Corn Cobb Media

I called Clint in Beverly today as I was low on corn cob grit but couldn't get through; the number was out of service. A little research came up with Fortune Metal Finishing (781-449-4160) in Needham MA. They quoted me a price of $.47 per lb so I bought a couple of 40 lb bags.

The purchase was done on the phone via credit card but the product was stored in two warehouses, one in Worcester and the other in Bridgewater. You have the choice of having it shipped ($40) or pick it up yourself. I opted to drive out to Worcester and pick it up. Warehouse people were friendly and very helpful; the whole process was very pleasant, except for the hour drive to Worcester. These folks could be a valuable source if Clint is no longer in business.

I called Clint in Beverly today as I was low on corn cob grit but couldn't get through; the number was out of service. A little research came up with Fortune Metal Finishing (781-449-4160) in Needham MA. They quoted me a price of $.47 per lb so I bought a couple of 40 lb bags.

The purchase was done on the phone via credit card but the product was stored in two warehouses, one in Worcester and the other in Bridgewater. You have the choice of having it shipped ($40) or pick it up yourself. I opted to drive out to Worcester and pick it up. Warehouse people were friendly and very helpful; the whole process was very pleasant, except for the hour drive to Worcester. These folks could be a valuable source if Clint is no longer in business.

Was it a huge warehouse with a lot of giant rolls of paper?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Is it much more $$ from a local grain/feed store? Thats where I get mine for my lizards and then use for brass too. Lizards really hate the tumbler though.

I prefer 20/40 corn and bought a 40# bag from Drillspot for well under $40. I am about ⅓ of the way through it after 5 years.

Big warehouse in Worcester, but I saw no rolls. Price was $.47/lb which translates into a little more than $18.00 for 40 lbs. Haven't bought this product from a feed store so I can't make a price comparison. I prefer 1014 corn cob grit and go through about 40 or 50 lbs per year.

Back
Top Bottom