Cops should stop carrying Glocks

As one trainer (I forget whom) said:

"Keep your booger-picker off of the bang-switch until it is time to go bang."

Or something pretty close.

the article touts DA/SA but if I recall there was a huge issue with LEO's forgetting to decock the firearm, in which case all the "issues" with a striker fired system are irrelevant.

personally if I had to carry around a huge gun, magazines, gear and all the crap an LEO has to carry, I would want the lightest possible option not a 3 lb brick of a handgun.

"We can't train out officers to keep their fa-nger off the trigger so we need idiot proof guns!"

The problem is systemic! A great minority of 20% of LEOs keep their fa-ngers on the triggers while I'm duress, clearly we need to reevaluate the firearm choices we make. We don't want to alienate the incompetent officers after all.

NY trigger

http://eu.glock.com/english/options_triggerspring.htm

GLOCK TRIGGER SPRING
The optional GLOCK „New York“ trigger springs produce revolver-like trigger action, facilitating the acclimation from traditional revolvers to semi-automatics.

STANDARD All GLOCK pistols are delivered with a standard trigger spring from the factory. It guarantees constant trigger pull resistance over the entire trigger travel.

N.Y.1 The GLOCK „New York“ trigger has its name from the New York Police Department. It facilitates officers changing from revolvers to pistols. Increases trigger pull weight from 2,5 kg / 5.5 lb. to 4,9 kg / 11 lb.

N.Y.2 The N.Y.2 trigger spring is even harder than the N.Y.1 trigger spring. The user will obtain a continuous very hard revolver-like increase of the trigger pull weight from 3,2 kg / 7 lb. to 5 kg / 11 lb.

Why is nobody talking about the obvious? Biometric wristbands that disable the gun until heart rate and blood pressure drop to safe levels. Before anyone asks, I'll define safe levels as:

BP - 120/80
HR - 65 BPM

I'd say we should monitor adrenaline, too, but I don't think that technology is good enough yet and I don't want to be ridiculous.

Why is nobody talking about the obvious? Biometric wristbands that disable the gun until heart rate and blood pressure drop to safe levels. Before anyone asks, I'll define safe levels as:

BP - 120/80
HR - 65 BPM

I'd say we should monitor adrenaline, too, but I don't think that technology is good enough yet and I don't want to be ridiculous.

Because in a stressful situation you think your heartrate's going to be normal??

Because in a stressful situation you think your heartrate's going to be normal??

The article was saying that in a stressful situation the booger hook automatically migrates to the bang switch. Normal heartrate would imply the stress is gone and the untrainable officer is now capable of not negligently pulling the trigger. I made the assumption that under normal conditions the officers are able to maintain trigger discipline.

BP - 120/80
HR - 65 BPM

Do we have the technology to cross reference palm sweat? We can put the sensors right in the grip for one final check.

The article was saying that in a stressful situation the booger hook automatically migrates to the bang switch. Normal heartrate would imply the stress is gone and the untrainable officer is now capable of not negligently pulling the trigger. I made the assumption that under normal conditions the officers are able to maintain trigger discipline.

Why does everyone call it the booger hook when it's easier to use your pinky finger to pick? [laugh]

ar15_zpsf0276a42.jpg~original

Shit article is shit... the real truth is every firearm worth carrying is unforgiving. (insert beretta cop ND video here).

-Mike

BP - 120/80
HR - 65 BPM

sarcasm, right?

In real-world encounters, a short trigger pull can be lethal, in part because a significant percentage of law enforcement officers — some experts say as high as 20% — put their finger on the trigger of their weapons when under stress.
Should not be cops, then.

Just give all cops blanks! Problem solved! Besides, now when they unload on an unarmed teenager, there's no worries!

If my life and career was at stake and my actions were questionable, I would blame everything but myself too. Put the gun on top of that list, followed by lighting, wind, humidity, ammo, rash on my trigger finger, car backfiring...

Welcome to the Liberal Utopia Bronze Age part 2.

Sickening and to think there are those who want to continue on with this cesspool.

If we are truly concerned about NDs then we should hold officers to the highest standard of firearm handling. No matter what the model.
I posted this originally as a joke but then I thought about it a little more. I know some towns have tight budgets, but I think there would be great benefit to regular training in high stress environments in addition to yearly qualifications.
I'm speaking as an outsider so I don't know what's already in place.
I've heard some cringe worthy stories, and have seen first hand how poor some officers are with their sidearms shooting just at paper.

Oh now I get it. I wasn't gross negligence, it was the short trigger pull that made the CT cop shoot his pregnant wife in the head while field stripping his glock... I don't know how I missed the connection. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom