Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's dehydration. Keep drinking. When I had this, I got some GI symptoms as well. I couldn't keep anything down.
2 bags of IV fluids fixed me up. I hope you're well soon!
Pedialite is good to have on hand too - comes in liquid and powder forms. Kind of like Gatoraide but better...

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Pedialite is good to have on hand too - comes in liquid and powder forms. Kind of like Gatoraide but better...
Electrolyte powders seem to be one of the items I haven't heard of people stocking up on. Before the craziness started, I bought a couple of containers from Amazon just in case. I figured if I got a mild case of Corona or some other virus with a fever, keeping up on electrolyte balance might save me a trip to the hospital for IV fluids. There's still a big selection available.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Electrolyte powders seem to be one of the items I haven't heard of people stocking up on. Before the craziness started, I bought a couple of containers from Amazon just in case. I figured if I got a mild case of Corona or some other virus with a fever, keeping up on electrolyte balance might save me a trip to the hospital for IV fluids. There's still a big selection available.
Recommendations on specific items of that nature? Brands, product names to look for or avoid...?

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Recommendations on specific items of that nature? Brands, product names to look for or avoid...?
I think others might be better qualified than me to make a specific recommendation but, I can say I chose this particular one for being sugar-free since I don't consume sugar or most carbs. In posting a link I'll state that I have no financial interest in Amazon or the maker of this product. View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IIGQ5KG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a product called 'Squencher' or something similar, that stuff was pedilyte on steroids, while taking steroids. I gave that stuff to people who were damn near dead. Five minutes later I had to tackle them to calm them down. Used to come in packets you mixed with water, so easy to carry. Saved my ass a few times on some of my 'long walks on the beach' in Southern AZ in the summer.

Not a stock holder:

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
On the PMC, we use Ceralyte powders. They work far better than the standard commercial stuff and for diabetics, have low sugar and carbs to be concerned with. The 50 is typically all you need. 70 is for really bad cases, and the 90 is just gross to drink and WAY higher in sugar and carbs.

The product is rice based, so there is almost no concern about allergic reactions.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sununu went full retard

Closed the beaches? Just space yourself out and you will be fine. The sun shining on the sand will kill a virus PDQ. Just don't go into those tattoo places along Hampton Beach.... They could have some germs.

Anyway, I'm going for a walk now....

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I went to the Triboro Plaza Shaws in North Attleboro for a couple of things today, in and our quick, self checkout, apple pay, didn't touch anything I didn't have to, sanitized the moment I left the store and again when I got back to the office. Leaving the store I saw an elderly woman walking across the street from The Branches senior living community headed towards Shaws... that's the Senior living center that had a couple of Covid-19 positives. Won't be going to that Shaws again.

Paul455

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My skinflint cheapskate a**h*** neighbor went to BJs and bought 4 mega packs of TP.....for 2 people who probably
wipe their ass once a week.

I hate hoarders!!!!!!

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closed the beaches? Just space yourself out and you will be fine. The sun shining on the sand will kill a virus PDQ. Just don't go into those tattoo places along Hampton Beach.... They could have some germs.

Anyway, I'm going for a walk now....
As a rule, yes, but last I knew, those beaches were magnets for Latinx (I guess that's what we're supposed to call them now) from Twoshits. The ones from Bridgeport I cannot even to get not to shit in the picnic areas where they eat in our local parks here in the Constipation State.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Roach today during 60+ hours (7AM - 8AM) Enough TP and paper towels that they had some left at 8AM regular opening, but not very many. I doubt they made it to 830 before those shelves were cleared. Limit 1 package each.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Drive by the northern MB in Nashua today, looked pretty busy. Got my boolits delivered today, and made it away from the homestead for the longest stretch in the past two weeks.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roach today during 60+ hours (7AM - 8AM) Enough TP and paper towels that they had some left at 8AM regular opening, but not very many. I doubt they made it to 830 before those shelves were cleared. Limit 1 package each.
Someone's starting to think, limit to one or two per person. The problem will go away.

Day 5 of a cough. No fever, no care.

Day 3 of having a 4 person tent set up in my dining room. Kids won’t let me take it down.
I have tents as well. Keeps the natives happy.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I ran to Hannaford in Keene this morning early because my two teenage boys are like a roving pack of piranhas since we've locked them down. They open at 6, showed up at 7 to give the elderly the first hour even though the website didn't say anything. My wife is also high risk so I wanted to get there not on a weekend.

Mask, safety glasses and gloves. I keep sanitizer in the truck too. I wipe the cart down first. I enter store and am surprised to see hand sanitizer back at the entrances (it was empty 10 days ago).

Upon entering the store things have clearly changed. First on the good side the fresh fruit and veggies are restored to 75% capacity. Last visit they were all barren. The store has taken further measures to protect people. All the food service counters are no longer directly helping customers and no display cases are stocked. Only prepackaged items for bakery/deli/seafood/butcher. The ticket machines are removed.

The bad. Employees are still only wearing gloves. No masks. Of about 30 shoppers, all over 50 only 2 were wearing masks. I don't understand this. A slight change is no one gives me a strange look for wearing PPE. Last visit I was getting the eye rolls.

The isle shelves are still not recovered. Not even close. Most staples are 90% depleted. There were 6 loaves of bread. I grabbed two, which is the limit per the sign. There are still hotdogs and burger buns, but about 30% stock. Little soup. Pasta isle raised. No TP. Very little PT stock. Milk says limit 2 gallons. I grab two because my boys are basically baby calves. It disappears in a few seconds after being placed in the fridge.

Checkout has a big change. They have taped out waiting places. There are actually more isle open than normal to prevent lines. I walk into a checkout lane and notice not only is there tape, but they peeled up tiles from the floor to make it VERY clear. The checkout lady asks me to unload from the end of the belt only and not come forward until she is done ringing. Her and the bagger are wearing gloves, but no masks. The lady running register is definitely high risk. Older and overweight. She finishes scanning and let's the bagger finish. She then asks me to pay. I walk up and credit card. I sanitize the card after removal. She places the receipt on the counter and signals for me to pick it up. I'm confused by this given she is handing me something and just touched literally everything and clearly isn't changing her gloves between customers. I internally sigh that she wont hand me a receipt, but she'll work at a grocery store and not wear a mask even though 95% of people are not wearing one.

I go to my truck. Groceries go in the bed. I toss my gloves after sanitizing the outer surface and the cart I was using knowing the next person who used it likely wont be wearing gloves. I sanitize my card again, the door handles. I spray my mask fabric/charcoal N95 and toss it in the sun on dash where it will sit until next week.

I drive home. My kids help me unload with gloves on. One person touches bags holding them open and the others pull items out of the bags laying them out to avoid more cross contamination. the bags are discarded directly to the dumpster. The food all gets sprayed with peroxide regardless of container type. It sits to dry for several hours. Anything glass/plastic/metal is later wiped with a soapy towel and rinsed for extra care. The rest is put aside for a few days then we will FIFO it to the shelves.

I'm the only person who has left the house since before schools closed. 15 days ago.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After a 2 days at 137 NH has added 21 cases for a total of 158

Rockingham hit hardest....as predicted
Hillsbourough also hit
Merrimack added 3?
One each for the south/west counties
Coos is still clean

case-map.jpg

Top Bottom