"Copy or Duplicate"

Good Evening NES, first post, allow me to introduce myself

My name is Maura Healy My name is zButterless, and I'm back in MA after serving with the Marines for the last several years, where I had the chance to stock up on Glocks and non-rape price ammo.

My question, with my new AR lower in hand and upper on the way, with the attorney general's "decree" aside, the only way these AR builds would violate black and white letter law, would to be a "copy or duplicate" of a Colt AR15. Now, I wasn't a twinkle in my daddies eye when the original ban in 1994 took place, but were AR's still being sold off the shelf, just without the AWB features? Again, regardless of what Healy thinks the law means, how far does "Copy or duplicate" extend really? The dictionary suggests that you would have to build a weapon with those weird triangular shrouds and an integrated carrying handle and the rest of the evil features to meet that definition, but IANAL.

Any thoughts? Thanks and Semper Fi

Hi maura,

The edict isn't law. Duplicate a pre 2016 rifle and move on. Make sure you do adhere to the awb. This is my thought only. IANAL

Let me explain Maura's press conference and website in the simples terms possible

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_CMwj-j-k

That should about cover it.

The legislature makes the laws
The judiciary interprets the laws

Maura's press conference and website are purely first amendment protected free speech and irrelevant.

Let me explain Maura's press conference and website in the simples terms possible

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_CMwj-j-k

That should about cover it.

The legislature makes the laws
The judiciary interprets the laws

Maura's press conference and website are purely first amendment protected free speech and irrelevant.

Less than that. Not even a bill. But dang schoolhouse rock really took me back. Thanks

Has anyone heard of any blow back after registering a post 2016 AR build? I'm getting my upper and lower parts kit and would like to register the rifle to be on the up and up but I don't need anyone knocking on my door either.

Has anyone heard of any blow back after registering a post 2016 AR build? I'm getting my upper and lower parts kit and would like to register the rifle to be on the up and up but I don't need anyone knocking on my door either.
Not that I have heard of. They also don't know if its a fixed mag or not. Alot of variables they don't know.

IANAL. This isn't legal advice.
The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.

IANAL. This isn't legal advice.

Here is a VERY good (lengthy) read about what happens to your form 4473, essentially yes there is a database no it’s not readily searchable and it wont get searched unless a law enforcement or government agency requests it

Back
Top Bottom