Cops lie, excersized the hell out of those rights tonight, and learned!

am i being detained?

no...

am i free to go?

we just have some questions

am i being detained?

no, we're just talking.

then am i free to go?

This is nothing new and sadly the past ten years any interaction with police out side my LTC application/renewals have not been good. Treated as a suspect, quilty and with serious shit attitude.
I learned the hardway when I was a teenager. My lawyer expressed this greatly after my court hearing.
DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE, Present ID DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH and STFU....

As we all know, practice is the name of the game. We all practice shooting and some of us practice dry fire and drawing and some of us even take lots of continuing ed classes on self defense

But who among us practice dealing with intrusive searches? The cops practice every day and when you're confronted it's likely a once or twice in a decade event, if that much.

We should practice saying "no". We should get together and role play "traffic stop" scenarios. MFS could offer courses, perhaps to train the cop role as well as the driver role.

Supreme Court: Pennsylvania cops no longer need a warrant to search citizens’ vehicle

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_6a407fc6-d077-11e3-8025-0017a43b2370.html

Pennsylvania police officers no longer need a warrant to search a citizen’s vehicle, according to a recent state Supreme Court opinion.
The high court’s opinion, released Tuesday, is being called a drastic change in citizens’ rights and police powers.
Previously, citizens could refuse an officer’s request to search a vehicle. In most cases, the officer would then need a warrant — signed by a judge — to conduct the search.
That’s no longer the case, according to the opinion written by Supreme Court Justice Seamus McCaffery.
The ruling, passed on a 4-2 vote, was made in regard to an appeal from a 2010 vehicle stop in Philadelphia.
Local police and legal professionals are calling the opinion “big news.”

Last edited:
am i being detained?

no...

am i free to go?

we just have some questions

am i being detained?

no, we're just talking.

then am i free to go?

We should practice saying "no". We should get together and role play "traffic stop" scenarios. MFS could offer courses, perhaps to train the cop role as well as the driver role.

Actually a class somewhere on that is not a bad idea. inerlogic's post above is pretty much exactly how I had it playing out in my head if last night ever happened to me, how i actually handled it wasn't even close. I blame that on a long drought of getting pulled over and dealing with cops, never mind getting pulled over for something way beyond a tail light out. Just didnt see that coming at all so between all the confusion and "wtf is this guy talking about" thoughts that whole "am i being detained - am i free to go" circle jerk never entered my mind. It just degraded it into a dick size contest fast.

Actually a class somewhere on that is not a bad idea. inerlogic's post above is pretty much exactly how I had it playing out in my head if last night ever happened to me, how i actually handled it wasn't even close. I blame that on a long drought of getting pulled over and dealing with cops, never mind getting pulled over for something way beyond a tail light out. Just didnt see that coming at all so between all the confusion and "wtf is this guy talking about" thoughts that whole "am i being detained - am i free to go" circle jerk never entered my mind. It just degraded it into a dick size contest fast.

no one rises to the occasion, you fall back to your training.....

So did you still get it done with the "friend"?
I have a kid with her sister so that idea would make make the whole encounter with an entire shift of a police department all over me seem like a relaxing vacation. Pass.

I just assumed there on. I swear my uncle told me they turn on with the lights or some thing else . I might be fuzzy .

Roland what's the deal with the dash cam.

We don't have them, neither does the local PD, sheriff's office, or tribal police. Beyond that, don't bet that it's working, especially when the recordings would work to your favor.

EDIT: Also, nice work by the OP. I just want to mention for anyone that isn't aware, if you do give consent to search, either intentionally or by accident, you ALWAYS have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Additionally, you can limit the consent to only specific locations. So you can say, "You may search my glovebox, but no where else." That would be stupid, though, so it's best to just refuse consent. And to repeat, if you find that you've granted consent without intending to, you absolutely have the right to revoke that consent.

Last edited:
I was "spoken to " at a local diner by a State tropper " wearing a "State police t-shirt" because he said
my " pants were too low and it was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen."
I almost asked him if he had ever seen a napham strike, but I kept my mouth shut.
I pulled my pants up ( I was wearing shorts as it was summer). after saying "huh?".
He later came over and was on the verge of yelling that he was only "trying to prevent me from lo0king stupid, by helping me".( Yea right)
I kept my hands on the counter and looked straight ahead. He bablled something else that I don;t even remember.
I think he was on the "Boston Strong " team. I didn't say any other word besides "huh".
He finally left after ruining my lunch.
TO serve and protect?
ggboy

We don't have them, neither does the local PD, sheriff's office, or tribal police. Beyond that, don't bet that it's working, especially when the recordings would work to your favor.

EDIT: Also, nice work by the OP. I just want to mention for anyone that isn't aware, if you do give consent to search, either intentionally or by accident, you ALWAYS have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Additionally, you can limit the consent to only specific locations. So you can say, "You may search my glovebox, but no where else." That would be stupid, though, so it's best to just refuse consent. And to repeat, if you find that you've granted consent without intending to, you absolutely have the right to revoke that consent.

I seem to recall having read a case where once you have given consent you can't change your mind because that's evidence you were getting nervous about them getting close to finding something... or something stupid like that.

I seem to recall having read a case where once you have given consent you can't change your mind because that's evidence you were getting nervous about them getting close to finding something... or something stupid like that.

I'm not aware of such a case, not saying it doesn't exist, though. To quote my applied authorities instructor at the academy, though, "What consent the subject of the investigation giveth, that consent he may taketh away. For his will be done, and your are his humble servant." Seriously, that's a direct quote. I even wrote it down in my notebook verbatim because I thought it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom