Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read/looked at every post (skimmed some of the BS) in ALL of the Coronavirus threads up until a couple of days ago when it got to be too much, so I may have missed it if it's been reported, but I'm a little shocked that I haven't heard of at least one NES member who has tested positive! Not even any family members or close friends?

Maybe it's all a hoax. ;)
i had a wife and two friends who we suspected had it. The day before yesterday the two friends reported feeling 100%, and yesterday my wife reported 100%. They had all been self-quarantined. No test though. I suspect it was just a common flue bout....but i guess it could have been coronavirus. seemed like a big coincidence.

they all had real symptoms, except only one had a bad cough. None reported shortness of breath, so we were hanging our hats on that fact.

I guess we dodged a boolit.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
i had a wife and two friends who we suspected had it. The day before yesterday the two friends reported feeling 100%, and yesterday my wife reported 100%. They had all been self-quarantined. No test though. I suspect it was just a common flue bout....but i guess it could have been coronavirus. seemed like a big coincidence.

they all had real symptoms, except only one had a bad cough. None reported shortness of breath, so we were hanging our hats on that fact.

I guess we dodged a boolit.
ain't gonna say it hasn't crossed my mind regarding one of us. for a while i've wanted to start a pool here where we'd guess which nes'r would be the first to get infected. thought better of it, didn't want to jinx us...not that i believe in that stuff.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
on the brighter side i think the crowds will be lighter there now. tp anyone?

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I've read/looked at every post (skimmed some of the BS) in ALL of the Coronavirus threads up until a couple of days ago when it got to be too much, so I may have missed it if it's been reported, but I'm a little shocked that I haven't heard of at least one NES member who has tested positive! Not even any family members or close friends?

One of our OTR drivers was Hospitalized and tested positive. He is now home on oxygen.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful gods country, not many international travelers, or density or people just coming back from China.
Just a few stinky woodchucks. [laugh]

(Okay, I just came back in from my morning ride, so I have zero room to be throwing stones in the stink department. Yay - automatic social distancing!)

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I work remote for a tech company in the Silicon Valley area. They've been working from home for over a week now. They're actually handling it pretty well. Preventing that solitary confinement feeling and keeping the teams working like a team, aware of what everyone is doing, is a challenge.

Several managers have started Microsoft Teams chats just for "over the cubicle wall" talk. It took a couple days for people to relax with it, but now it reads like a cross between NES's Funny thread, this thread and a little work mixed in.

The person that used to organize lunchtime walks and occasional social activities is still organizing walks, except they do it alone and report in. She's brainstorming on other social activities activities they can do "together but alone". I thought of suggesting a postal match, but they're located between Occupied Berkeley and the People's Republic of San Francisco, so....

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've posted about the close calls before... here is a summary:

1. My mother's next door neighbor came back from an Israel trip 10 days ago with a pastor who now tests positive. I expect the neighbor will test positive soon too, unless she is super lucky.

2. My wife's coworker tested positive and he and his wife are both in quarantine at home now. He had been coming in to work until last Friday. My wife and dozens/hundreds of other employees have been exposed. Now we wait and see who gets it. If my wife gets it, so do I.

3. There is an additional new case in New Ipswich where many of the people at where my wife works knows and interacts with. And, several church people also know the guy. That's another way we could be getting infected.

And Philippines:

4. My wife's cousin, some politician in the Philippines, has it. I never met the guy.
It turns out case #2 wasn't real... my wife's coworker and spouse actually tested negative. I don't know why they said positive. They must have made an assumption because they heard these two were getting tested, therefore positive already.

But, lots of people work there, so I'm just waiting for the likely revelation that someone there has it, then they shut everything down.

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My brother in law was in the hospital in Worcester yesterday and was diagnosed with fever and pneumonia. He’s in health care.

Wasn’t given a test, instead, they sent him home to ride this out in bed so we’ll probably never know unless he’s at death’s door.

Luckily, his wife is treating him like he has the Wu-Flu and he’s been confined to another part of the house.
This morning, he’s much much worse. His doctor has ordered a Wu-Flu test and my sister in law is driving him to the hospital right now.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Flubro that I work with called in sick the other day. Achy, overall shitty feeling. Said his mother and niece are sick as well. He's been coughing for like a month now with me harassing him to get himself checked out. :mad:

Also had one guy go to NY (upstate) last weekend and another went to Orlando with his wife, mother and kids maybe two weeks ago. On the way back he had a layover in NYC and walked around Penn Station for an hour. I kind of lost it on a group text the other day telling people to stay the f*ck home or at the very least dont be bouncing around out of state.

We really are f*cking doomed...

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

I've been sick for 14 days with respiratory symptoms. Had a fever for 5-6 days. Cough just won't go away and I'm still to weak to stand for more than 30 minutes. I had to do laundry a few days ago and the walk down the hall and a flight of stairs carrying a hamper to the common laundry wearing a P-100 respirator on was enough to put me on the verge of passing out.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been sick for 14 days with respiratory symptoms. Had a fever for 5-6 days. Cough just won't go away and I'm still to weak to stand for more than 30 minutes. I had to do laundry a few days ago and the walk down the hall and a flight of stairs carrying a hamper to the common laundry wearing a P-100 respirator on was enough to put me on the verge of passing out.
Stay hydrated!!! If you're not making much urine, you may need IV fluids. If it's scant, darker than usual, and/or strong ammonia odor, get checked. Is there someone there to help you?

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Stay hydrated!!! If you're not making much urine, you may need IV fluids. If it's scant, darker than usual, and/or strong ammonia odor, get checked. Is there someone there to help you?
I've been drinking plenty of fluids. One thing I did notice early on was that whatever this is does whack kidney function because my urine was highly discolored for awhile. I am almost better now, except for this weakness and occasional cough with clear phlegm which just won't go away.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The British Doctor puts out daily updates at about noon east time and is worth watching. Each session is about 30 mins but he talks slow so I watch it at 1.5. He has consistently saying that we are going to need at least another month of lockdown

lancecolonel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
maine "closed" the other day for non-essential businesses. ktp stayed open with reduced hours, $3/hr raise for all employees and new sanitation/distancing protocols. (i will add that ktp postponed all their scheduled classes and seminars, 1 of which i was going to attend this weekend). the locals i mentioned in past posts were quick to complain about ktp being open and mobbed because "guns". some of those locals grabbed the ears of local media and politicians.....
if you can't open the article the tl:dr is that kittery town gov called the paper, the paper called the state on ktp and now ktp is seeking a waiver to stay open.
it should be noted by me that seacoast media is boston globe lite, no cause can be progressive enough for them.
i do have mixed feelings about this. free market/economic concerns vs. health concerns is a decision i'm happy i don't have to make.
i will however be looking to buy something, anything from ktp's website just to throw some support their way. there's plenty of threads around here showing ktp always standing with liberty minded individuals.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
maine "closed" the other day for non-essential businesses. ktp stayed open with reduced hours, $3/hr raise for all employees and new sanitation/distancing protocols. (i will add that ktp postponed all their scheduled classes and seminars, 1 of which i was going to attend this weekend). the locals i mentioned in past posts were quick to complain about ktp being open and mobbed because "guns". some of those locals grabbed the ears of local media and politicians.....
if you can't open the article the tl:dr is that kittery town gov called the paper, the paper called the state on ktp and now ktp is seeking a waiver to stay open.
it should be noted by me that seacoast media is boston globe lite, no cause can be progressive enough for them.
i do have mixed feelings about this. free market/economic concerns vs. health concerns is a decision i'm happy i don't have to make.
i will however be looking to buy something, anything from ktp's website just to throw some support their way. there's plenty of threads around here showing ktp always standing with liberty minded individuals.
Well, isn't that the store that doesn't have any locks on the front door? Don't they pretty much HAVE to stay open?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
TP and Paper Towels at Danvers Stop & Shop at 7p last night

Frozen foods were scarce but plenty of meat, vegetables and bread.
North Attleboro Stop&Shop very similar. Most things have been restocked. Plenty of meat, still short on some canned and fozen goods. Paper goods aisle still completely barren.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was at KTP a year ago and was shocked at the number and variety of out of state license plates in the parking lot.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been drinking plenty of fluids. One thing I did notice early on was that whatever this is does whack kidney function because my urine was highly discolored for awhile. I am almost better now, except for this weakness and occasional cough with clear phlegm which just won't go away.
That's dehydration. Keep drinking. When I had this, I got some GI symptoms as well. I couldn't keep anything down.
2 bags of IV fluids fixed me up. I hope you're well soon!

Top Bottom