Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've read/looked at every post (skimmed some of the BS) in ALL of the Coronavirus threads up until a couple of days ago when it got to be too much, so I may have missed it if it's been reported, but I'm a little shocked that I haven't heard of at least one NES member who has tested positive! Not even any family members or close friends?

Maybe it's all a hoax. ;)

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I've read/looked at every post (skimmed some of the BS) in ALL of the Coronavirus threads up until a couple of days ago when it got to be too much, so I may have missed it if it's been reported, but I'm a little shocked that I haven't heard of at least one NES member who has tested positive! Not even any family members or close friends?

I have a slight cough that just started. Does that count???? It is scaring the sh!t out of my wife......

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I've posted about the close calls before... here is a summary:

1. My mother's next door neighbor came back from an Israel trip 10 days ago with a pastor who now tests positive. I expect the neighbor will test positive soon too, unless she is super lucky.

2. My wife's coworker tested positive and he and his wife are both in quarantine at home now. He had been coming in to work until last Friday. My wife and dozens/hundreds of other employees have been exposed. Now we wait and see who gets it. If my wife gets it, so do I.

3. There is an additional new case in New Ipswich where many of the people at where my wife works knows and interacts with. And, several church people also know the guy. That's another way we could be getting infected.

And Philippines:

4. My wife's cousin, some politician in the Philippines, has it. I never met the guy.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've posted about the close calls before... here is a summary:

1. My mother's next door neighbor came back from an Israel trip 10 days ago with a pastor who now tests positive. I expect the neighbor will test positive soon too, unless she is super lucky.

2. My wife's coworker tested positive and he and his wife are both in quarantine at home now. He had been coming in to work until last Friday. My wife and dozens/hundreds of other employees have been exposed. Now we wait and see who gets it. If my wife gets it, so do I.
Yes, I have read your posts about those possibilities and also about your wife's family in the Philippines (where I spent two of the most fun weeks of my life), but those are close calls only (as far as I know) and not NES members, family of members, or close friends.

I hope you and your family stay healthy, Prepper!

n1oty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Roche Brothers in Norton at 1 PM today. Maybe a dozen shoppers in the store. No lines at checkout. Meat and chicken is reasonably well stocked, with all sorts of steaks, chops, roasts and ground beef. You even had plenty to choose between 15 and 20 percent fat ground beef. Frozen food aisle in reasonably good shape. The only down side is that the TP aisle is still empty.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Special advisory below for anyone that used Concord Coach Lines......

Special Notice Regarding Potential COVID-19 Exposure on Concord Coach Lines

DHHS has issued guidance regarding potential community exposure of the coronavirus after DHHS determined that a person with COVID-19 was on the following Concord Coach Lines buses:

• 3/11/20: 3:15 AM bus from Concord, NH – Boston Express Londonderry – South Station – Boston Logan Airport
  • 3/13/20: 5:40 PM bus from Logan – South Station – Concord – Tilton – Plymouth – Lincoln – Littleton
  • 3/14/20: 5:00 AM bus from Concord – Boston Express Londonderry – Boston Express Salem – South Station – Logan
  • 3/16/20: 1:40 PM bus from Logan – South Station – Concord

Any individuals who rode on one of the Concord Coach Line buses above may have been potentially exposed to the novel coronavirus and should stay at home and monitor their health for fever or respiratory illness. Any person who was on those buses and has developed symptoms should stay away from other people, and immediately contact their healthcare provider. View the DHHS Guidance for Self-Quarantine…
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MVJOI8RbnQ

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think you missed some of @Prepper posts.

ETA, nevermind

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are a few people on here that have direct family members who have it. I guess I should start keeping a list because this question has come up before.

Paul455

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spoke with a former customer who's driveway I've been plowing while his house was for sale. He recently moved back to NJ and opened a business in NYC. As soon as the shit hit the fan and his office closed, he bugged out and brought his family back to Windham. Incredibly grateful to have a place to hide with his infant son.

As much as it hurts to use them, set up an account on Walmart.com and fill your grocery cart with things in stock. First thing tomorrow morning, like 5-6 am you can have your choice of pickup time slots the next day. Drive up delivery service.

Regular prices, not Peapod or Instacart gouging.

Target will do the same with staples.
Won't shop at Walmart no matter what. They are on by boycott list because of 2A.

Rating - 50%
1   1   0

I know 2 people with Covid-19. 1 is a bank teller, the other is an EMT.

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I hope they heal quickly, but I don't think that speaks to my point. Are either of them NES members, or family of an NES member, or a close friend of an NES member (someone you would die for)?
I mean no, I like my customer and all but I really don't give a shit about his ex-wife. I didn't know I had to want to die for the person for them to exist. The other is my cousin's partner, said cousin is in quarantine now. I probably would not die for the partner either for the record.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There are a few people on here that have direct family members who have it. I guess I should start keeping a list because this question has come up before.
Just found out brother in laws cousin and his wife are + in the 01915. She was in Italy in December.

Eta, she is Nurse, not on the front lines but currently an instructor at a nursing school.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NH up to 137....Rockingham county hit hardest by far

I dont think anyone actually believes that Nashua actually only has one case......

Still 712 test samples that the NH PHL has yet to process.......at this rate anyone in that 712 is going to recover or expire before they get their results........

Commercial labs sound like they're a bit more rapid to process.....its a different process to be fair.

No news on the new machines/process that is in works up at DH that Sununu mentioned end of last week.

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My brother in law was in the hospital in Worcester yesterday and was diagnosed with fever and pneumonia. He’s in health care.

Wasn’t given a test, instead, they sent him home to ride this out in bed so we’ll probably never know unless he’s at death’s door.

Luckily, his wife is treating him like he has the Wu-Flu and he’s been confined to another part of the house.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NH up to 137....Rockingham county hit hardest by far

I dont think anyone actually believes that Nashua actually only has one case......

Still 712 test samples that the NH PHL has yet to process.......at this rate anyone in that 712 is going to recover or expire before they get their results........

Commercial labs sound like they're a bit more rapid to process.....its a different process to be fair.

No news on the new machines/process that is in works up at DH that Sununu mentioned end of last week.
What's the deal with Coos County? Population of 2?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother in law was in the hospital in Worcester yesterday and was diagnosed with fever and pneumonia. He’s in health care.

Wasn’t given a test, instead, they sent him home to ride this out in bed so we’ll probably never know unless he’s at death’s door.

Luckily, his wife is treating him like he has the Wu-Flu and he’s been confined to another part of the house.
Same thing happened to my cousin. Also a hospital worker (nurse I think). Also was not given a test, they just assumed it was ronas and is riding it out at home.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
except at least on paper, they expire.

Metrowest shopping musings....MB in Hudson, no iso, sanitizer, peroxide or fresh baked french sticks or distilled water.

Produce was plentiful, bottled water as well, they had 3 pallets of MB paper towels, and half an aisle of MB TP in 6? 8? packs

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Driving down Rte 1 and the SE expressway on Wed 3/25 during what normally would be the evening commute, there were just a handful of other cars on the road. Eerie to see the Square One mall parking lots completely empty. Same with the other strip malls along Rte 1. Vast empty parking lots and closed businesses, when everything should be bustling. Guess this is how economic devastation looks. The supermarket in Saugus was lively. The restaurants that were open for takeout and delivery, even the fast food chains, looked desperate.

Top Bottom