Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have one friend who believes all the "hysteria" she reads online. Things like you will need a pass to be on the road to show to the cops etc.

Of course I have another friend who just got back from a trip to Africa. Tanzania I believe. Every year she has some medical shit going on. No idea why she decided going to Africa was a good idea other than "they had no cases of coronavirus when we landed" she told me.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We already use chewy. Have for many years. They are OUT and on back order. Gone the way of the TP.
Oh shit. I’m 3 50lb bags ahead ,but thanks for the heads up.

* luv that stretch of road tractor supply is on ,gods country. Best.

Last edited:

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been leaving packages and outside for a few days then opening them and only taking the contents inside. Usually wipe that down or spray with lysol. After reading this up be sure to wipe/spray everything....

There is an important note at the end of the article.

Correction: This story was updated to reflect that SARS-CoV-2 RNA, not live virus, was identified on surfaces in cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tractor supply in Bentwood NH was out of chicken food. Supposed to get restocked Thursday. Everything else looked good. Tons of dog and cat food.
Was not happy with the order in advance for pickup. Had to go to the desk in the middle of the store and interact with the staff more than grabbing the stuff on my own.
Plus they shorted me the chicken food and I had to go get cracked corn as a replacement.

Paying at the register for the cracked corn was actually better that the pickup option. The cashier scanned it rang it up then stepped back when I swiped my card.
If you want to limit interaction stack your stuff so they can scan it and go to the register. The order in advance for pickup wasn't worth it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Correction: This story was updated to reflect that SARS-CoV-2 RNA, not live virus, was identified on surfaces in cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess.
They need to recall the article completely then. Jesus that's some bad info to have floating around for Google to pick up.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks like Maine pulled the plug on upper brain function and pulled a "Cuz Mass Did"......

NH hasnt updated its stats since yesterday

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

The correction they printed doesn't make a lot of sense since "viruses are typically not classified as true living organisms by biologists. Viruses have DNA or RNA and protein but are not able to replicate until they infect a host cell."

The question really is, was what they found 17 days later able to infect people and make them sick?

ETA: Ok, I see they did say, "The CDC said researchers couldn’t “determine whether transmission occurred from contaminated surfaces,” and that further study of COVID-19′s spread through touching surfaces on cruise ships was warranted."

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe prepping has been exposed to the mainstream to a certain extent. Enough for people to be aware of it and what its about but not so much that people buy into it and started prepping themselves. This virus hit and people were like "Oh shit! I need a years worth of EVERYTHING like those guys on tv that we were laughing at!"

Guy I work with has been talking about getting a pistol forever. Ive been encouraging him to get off his ass and do it forever. He never did. Stopped in a gun shop on his way home last week. It was slammed. He finally talked to a guy behind the counter and mentioned a Glock 19. Guy says theyre sold out and he can order one but it wont be in for months. Still didnt order one...
He should have asked for "anything where the boolilts come out of the barrel going really fast."

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, this correction doesn't make a lot of sense since "viruses are typically not classified as true living organisms by biologists. Viruses have DNA or RNA and protein but are not able to replicate until they infect a host cell."
that is basically true. that is why they are pretty hard to kill....they are already dead

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shit. I’m 3 50lb bags ahead ,but thanks for the heads up.

* luv that stretch of road tractor supply is on ,gods country. Best.
No problem. That's why we were checking TS. We have a couple bags, but didn't want to get to the point of running out. We'd get munched on in our sleep. [smile]

We love it up here. Nice and quiet (for the most part). Of course, that has drastically changed as of late. :(

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A couple weeks ago, I had mentioned my wife's next door neighbor going on a $7000 trip to a group tour of Israel. And, well in advance I kept telling Mom over and over again how really super bad of an idea that was. Well guess what. The pastor that led the trip and went with them the entire time tested positive. I don't think this info is public yet, but oh well. We're not yet aware of any test or positive result for the neighbor, but odds are being with the guy for 2 weeks means she has it. Although, it has been about 9 days since the return from the trip so if someone is going to show symptoms, it would be soon. And, the lady somehow managed to break her leg during the trip and came back in a cast. I don't know how long she was in the hospital for or what she may have caught there (or exposed people to if she already had it). Fortunately, she hasn't tried to visit Mom yet, thanks to the broken leg. I suggested Mom give her a call to see how she is and see what she can learn. I hope it works out for the neighbor... I've met her a few times and chatted with her. Super nice terrific old lady. Well, 68 years old I guess that counts for old even though I'm rapidly approaching it.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
He should have asked for "anything where the boolilts come out of the barrel going really fast."
I know right? When he said the guy told him it would be a couple months (I think, I forget how long he told him tbh) I was about to say something like "well at least its on the way" or whatever but then he told me he left without buying or ordering anything, lol.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think online ordering from community farms is becoming a thing:

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Gun dealer in southern New Hampshire said the distributors can’t get guns and ammo and are shut down
He doesn’t expect to be fully restocked on handguns for months
Hmmmm maybe I should trim the collection a little, those 1911s were more of an impulse buy and don't really fit in with the collection [party]

Exactly which shop needs guns?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think online ordering from community farms is becoming a thing:

Depending on where in the state you are, check out your local Buy Local, SEMAP down here where I am. They should have accurate info on where to buy local and who has produce/meats/etc. now. If you’re in southeastern mass, should me a PM and I can let you know directly. It’s my job after all.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
To @M60’s point, the people who own homes in Maine are not unwelcome.
Ask Maniac's how welcome out of staters are right now

You've been wringing your hands about Wu Flu and xmission tates for a month now........and now you're suggesting that its not a horrific idea to go from a state/region under shelter in place orders due to high rates of Wu Flu and go to another state that has low rates of Wu Flu and no shelter in place orders.

Wow....thats some piece of logic

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ask Maniac's how welcome out of staters are right now

You've been wringing your hands about Wu Flu and xmission tates for a month now........and now you're suggesting that its not a horrific idea to go from a state/region under shelter in place orders due to high rates of Wu Flu and go to another state that has low rates of Wu Flu and no shelter in place orders.

Wow....thats some piece of logic
Show me from my posts where I have been wringing my hands about “Wu Flu.”

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Before the Kung Flu, having 200 rolls of TP was just solid prepping. Maybe a little whack but perfectly acceptable.

After the Kung Fu, having 200 rolls of TP is depriving others of vital supplies?

If everyone had gradually built up supplies they need to live, years ago, then EVERYBODY would have 200 rolls of tp and there'd be no panicking.

Yes, I know it's just a meme. But I don't accept that being prepared to be reasonably self sufficient is anything but prudent.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I checked Walmart.com first thing this morning, and found I was able to get a timeslot for curbside grocery delivery for tomorrow. They didnt have any meats available, but I did get shrimp. Good for restocking the veggies and dairy along with some staples though.

And not the rapey Peapod prices!

Top Bottom