Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Look, listen, whatever, if doctors are catching this and they KNOW how to deal with this, what do you think the odds of the typical 'People of Walmart' are going to fare?

You are asking for something that simply isn't possible, everyone to take care of themselves. The rest of us live in the real world where people are of 'average' intelligence and spend more time watching the Kardashingins than the news. What news they DO watch is MSM which has been an abject failure in reporting the news on this bug.

So keep pretending anything is different. I wish there was no need for cops, that everyone would treat everyone else like a human being. That is not going to happen, ever.
I get that this is hard for you to grasp when your ADD rages.....

But if the entire fooking population of Taiwan, Japan and South Korea can manage to wear masks then I'm pretty sure that most Americans can manage it

As far as efficacy goes....look at Taiwan, Japan and SK's numbers.....and they didnt even shut their economies down.......

If you had been following djbridles posts for the last couple weeks you would have picked up on the fact that a great many people doing initial triage/assessment were NOT being provided PPE by the hospital.......this has changed recently AFTER a pile of staff got sick......[banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead]

On top of this, many of these health care profs are working with patients that are spitting/spewing and projectile puking infectious bodily fluids on them.......

The rest of us "People of Walmart" as you called us, are lucky that we dont have to deal with the above on a hourly/daily basis......

We "People of Walmart" largely keep our bodily fluids to ourselves.....so a mask or even a scarf is very effective at keeping SICK people from spewing their lung broccoli into the air.....and a mask on other people in combination with glasses and gloves is hugely effective at preventing infection......

If all of us wear masks, gloves and glasses it will drive down the infection rate and a lot fewer people will end up in hospital spewing infectious lung broccoli on DJ and his co workers......

Be nice....cover your pie hole

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The groksters have some interesting observations on the "Murray Model" that state and fed gov's are apparently using for their guestimates

The shenanigans with modeling remind me of the global warming BS on the "Hockey Stick.......and AOC and others bloviating that if we didnt surrender to total government the world would end in 12 years......

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've mentioned a couple times over the past few weeks about my mother's neighbor who went on this big tour of Israel. And, how I had said what a really effing bad idea that was. Well, she has it! As in sick with symptoms and tested positive. She returned 3 weeks ago, so these tests are effing slow! What good are they if you're dead or giving it to everyone else before you find out you have it?

Fortunately, my mother has not interacted directly with this neighbor since she returned. But, this neighbor has been over to several of the other houses in the 55+ park. By my mother's description, there would be at least 6 people with large amounts of exposure. The park is arranged in "circles" of 9 houses so at least 6 of the people living in it would be exposed. As in, visiting every day for hours, having dinner, stuff like that. No way not to catch it. One of these neighbors is on oxygen and has a heart condition... he's dead shortly after he gets symptoms. His wife is not so unhealthy, but she visited my mother for 30 minutes yesterday! She seemed healthy at the time, but we know that doesn't mean much. The 30 minute visit was out on the sun porch. I told Mom to go sterilize the door handles, and to keep that outer door latched because neighbors like to just let themselves in and then knock on the inner door. And there was another neighbor with dementia and in bad shape that has also spent a lot of time in the company of the other exposed people.

Oh, this neighbor from the Israel trip didn't even do any kind of self quarantine or anything on her return, despite somehow injuring her leg and being in a cast during the trip.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've mentioned a couple times over the past few weeks about my mother's neighbor who went on this big tour of Israel. And, how I had said what a really effing bad idea that was. Well, she has it! As in sick with symptoms and tested positive. She returned 3 weeks ago, so these tests are effing slow! What good are they if you're dead or giving it to everyone else before you find out you have it?

Fortunately, my mother has not interacted directly with this neighbor since she returned. But, this neighbor has been over to several of the other houses in the 55+ park. By my mother's description, there would be at least 6 people with large amounts of exposure. The park is arranged in "circles" of 9 houses so at least 6 of the people living in it would be exposed. As in, visiting every day for hours, having dinner, stuff like that. No way not to catch it. One of these neighbors is on oxygen and has a heart condition... he's dead shortly after he gets symptoms. His wife is not so unhealthy, but she visited my mother for 30 minutes yesterday! She seemed healthy at the time, but we know that doesn't mean much. The 30 minute visit was out on the sun porch. I told Mom to go sterilize the door handles, and to keep that outer door latched because neighbors like to just let themselves in and then knock on the inner door. And there was another neighbor with dementia and in bad shape that has also spent a lot of time in the company of the other exposed people.

Oh, this neighbor from the Israel trip didn't even do any kind of self quarantine or anything on her return, despite somehow injuring her leg and being in a cast during the trip.
That sucks...at least there's more distancing options there than many places (like Charlwell House and others), so still time to ramp up her precautions. My elderlies are still in the wild in their 90s, near the epicenter in NY. They're scared but prepared.

"At the Charlwell House Health & Rehabilitation Center in Norwood, at least 15 people have died of what staff members believe were coronavirus infections or related complications in the last 12 days, according to three employees with direct knowledge."

• Sad
Reactions: jpk

NorthShore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Stop & Shop Reading - at 6:30 tonight, no deli meat (looked closed), no chicken, a little beef/steak and a lot of pork. Veggies and fruit were thin but available. No wipes, TP & paper towels but some paper products. Frozen foods seem ok from what I saw but I didn’t really look hard... lots of ice cream. Plenty of milk, cheese, and eggs.

More people wearing masks... I actually got a mask nod. Too bad I don’t own a Jeep perhaps I could have gotten a Jeep wave on the way out. ;)

An employee did tell me in the coming days there would be a limit to the number of shoppers allowed at one time. They are working out the details now with a security company. I would imagine it will be similar to what MB has implemented.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Update from Whitehorse, YT. Turns out they were not quarantined at the Canadian border. They were let through, but told to get through Canada into the US as quickly as possible. The plan now is to drop down into the US in Montana, then across, rather than come east across Canada to NY or VT. Hopefully they'll have no issues at the US border.
Update again. They made it into Montana. No need to quarantine in US. They'll be turning left to come back east, probably on I90.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
went for a walk around the 'hood today. Must be people "breaking quarantine" as I actually saw several empty parking spaces. Lots of people out walking their dogs. People still crossing the street to avoid passing near each other.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Wiped my ass this morning without drama....
An article in the paper said that the toilet paper shortage was not due to hoarding, it was due to people
not using the toilets at work because they're home 24/7; there's apparently a glut of commercial toilet paper supplies.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The roads are pretty empty these days.

Late at night I drove the NJTpk then the GSP to NY thruway north.

Often I was the only vehicle with headlights piercing the dark in both directions for quite a while.

Hotels in NY with just a few cars.

An eerie drive. It’s a different world for a while.

Got home in the Berkshires at 0300.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Boston stores are in good shape. A lot of the neighborhood “Bodegas” have tp, cleaning supplies, everything. Bells Market in Southie has a great butcher shop.

We have a neighbor who got Covid at the BioGen conference Feb 26-27. She recovered at home and her husband didn’t get it (that he knows of). She was down at the playground yesterday hitting off the tennis backboard, so guess you can say she’s recovered.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Part of the apparent lead up to that action...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Director of the state's Division of Emergency Management are becoming more openly critical of 3M, a Minnesota-based company producing N95 masks, an all-important supply for doctors and nurses caring for COVID-19 patients.

"I can tell you it's shady as hell. That's for sure," DeSantis said at a Wednesday coronavirus briefing, expressing frustration that millions of masks they ordered are hard to track, don't arrive when they expected, and not in the numbers they counted on.

🐯

LittleCalm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Often I was the only vehicle with headlights piercing the dark in both directions for quite a while.

did you paint a “3” on your car and have the urge to eat twinkies?

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
An article in the paper said that the toilet paper shortage was not due to hoarding, it was due to people
not using the toilets at work because they're home 24/7; there's apparently a glut of commercial toilet paper supplies.
Jan San suppliers are something I've never thought of for toilet paper. I wouldn't say theres a glut though. I looked on two websites, the first was totally sold out. The second was wiped out as well, except for a single product. So I bought a case (96 rolls) of single ply 1000 sheets for $0.80 per roll. Free shipping too. I'll have to reevaluate when this is over, but it could be the new go to for me.

I keep hearing that theres plenty of TP sightings in stores, but most places arent shipping, or offering them in their curbside deliveries. I have about a months worth on hand, so this will give me plenty. Maybe I'll see if I can trade some for a neighbors 68 Camaro.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Georgia issued a statewide "Shelter in Place" order.

COVID-19 Confirmed Cases:No. Cases (%)
Total5444 (100%)
Hospitalized1129(20.74%)
Deaths176 (3.23%)

Bryan111

Yesterday Bryan County had 8 confirmed cases. This morning we have 11. Confirmed that two of them live in my neighborhood. One of them is a woman who works at GulfStream, and the other is her child. GulfStream has shut down two of their buildings in response.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Electric Boat, General Dynamics, Groton CT.

My son-in-law is a rigger there. My daughter told my wife last night that he's off work for the next two weeks, an area that he works in has been shut down. This has been particularly worrisome for us because they have a newborn, he's six weeks old. They've been practicing extreme social isolation because of course he doesn't have an immune system yet.

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Update again. They made it into Montana. No need to quarantine in US. They'll be turning left to come back east, probably on I90.
If they are coming I90 I can try to arrange for a care package in bumf*** Minnesota one exit before Albert Lea. LMK.

Edit: Can go south on I35 in Albert Lea to Des Moines, then east on I80 from there. You meet back up with I90 skirting Chicago but don't have to go through it.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I spoke to a local guy I know by cell yesterday, and he was on his driving and on his way to Virginia to get his college age daughter back home to NH.
He said no cars, very light traffic if any = all clear. He was making really good time.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If they are coming I90 I can try to arrange for a care package in bumf*** Minnesota one exit before Albert Lea. LMK.

Edit: Can go south on I35 in Albert Lea to Des Moines, then east on I80 from there. You meet back up with I90 skirting Chicago but don't have to go through it.
Thanks for the offer. Comms is a bit sketchy with him and am not 100% sure of their return route. Don't know their plans WRT Sh!tcago. They may be taking 94 then 90 then 39 then 80 then back to 90. We'll see

Top Bottom