shut up so I could hear the experts.

I can think of a thousand far better questions to ask the task force on the stage rather than these village idiot reporters asking inane and useless questions for their gotcha moment.

I've actually had a few moments where in my own personal thoughts that if this leads to the extinction of the human race or 95% of the worlds population that may actually be a good thing.

ps: sorry for the bad language. I needed to vent.

Last edited:

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I see it the opposite way. You are like the gungrabbers. Tossing aside our rights and freedoms by claiming that smaller magazine capacity saves lives. "if it saves just one life" sound familiar?

There has to be some balance. Shutting down an entire city and crippling the economy is not the right response to save one life and is the response to save a million lives. We don't know how many lives will be saved and we will all disagree on what that acceptable number of saved lives is justifiable to shut down a city/country and cripple its economy for X amount of months/years
I don't see xtrys commentary as legitimizing government limitations but rather talking about the efficacy of people being taken out of circulation. The issue of whether that happens voluntarily or not is a wholly separate thing.

It's possible to believe simultaneously that this is a serious disease and also that .gov has gone full retard in not necessarily the most intelligent of
ways over it. The scatterbrained limitations thrown in place arguably created a crapshoot. The fact that it was OK up until like 2=4 days ago for people to be ass to elbow in a grocery store but you couldn't seat, say 20 people in a 60 occupancy restauraunt is completely f***ing retarded, if we put all of those kinds of things into perspective.

-Mike

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, anyone know what the sitrep is in NH for hydrochloroquine?

If your Md prescribes it are there doses avail or is the state hoarding it/doing draconian bullshit like other states seem to be?

In other news, NECN is usually more fair than not but went full retard in publishing an AP article that attacks Trump's advocacy that chloroquine/etc could be a treatment.....

They bash trump and try to paint picture that he's gone rogue on this.....all the while ignoring/failing to mention multiple studies around the world that supports its efficacy for Wu Flu treatment

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Grocery sitrep tilton,NH lol. BJs has no paper towels, tp or peanut butter m&Ms!? Majority of shoppers had a face covering. Most n95s weren't even on right or not even covering their nose. My dad and I went in with half face respirators. The highlight was the thumbs up from the guy in the full hazmat suit, half face respirator and goggles! Who was it?

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So at this point for my own sanity I give up. Expecting critical thinking at a time like this is nigh on impossible.
I gave up of FB about 6 months after the election. Critical thinking and self-directed thoughts were non-existent then.
I've actually had a few moments where in my own personal thoughts that if this leads to the extinction of the human race or 95% of the worlds population that may actually be a good thing.
This would be a great planet if it weren't for the humans.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
This morning I went onto Facebook and unsubscribed to a number of republican leaning groups I belonged to. Why? Because in all of my life I have never seen the tinfoil squad come out in droves like. These people are freaking nut cases hiding in their basements. Holy sh*t there are a lot of dumbass republicans out there.

But at the same time I also unsubscribed to a lot of local news sources on Facebook because the liberals are just as bad as the tinfoil hat brigade. Running their fake news stories with fake facts, they're just as exhausting as the tinfoil hat right wingers. These left wingers just keep going on and on with orange man bad. Good God what a train wreck in that group.

I try to watch the presidents coronavirus briefing and trying to hear from the experts and we have these reporters with the IQ of a retarded spider monkey asking questions where I am sitting there just thinking I wish these fu*ers would just shut up so I could here the experts.

I can think of a thousand far better questions to ask the task force on the stage rather than these village idiot reporters asking inane and useless questions for their gotcha moment.

ps: sorry for the bad language. I needed to vent.
I don't blame you, I have more or less gotten to the same thing. It's like america has reached "peak stupid" or something.

I see vaxxtards/tinfoilers on the right trying to tell people that coronavirus is a conspiracy and then on the other side moonbats braying about how its unfair that essential workers are only getting paid their regular salary "for working through a virus" and putting shit like "EYEAM AN EESSENTIAL WORKER" stuff on their profile pics, etc... like what the f***? Like they're making some kind of special sacrifice or something... [rofl] I realize many of these people have shitty jobs but I am grateful to have one at all. If it meant working in the "corona public" eveyr day I'd still do it. A lot of people dont have f***ing jobs right now.

-Mike

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
For anyone interested, used Instacart for the first time yesterday.

There are a variety of stores you can get deliveries from, I chose Market Basket.

-Food came to $70.

-Service fee, $3.53 (I learned later you can choose to waive this[angry])

- Delivery fee, $3.99.

- Tip I think was set at default of $2 but I gave her $10. (actually ended up being $10.58, not sure why)

So total cost was $88.66. Did some reading later and learned that the service fee just looks like their mark up on the food. I didnt realize you could waive this fee. I was happy to give the girl $10 as a tip. Well worth it for me to not have to stand in line outside of a supermarket for however long on top of the typical shopping experience.

Original order was done on I think Tuesday or Wednesday night with the earliest delivery on the afternoon of, Monday the 6th.(today) I had happened to look at the order yesterday morning and randomly clicked on the delivery time button and saw that that afternoon was available, so I changed it to yesterday afternoon.

Tip and fees came out to be like 25% of the cost of the food. (including the service fee which I didnt realize was optional) App was easy to use. They give you a spot to leave a note for each item to allow for substitutes. She contacted me through the app a couple of times as she was shopping due to something not being in stock in the size or type I had ordered. She also called me for an issue with the milk order and even though she had checked out already, she went to the service desk to exchange something for me.

Showed up at the house maybe 5-10 minutes later, dropped off the bags on the tailgate of the truck in the driveway and went on her way. All in all not a bad experience, especially for people who may not want to be bouncing around in the stores right now. App is free, no recurring costs, just the food, delivery and tip. Stores that are available depend on whats local to you. MB, CVS, BJS, Costco, Aldis, Wegmans, Shaws, Petco, Target and a few others.

I cant see myself using it all the time, but it is a good option to have.

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good Morning, Beacon Falls!

View attachment 344980

Traffic on Route 8 was light, but that's not unusual for a Sunday morning. Likewise on the local roads, but again typical.

A white car in the Reservoir 4 parking lot (didn't see anyone while riding), and older guy in a Jeep came in just as I was leaving.
Thanks for posting these I look forward to them :)

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Well, just got a call. Close friend of my father inlaw had been in the hospital for covid. He has passed away.
Older gentleman, retired fisherman and my sister in laws godfather.
Hits home. Not in a happy place right now.
One of my aunts friends was diagnosed the other day. Quickly going from something you read about to real life for a lot of people.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hannaford in Keene. Did my Monday morning opening hit as my wife is very high risk.

Changes:
- There was an employee handing out carts and wiping them down with Clorox wipes as she did so. Face shield and gloves on, but she was the only one I saw taking any face precaution.
- There are signs up everywhere telling people to keep spacing while shopping and not to park in aisles.
- Fresh produce was well stocked.
- All bakery/deli/butcher/seafood counters still closed (products all prepackaged only).
- stocking in rest of store has not recovered. I'd say they're at 60% overall.
- Most items list limit of 2.
-They've upped the checkout line controls, but still are not all wearing masks. The checkout is now a single line with Xs on ground to space people out. They call you from that line to counters as they open. The register clerks all have new Lexan shields to block direct breathing. Clerks and baggers both frequently using hand sanitizer.
- About 60% of customers wearing some type of mask/scarf.
- Saw an older gentlemen with an old leather satchel. He was keeping anything he needed to touch in it, I'm assuming to sterilize later. Smart idea staying away from pockets.

Overall I think they are doing good mitigation here except for lack of masks. Every employee should be wearing some type of mask or at least a scarf/handkerchief over their mouths. There's no way I would go to work at a supermarket without a face shield, gloves and a mask.

Traffic was very light while I was shopping, maybe 20 customers in store halfway thru my shopping. Seemed to be picking up while I was checking out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm heavily biased towards individual freedoms. People should be free to make stupid choices. But kill me, and I'll kill you back.

So when other people's bad choices mortally impact other people, they should think carefully.

I'm honestly not sure where that line is here. But I'm choosing to take exercise great care in contact with other people.
A huge part of freedom is personal responsibility, so I am also being as careful as I can to avoid spreading this shit.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well, just got a call. Close friend of my father inlaw had been in the hospital for covid. He has passed away.
Older gentleman, retired fisherman and my sister in laws godfather.
Hits home. Not in a happy place right now.
Sorry to hear that. Heard late last week that one of my staff in Denver has it now. Luckily though he only has minor symptoms and was sent home to recover. Hope he pulls through.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
My FIL in Weymouth got a robocall from the town telling him to stay in and not go anywhere. Of course he came right over to tell us and hang out with the kids in the backyard. While I think the towns etc. are overreacting he's an idiot. Goes to the supermarket out of boredom, thinks he's social distancing but is over here grabbing the kids (my wife would never say anything to him) and hanging out at the church, etc. My dad's the same way. 70s and clueless. Thinks he's doing good because he's using hand sanitizer and gloves at the supermarket but still goes a couple of times a week and put the gloves in his pocket, touches them, etc.

juice

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just notice TSUSA has target 9mm in stock at somewhat normal prices, but still 3 week lead time to ship.

EDD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My FIL in Weymouth got a robocall from the town telling him to stay in and not go anywhere. Of course he came right over to tell us and hang out with the kids in the backyard. While I think the towns etc. are overreacting he's an idiot. Goes to the supermarket out of boredom, thinks he's social distancing but is over here grabbing the kids (my wife would never say anything to him) and hanging out at the church, etc. My dad's the same way. 70s and clueless. Thinks he's doing good because he's using hand sanitizer and gloves at the supermarket but still goes a couple of times a week and put the gloves in his pocket, touches them, etc.
My FIL, who is 76 acts similarly.

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
This is why I gave up FB years ago

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Some of the reports in this thread are frightening. Town busybodies making 911 calls, etc. I’ve seen it in my town also.

If it was 1942, these people would be telling the SS that the family next door is harboring Jews under the floorboards.
Its like that up until there are consequences to that type of behavior. Suburbia needs to adopt its own version of Stop Snitchin'.

Top Bottom