• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops kill Down Syndrome man

Status
Not open for further replies.
they either did a great job and should get commendations or they really screwed it up and should be put on tricycles with parking ticket pads in their holsters. pick one.

Can I ask to cool it down some, remember we have some here that have children and family that are challenged, I don't think it is fair to them at all.

Tim [grin]

Nobody finds it OK. Most aren't saying the police acted appropriately. Most are saying there were many factors that contributed to his death and many things that could have been done by either party that would have avoided it.

I'm saying at cries of NAZI and calls for officers to die a slow death are idiotic and uncalled for. That isn't the same as absolving the officers of blame.

I would sure hope that is the case. That isn't the impression I got from some of the posts. I do hope I am mistaken.

And I agree, saying they should die a slow death is indeed uncalled for. What is called for is to see equal treatment under the law. This preferential treatment crap that certain groups of individuals get needs to stop. That appears to be exactly what happened. I can guarantee, that if the only difference in this case was that the 3 individuals were theater employees and not LEO's, they would have been indicted. Positively.

How often do you hear things like "well, you'll get to see your day in court" or something similar? Well they never even had to go to court (in a criminal trial) for things to be decided. And until universally, people stop being criminal prosecuted for actions that lead to peoples deaths that were 'unfortunate', or 'honest mistakes', or 'accidental', this is evidence of a huge double standard.

The family is certainly entitled to a fair review of all the facts, and it appears they got an investigation with a conclusion that was predetermined.

Last edited:
Care giver advises police that the man is mentaly disabled , check.
Care giver cautions that he does not respond well to force , check.
Care giver informs police that mother is on the way to handle situation, minutes away, check.
Three stooges decide F**k it we're going to do it our way, check.
Guy is now dead , check.
Can't really see why anyone has a problem with this.
The two or three minutes it would have taken for the mother to get there was way too long to wait.
Someones popcorn might have gotten cold or something, perish the thought.
It's not a lack of training that's the problem , it's a lack of humanity.
I feel bad for the good guys I know wearing the uniform that have to be lumped it with tools like these

The problem with the good guys is that while some may thump their chest on forums and make a big stink about how bad this turned out and that there should be some accountability, when it truly comes time for them to stand up and decry these three shitbirds, their cries stay on the forums. "Don't wanna rock the boat", "you don't know how it is", and the rest of the bullcrap that flows forth.

Individually, most cops are decent folks (funny, I'm actually friends with several, and they know exactly where I stand with this new-age idiocy known as "Law Enforcement"). They're not immune from mob rule, however. And they would rather protect their fraternal brothers, than actually do what's right. Go ahead, every one of you cops who are saying this is bad and want to see accountability return...I want to see you, in uniform, make a public statement decrying these a$$hats. But we all know that won't happen, don't we....[devil2] You do that, and I'll be damned if you don't garner some kick ass trust and reputation from your community. Until then....meh....take or leave ya, makes none to me.

How often do you hear things like "well, you'll get to see your day in court" or something similar? Well they never even had to go to court (in a criminal trial) for things to be decided. And until universally, people stop being criminal prosecuted for actions that lead to peoples deaths that were 'unfortunate', or 'honest mistakes', or 'accidental', this is evidence of a huge double standard.

The family is certainly entitled to a fair review of all the facts, and it appears they got an investigation with a conclusion that was predetermined.

This is a little disingenuous.

The Grand Jury was presented with 17 witness statements plus that of the care giver. The Grand Jury had the option to continue the investigation and reconvene, or conclude their investigation, they decided to conclude the investigation. This was not the DA arbitrarily deciding to pass on the case.

This is a little disingenuous.

The Grand Jury was presented with 17 witness statements plus that of the care giver. The Grand Jury had the option to continue the investigation and reconvene, or conclude their investigation, they decided to conclude the investigation. This was not the DA arbitrarily deciding to pass on the case.

As I was not on the grand jury nor do I have access to transcripts of the proceedings, both your and my opinion on how it went down are speculative. We don't quite no how it went down. You may be right.

With that said, I think the DA probably handled it with with very specific intentions. Those intentions being presenting the facts in a way that would encourage a no bill. As I said, they like to play fast and loose with the facts. As a grand jury doesn't usually get to see all the facts, only the ones presented, it is usually fairly easy to get or not get a decision you want so long as it is not so ridiculous in the first place. I stand by my contentions based on what I have read. I still could be wrong.

joeendris
I won't disagree with you there.
More of the good guys need to start speaking out.
Hell even if it's handled in house and not in public, as long as it's handled.
Back room of the station blanket party? [wink]

Last edited:
As I was not on the grand jury nor do I have access to transcripts of the proceedings, both your and my opinion on how it went down are speculative. We don't quite no how it went down. You may be right.

With that said, I think the DA probably handled it with with very specific intentions. Those intentions being presenting the facts in a way that would encourage a no bill. As I said, they like to play fast and loose with the facts. As a grand jury doesn't usually get to see all the facts, only the ones presented, it is usually fairly easy to get or not get a decision you want so long as it is not so ridiculous in the first place. I stand by my contentions based on what I have read. I still could be wrong.

Fair enough. As I have said if a new investigation presents evidence to the contrary I'm prepared to eat crow.

if the victim happened to be black the DA would have indicted the three cops and their ham sandwiches.

if the victim happened to be black the DA would have indicted the three cops and their ham sandwiches.

I can't believe how people stoop this low.... Black people dont get DS. [laugh]. Ok, but seriously, did you read anything about the OP & subsequet posts? #188 is a start

I can't believe how people stoop this low.... Black people dont get DS. [laugh]. Ok, but seriously, did you read anything about the OP & subsequet posts? #188 is a start
you need to wake to the new reality before its too late. black victim dead, Eric Holder calls DA, DA indicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's fault is it that he didn't pay the ticket and disrupted the movie?
yea guilty as charged, off to the ovens with him.

you need to wake to the new reality before its too late. black victim dead, Eric Holder calls DA, DA indicts.

- - - Updated - - -

yea guilty as charged, off to the ovens with him.

Yeah. Because that's what I said. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, though.

People who aren't miserable scumbags should be able to make exceptions for severely developmentally disabled people and not act like heartless ****ing monsters.

Exactly my point. At the end of the day, though, the officers were removing an unruly patron from an establishment at the request of the establishment. If there wasn't an unruly patron with an unqualified care give in the private business, there wouldn't have been an issue.

A private business shouldn't be held hostage by one person.

- - - Updated - - -

How ironic that the guy supporting the cops who snuffed out a handicapped buy is calling other people Nazis. Now that's rich [rofl]

Right. Nobody but you is allowed a position. NAZI.

If I want to go watch a movie in peace, and the business owner wants to show me a movie in peace, any freedom loving citizen should feel it's not ok for a third party to disrupt that transaction.

After some thought, this seems like Maryland 2-207 would certainly apply, though legal language it is always fun to try and decipher.

§ 2:207

feloniously [kill and slay], without malice aforethought. A person who commits manslaughter is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to:
(1) imprisonment not exceeding 10 years; or
(2) imprisonment in a local correctional facility not exceeding 2 years or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom