• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cop sues Glock

According to the US Army, there's no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent one.

Therefore the cop was negligent and has no grounds for a lawsuit.

So much fail, almost every Police agency that allows weapon mounted lights, mandate that the light only be installed or removed on an unloaded weapon. YMMV

Must've been one of those Glock fortays...

And even that jackass filed a lawsuit against the DEA....

Judge Bounces Lawsuit Filed By DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Leg During Gun Demo

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought by the DEA agent who shot himself in the leg during a gun safety demonstration and later became a punch line when video of the incident surfaced online and was widely broadcast on TV.

Agent Lee Paige, 50, contended that the leak of the video--for which he blamed DEA officials--amounted to a violation of his privacy rights. However, in a December 29 order, Judge Jack Shanstrom rejected that claim and dismissed Paige’s U.S. District Court complaint in its entirety. Paige, who worked undercover, claimed that the video’s distribution resulted in him becoming the “target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments” everywhere he went.

Paige, who sued the DEA nearly five years ago, shot himself during an April 2004 presentation to parents and their children at the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association in Orlando, Florida. As seen in the above video, which was shot by an audience member who later turned his Mini-DV tape over to DEA agents, Paige displayed a handgun to the crowd and remarked, “I am the only one in the room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock 40.”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster...d-dea-agent-who-shot-self-leg-during-gun-demo

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit I was gonna post that video!

"I am the only one in this room, that I know of, professional enough to carry this glock fo-tay"
Lmfao![rofl]

I'm sorry, but do any of you ever work on your gun while they're loaded?? This isn't even the old "I was cleaning my gun and it just went off" routine, where someone might assume that their gun wasn't loaded if they were dumb enough not to visually inspect the chamber. This guy was at a RANGE working on the gun, which most ranges don't allow for that very reason, and didn't clear it, and must have pressed the trigger. The only thing he is victim of is his own stupidity.

I can't decide if my favorite part in that video is when he snaps his fingers as he's limping after he shoots himself, or when the little kid in the background is yelling "put it down!" when the woman is about to hand him the rifle

This is ripe for any cop in ma . To cash in on as well. Since our queen AG decreed glocks unsafe in Ma. But still lets cops use them. Only a matter of time.

Its it's a sure fire way to get that early disability pension and the house in Florida.[laugh]

I just don't get how you can work on a loaded gun and blame the manufacturer.

The correct term that needs to be used is negligent. He had a negligent discharge of his firearm. Clear and safe empty weapon he did not have cause he failed to make it so. Finger off triggered until you are on target. You can't polish a turd, enough said.

It says he purchased it , so I assume it was not his dept. issued piece.
It's reasonable to assume then he wasn't forced to buy it or carry it.
If he wanted he could have bought a pistol with a manual safety.
He chose not to and violated most every tenant of gun safety.
In other words...

Huh...my 12 year old girl held a Glock today and guess what. I didn't go off because she knows the rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glock needs to destroy him in court otherwise the money grubbing class action attorneys will start massive lawsuits.

I can't decide if my favorite part in that video is when he snaps his fingers as he's limping after he shoots himself, or when the little kid in the background is yelling "put it down!" when the woman is about to hand him the rifle
The part where he wants to walk it off and go to the rifle was pure gold

- - - Updated - - -

The correct term that needs to be used is negligent. He had a negligent discharge of his firearm. Clear and safe empty weapon he did not have cause he failed to make it so. Finger off triggered until you are on target. You can't polish a turd, enough said.
would be awesome if a judge pulled out a Glock and showed them how to clear it properly and dismissed the case within half a minute.

I don't always modify my firearm while mishandling it, but when I do I make sure it's loaded and I point it at myself.

[thinking]
tiz9p.jpg

It seems like IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE's FAULT
never take responsibility for your own stupidity,,,,, no pay off in doing that
Cops have been trained that they could only have an accidental discharge with the fault being anything but themselves personally. Blame the gun, ammo, training or someone near you.

Larry Jones, a cop from Cherry Valley, Arkansas, was injured when his pistol unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light

No, he was injured when HE UNEXPECTEDLY DISCHARGED HIS PISTOL into his foot. The way they always write this stuff in the passive voice is right up there with "clips" and "gunman" for me.

"Larry Jones, a cop from Cherry Valley, Arkansas, was injured when his pistol unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013."

Non-PC version.

"Redneck forgets to unload pistol and shoots himself while duct taping flashlight to barrel."

This Larry Jones would be the most hated man on the force if Glock took this opportunity to go full retard and refuse sales to all LEAs.

Back
Top Bottom