Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I use Instacart.....the service is good, but more expensive than doing it your self.

The advantage is that you are not inside the store with potentially sick people.

When the order comes, use gloves and wipe everything down. Minimizes risk.
Thanks I may give them a try. I was thinking I would avoid contact with a bunch of people in the store but I guess this way Ill be in contact with one person who has been in contact with a bunch of people, lol. Oh well...

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do as your parents told you when you were a kld.......close your mouth while chewing.......under current circumstances it prevents you from breathing thru mouth thats full of wu flu salad........chew quickly, swallow then wash it down with copious amounts of single malt scotch.....it works as hand santizer for your mouth and esophogus.....that virus aint surviving stomach acid.........

Adding /sarcasm for good measure so that no one over looks the obvious humor of most of the above points......except the single malt scotch
Some viruses are tolerant to the strong stomach acid we have. Norovirus, for one, is transmitted via the GI tract, think babies, nursing homes, cruise ships.
They have a capsid coating not affected by our stomach acid. Covid-19 has a lipid (fatty) envelope which is destroyed by heat and high acid environments. Also, single malt scotch can't hurt;)

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For a tuba THAT large, you would need to pick the right sized round...

View attachment 342223
I use Instacart.....the service is good, but more expensive than doing it your self.

The advantage is that you are not inside the store with potentially sick people.

Exactly the same here. My wife was told to isolate by her doctor so we have been in our own quarantine since just before Saint Patrick’s day.

Bob

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like bullshit to me

they are somehow assuming the virus infected food slips past the inside of your mouth ( a mucous membrane) and into the stomach where acids and enzymes break down the virus dna

That is hard to believe. Chewing your food would distribute your food throughout your mouth
A virus outside of a host cell is not yet a virus, it's called a virion. In most basic terms, the virion contains the genetic material to overtake a host cell, and replicate. Some microbiologists believe the actual virus is the altered host cell. This was a hot topic back in the early '80s when I was studying this in college micro class.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks I may give them a try. I was thinking I would avoid contact with a bunch of people in the store but I guess this way Ill be in contact with one person who has been in contact with a bunch of people, lol. Oh well...
We've been using them exclusively for weeks. You have the ability to talk to the "picker" while they're shopping, through the app - just tell them to leave your order on the porch. We do that, and wave and say thank you as they're delivering. So far, three drivers we've done this with were very understanding and treated it as a normal situation. Two have been very emphatic about thanking us for requesting porch drop off.

You can then spray/wipe down your groceries at your own pace, and bring into the house as you choose. I've been spraying everything with a 400ppm bleach solution and keeping it in a tote for ten minutes before shelving. Produce goes straight into the sink into a 200ppm solution. Rinse after a ten minute soak, and into the fridge. I wash well and change clothes after putting the bags into a cardboard box to be burned.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not for long! In the meantime, remember the adage not to piss off your server or they might spit in your food...

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Though this should go without saying

It would not be perfect. Perfect is the enemy of the good, because, those who insist on perfect prevent the good from ever happening.
An interesting statement. One we should remember when clawing back our 2a rights.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I should HOPE so........

Every state should be doing that with anyone coming INTO the state except truckers/similar.......anyone else....resident or not......should be forced to register and agree to quarantine for 2 weeks min.....do not stop at the supermarket or anywhere else......
I wonder what they’ll do with illegals they find in these house to house searches, or does this only apply to New Yorkers? Perhaps they can expand this to shut down the southern border... maybe the Texas Governor can shut that down?

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just received my BJs order via instacart. Driver was wearing gloves and a mask driving his own car. He did a good job of packing everything in the stupid BJs leftover boxes. One point is that if that when you order if gives you the option to choose replacements if they are out of stock. A handful of things were low stock so I chose replacements for those. When it was time for the actual delivery - close to week later a LOT of other things were not in stock. I hadn't chosen replacements (as there really weren't any I wanted, so I got nothing.

He made one mistake - Brussel sprouts instead of Broccoli - You go on line after and rate the delivery and report issues - I reported wrong item (checkd the box by the Broccoli) and chose the refund me option.

I sanitized all the frozen and refrigerated items and everything else is in quarantine for a few days.

I'll try Market basket next as they usually don't have stock issues

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what they’ll do with illegals they find in these house to house searches, or does this only apply to New Yorkers? Perhaps they can expand this to shut down the southern border... maybe the Texas Governor can shut that down?
I think the plan is to remove those New Yorkers from the houses, and replace them with the illegals. That's the right thing to do.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far are you from Salem NH? BJs Wholesale had quite in stock a bit mid day today. There are limits of some goods in store and tp is one of them.
About an hour. Our local shaws has a case now confirmed.. which is where I shop. But I am sure it's everywhere, honestly. I brought my n100 but was too pussy to wear it. Wore my gloves though.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
About an hour. Our local shaws has a case now confirmed.. which is where I shop. But I am sure it's everywhere, honestly. I brought my n100 but was too pussy to wear it. Wore my gloves though.
This is the problem that will get us in the end. Asians tend to have no problem with PPE and look how hard they got hit. Will be way worse for us because of this.

Wearing the mask is like jumping into cold water. Just do it and the shock period is over quick. The life you may save may not be just your own...

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Wegmans yesterday in Northborough was pretty packed yesterday afternoon. Produce was good but they closed their deli and only have a pre cut small selection. Limited meat as well with virtually no chicken. Milk and eggs are rationed to one per person. Many can good we’re back in stock though, but no tp or paper towels.

Interesting part was that Starbucks at the bottom of the hill there was open. There were seriously 40 plus cars in line to get to the drive thru. So many that the line was backed up onto Rt 20. Damn and I though I had a bad coffee addiction. Not bad enough to get in that line.

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
They are booting my Mom out of her alzheimers/ dementia unit in Worcester. Must be a LOT of $$ driving this.

WTH? Could they not grab a building that would not impact patients such as in this situation? What's next, commandeering hospice facilities cuz you know, before too long the patients won't need that facility either? Yeah, let's just sacrifice vulnerable people because it's convenient and cheap.

I agree with you- there must be a LOT of dough behind this and the owners of the facility had a 'difficult' [rolleyes] decision to make.

Top Bottom