Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Before the Kung Flu, having 200 rolls of TP was just solid prepping. Maybe a little whack but perfectly acceptable.

After the Kung Fu, having 200 rolls of TP is depriving others of vital supplies?

If everyone had gradually built up supplies they need to live, years ago, then EVERYBODY would have 200 rolls of tp and there'd be no panicking.

Yes, I know it's just a meme. But I don't accept that being prepared to be reasonably self sufficient is anything but prudent.
Key difference between stockpiling and hoarding is whether you deprive others. Building a surplus gradually over time hurts nobody.

lancecolonel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i live in a tourist town where lots of 2nd homes are owned by out-of-staters...the locals are up in arms about people crossing state lines to bug out to 2nd homes...these same locals who routinely cross state lines to shop tax-free to this very moment. i understand not wanting wu flu imported but it's already everywhere. if i had a 2nd home or a camp in a rural area i'd be bugging out to it as well.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Tractor supply in Bentwood NH was out of chicken food. Supposed to get restocked Thursday. Everything else looked good. Tons of dog and cat food.
Was not happy with the order in advance for pickup. Had to go to the desk in the middle of the store and interact with the staff more than grabbing the stuff on my own.
Plus they shorted me the chicken food and I had to go get cracked corn as a replacement.

Paying at the register for the cracked corn was actually better that the pickup option. The cashier scanned it rang it up then stepped back when I swiped my card.
If you want to limit interaction stack your stuff so they can scan it and go to the register. The order in advance for pickup wasn't worth it.
I had no problem getting my local (usually unhelpful) Tractor Supply to drop my online purchases right into my open trunk. A mask, gloves, and own pen made the “Just sign here...” part of the transaction more tolerable. I have found if you Just explain how you want interact before hand it cuts down on the variables...

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i live in a tourist town where lots of 2nd homes are owned by out-of-staters...the locals are up in arms about people crossing state lines to bug out to 2nd homes...these same locals who routinely cross state lines to shop tax-free to this very moment. i understand not wanting wu flu imported but it's already everywhere. if i had a 2nd home or a camp in a rural area i'd be bugging out to it as well.
I wonder how many of them are for open borders, but now want the out of staters gone

a NY license plate is going to be treated worse than a MAGA hat. [laugh]

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's bigger of them than I'd be. I'd still donate the space, but being made in an icky gun shop, I'd send the stuff to places that enjoy my usual production runs.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I live in Western Mass. Traveled 5 minutes to the next town over to get a couple pizzas. I counted literally FIVE NY plates in the short rural distance. I was amazed.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Depending on where in the state you are, check out your local Buy Local, SEMAP down here where I am. They should have accurate info on where to buy local and who has produce/meats/etc. now. If you’re in southeastern mass, should me a PM and I can let you know directly. It’s my job after all.
Yes and if you go into their policies you’ll find out they are all LIBERAL NUTJOB type farmers.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes and if you go into their policies you’ll find out they are all LIBERAL NUTJOB type farmers.
I would not judge so broadly. I know many of these folks personally and have for many years. Like the rest of the population, they run the gamut on politics and preferences from liberal to conservative. Personally, I evaluate farmers on what they grow, how they grow it and how it tastes, not much else. Do as you will though.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great post. Thank you.

A solution for those with their panties in a bunch over grocery shopping while in quarantine is to offer grocery delivery to those in quarantine.

Bugging out New Yorkers can go to their homes and quarantine. Locals can capitalize and supply food.

I know if I were unemployed I’d be jumping on this

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NH Update

Still sitting at 108 confirmed cases.

Special advisory below for anyone that used Concord Coach Lines......

Special Notice Regarding Potential COVID-19 Exposure on Concord Coach Lines

DHHS has issued guidance regarding potential community exposure of the coronavirus after DHHS determined that a person with COVID-19 was on the following Concord Coach Lines buses:

• 3/11/20: 3:15 AM bus from Concord, NH – Boston Express Londonderry – South Station – Boston Logan Airport
  • 3/13/20: 5:40 PM bus from Logan – South Station – Concord – Tilton – Plymouth – Lincoln – Littleton
  • 3/14/20: 5:00 AM bus from Concord – Boston Express Londonderry – Boston Express Salem – South Station – Logan
  • 3/16/20: 1:40 PM bus from Logan – South Station – Concord

Any individuals who rode on one of the Concord Coach Line buses above may have been potentially exposed to the novel coronavirus and should stay at home and monitor their health for fever or respiratory illness. Any person who was on those buses and has developed symptoms should stay away from other people, and immediately contact their healthcare provider. View the DHHS Guidance for Self-Quarantine…

lancecolonel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I wonder how many of them are for open borders, but now want the out of staters gone

a NY license plate is going to be treated worse than a MAGA hat. [laugh]
it's to the point of being farcical...foreign refugees deserve love and acceptance and whatever financial handouts they want but locals will be damned if that ma**h*** or new yawk refugee gets the last roll of tp at "our" grocery store.
and all this in a town who's population triples every summer. seems the tax dollars can come in but the people that pay those dollars need not apply.

hpm

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Norfolk County, MA / Piscataquis County, ME
We bugged out a month ago to the home we plan to retire to and that we otherwise have been going to most weekends. Less population density, nicer people, more balanced politically. Nobody seems to care that we are technical Ma**h***s.
Same here up in Maine - no one cares about us being Massh... and by the amount of annual property taxes I am paying to the town and local businesses I hired I wouldn't expect them to do.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here up in Maine - no one cares about us being Massh... and by the amount of annual property taxes I am paying to the town and local businesses I hired I wouldn't expect them to do.
"In 1819, Maine split off from Massachusetts. Ma**h***s have been getting their revenge by buying it back, one house at a time."

Paul455

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Instacart Grocery Delivery Update:

Whole Foods/Amazon
- Epic Fail! Cannot find anything, no delivery slots, klugy web site. GRADE is F

Big Y
- Fail. Selection poor, terrible produce, unrealistic delivery promises. GRADE is D-

Wegmans
- Success. Great selection, quality stuff, and 1.5 hour delivery - Grade is A

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's to the point of being farcical...foreign refugees deserve love and acceptance and whatever financial handouts they want but locals will be damned if that ma**h*** or new yawk refugee gets the last roll of tp at "our" grocery store.
and all this in a town who's population triples every summer. seems the tax dollars can come in but the people that pay those dollars need not apply.
Meanwhile on Martha's Vineyard they wanted to go farther than Gov. Baker's advisory, and came up with an edict, for the most part adopted by all the towns. They'd really like the summer people to leave (but not before paying the property/town water tax bills of course).

Allowed:
"Travel required for non-Town residents to return to their place of full-time residence outside the Town. Non-residents in the Town as of the date of this Order are encouraged to consider returning to their full time residences."
Violation of the order is punishable by a $1,000 fine.
Enforcement of the order is left up to police departments and Island health agents.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile on Martha's Vineyard they wanted to go farther than Gov. Baker's advisory, and came up with an edict, for the most part adopted by all the towns. They'd really like the summer people to leave (but not before paying the property/town water tax bills of course).

Allowed:
"Travel required for non-Town residents to return to their place of full-time residence outside the Town. Non-residents in the Town as of the date of this Order are encouraged to consider returning to their full time residences."
Violation of the order is punishable by a $1,000 fine.
Enforcement of the order is left up to police departments and Island health agents.

I suggest you read this article. The hospital on MV has just three ICU beds and "few" ventilators... if someone is worried about getting sick, they're probably better off staying where they are.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Ask Maniac's how welcome out of staters are right now
....and now you're suggesting that its not a horrific idea to go from a state/region under shelter in place orders due to high rates of Wu Flu and go to another state that has low rates of Wu Flu
I have a bunch of friends up north and they prefer I stay home not that I was planning on heading north anyway.
Everything fun is closed but gas stations and the only grocery store for at least a 250K acre area. The little places are taking your order and payment over the phone who will then leave it on the curb. The only hardware store has very limited hours and there is no browsing at all. Get in, get your needs and get out. I’m sure those of us with in house charge accounts could call in the order and pick it up outside.
I don’t know if the only lumber yard is open.
As of this morning there have been no cases in Piscataquis County.

Reactions: jpk

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I spoke with a former customer who's driveway I've been plowing while his house was for sale. He recently moved back to NJ and opened a business in NYC. As soon as the shit hit the fan and his office closed, he bugged out and brought his family back to Windham. Incredibly grateful to have a place to hide with his infant son.

Instacart Grocery Delivery Update:

Whole Foods/Amazon
- Epic Fail! Cannot find anything, no delivery slots, klugy web site. GRADE is F

Big Y
- Fail. Selection poor, terrible produce, unrealistic delivery promises. GRADE is D-

Wegmans
- Success. Great selection, quality stuff, and 1.5 hour delivery - Grade is A
As much as it hurts to use them, set up an account on Walmart.com and fill your grocery cart with things in stock. First thing tomorrow morning, like 5-6 am you can have your choice of pickup time slots the next day. Drive up delivery service.

Regular prices, not Peapod or Instacart gouging.

Target will do the same with staples.

Top Bottom