Cops should carry .500's !!!

If you've ever been to a car shoot, you'll know that sitting in a car just makes you a stationary target.

The car body does NOTHING to protect it's occupants.

Yet, on these same forums, people say that plain denim jackets are enough to plug up a hollow point and greatly reduce its effectiveness. Somehow, I think a sheet of steel is going to significantly slow down a bullet, even if it doesn't stop it completely.

If you've ever been to a car shoot, you'll know that sitting in a car just makes you a stationary target.

The car body does NOTHING to protect it's occupants.

find me a round thats commonly used thats under 50BMG that can go through both sides of a engine block, both brake rotars, the transmission or the axles.

sitting in a car under the assumption that it will protect you is obviously a bad idea, but if you get out of the vehicle and use it as cover in certain spots its a different story.

Ya rims and rotors should slow down any pistol caliber and, I imagine, most rifle calibers too. Deflection too should not be ruled out with the angles and such.

I remember a class I took a while ago when we were debaiting how close is close enough to draw a pistol if someones running at you with a large blade/chainsaw/what have you and you cant get away. The 2-4 min of living after getting shot in the heart surprised us all then. now we got confirmation... if you got the wits and the clear point of aim, two to the chest, one to the head.

Google Tueller Drill, and remember the distance they use is for a trained officer, so a civilian who does not have the level of skill, like the reaction to sidestep, needs to have a longer distance IMHO

17 rounds.... Boy I am so glad there is no crime in MA because those of you with neutered magazines would be up schit creek with 11 in the gun and a 10 round magazine in your pocket

Are they sure that guy wasn't cranked up or on PCP?

Back
Top Bottom