• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops In CA Illegally Selling "Off List" Guns

Am I mistaken or didn't our president assure us last weekend at the NRA convention that the assault on the second amendment had come to a crashing end? That there would be no more attacks on law abiding gun owners? I would also hope that the offer also included cops. Maybe next time that states try a gun grab with a cop carveout, maybe the cops should think long and hard before agreeing with the special carve out.

Am I mistaken or didn't our president assure us last weekend at the NRA convention that the assault on the second amendment had come to a crashing end? That there would be no more attacks on law abiding gun owners? I would also hope that the offer also included cops. Maybe next time that states try a gun grab with a cop carveout, maybe the cops should think long and hard before agreeing with the special carve out.

From what I've read, along with the BPD cop who got nabbed for selling his friends Glocks, it seems like these actions were all initiated under the previous administration and this has just been the end result. Both of them being Federal investigations, rather than state.

Though you do make a good point here. Would be nice to see the BATFE go away for good.

From what I've read, along with the BPD cop who got nabbed for selling his friends Glocks, it seems like these actions were all initiated under the previous administration and this has just been the end result. Both of them being Federal investigations, rather than state.

Though you do make a good point here. Would be nice to see the BATFE go away for good.

He does wield executive power over agencies including the ATF. Maybe he should get them to back off? Funny how the Obama era rules on gun purchases seem to be affecting cops.

He does wield executive power over agencies including the ATF. Maybe he should get them to back off? Funny how the Obama era rules on gun purchases seem to be affecting cops.

Perhaps because cops have ensured through lobbying that they are in a place (legislatively) where they have access to firearms that commoners can't?

The more severe the restrictions become in a state, the more money there is to be made in using your status as a LEO to work around them, and the greater the chance that some enterprising cops will take advantage.

Frankly, if it's let go and becomes seen as a common, legal income stream for cops, it'll become a lot more common. I have no problem with this - they're getting treated the same way Joe Blow would if he made a bunch of straw purchases or acted as a dealer without a license.

57 isn't a ton of guns, but who knows what the average markup is? $500? More? And is that a year's worth of shit he plans to sell, or a month's?

Perhaps because cops have ensured through lobbying that they are in a place (legislatively) where they have access to firearms that commoners can't?

The more severe the restrictions become in a state, the more money there is to be made in using your status as a LEO to work around them, and the greater the chance that some enterprising cops will take advantage.

Frankly, if it's let go and becomes seen as a common, legal income stream for cops, it'll become a lot more common. I have no problem with this - they're getting treated the same way Joe Blow would if he made a bunch of straw purchases or acted as a dealer without a license.

57 isn't a ton of guns, but who knows what the average markup is? $500? More? And is that a year's worth of shit he plans to sell, or a month's?

I don't care if a cop is making money on the side by using his/her LEO powers to circumvent bad laws. It just proves to me that they are bad laws and should be repealed. An individual selling a gun from A to B is not where the government needs to concentrate it's magnifying lens. I think the Obama era (sell X guns and you're a criminal) is/was a bad decision and now some poor sap is caught up in the middle. I don't care if the person is a cop or a peasant. It doesn't make any difference. The problem is an out of control, over meddling, federal government getting itself involved in states with stupid gun laws.

I don't care if a cop is making money on the side by using his/her LEO powers to circumvent bad laws. It just proves to me that they are bad laws and should be repealed. An individual selling a gun from A to B is not where the government needs to concentrate it's magnifying lens. I think the Obama era (sell X guns and you're a criminal) is/was a bad decision and now some poor sap is caught up in the middle. I don't care if the person is a cop or a peasant. It doesn't make any difference. The problem is an out of control, over meddling, federal government getting itself involved in states with stupid gun laws.

Except that it increases the separation of the protected class and the proletariat.

It just proves to me that they are bad laws and should be repealed.

If this mattered even a little bit I would agree. But the fact that they're bad laws that should be repealed doesn't mean they will be. So for as long as they exist, they simply serve to create a separate class with a separate set of rights. And that's intolerable to me. Anything that chips away at that separation is OK by me.

Some dipshit activist judge in the 9th circuit would probably just overrule him again, I'm sure. Cos racism, y'know. [rolleyes]

The cache of weapons was an enormous haul that took two trucks to cart away.

On Sunday, a federal registry of potential forfeited assets listed 57 firearms that were seized from the home of Lt. Vasken Gourdikian, who most recently served as the Pasadena Police Department’s spokesman and an adjutant to Chief Phillip L. Sanchez.

57 guns is "an enormous haul"? [rolleyes]

It is nothing more than a decent collection.

I have a problem with cops breaking the law. I don't care if it's good law or bad.

And for the most part the cops organizations speak out in favor of the BS laws, kind of a conflict of interest if they are going to be profiting by circumventing the law.

Resigned after 22 years, is that a full pension? Certain will be getting some money.
30 days for two felonies, and all other charges dropped.
Somehow I just don't feel justice was served.

Sure wish the goal would be "educate, not investigate" if one of us peons violated 18USC922 technicality.
A sales person at a local shop said the he sold some of his personal firearms at the Tampa gun show. He said that he sold two of them to dealers, and one privately. One turned up as a crime scene gun. He said that the ATF gave him a "warning letter" about selling privately and needing a license.

Back
Top Bottom