• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cop recalls weapon retention fight with cop killer

GSG

From

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=881592&catid=391

"All of a sudden I remember getting hit in the face...like I've never been hit before. It just felt like something had exploded into my face and I remember everything going black, completely black."

The blow knocked Longbehn's radio on the ground. He couldn't call for help and Jones was hitting him with a large metal bolt wrapped in a bandana.

The cop's nose and eye sockets were broken in this fight, but he didn't quit until he prevailed.

A grand jury cleared the officer?!? Why the F was a grand jury assembled? This cop was CLEARLY justified in killing this POS. I only wish he could have killed him twice.

He couldn't call for help and Jones was hitting him with a large metal bolt wrapped in a bandana....

At some point, there was a break in the beating. Longbehn got to his feet, lifted his gun and tried to fire. But there was a problem.

"The gun malfunctioned. It didn't shoot," remembers Longbehn.

Here he was, in a fight for his life, with no way to protect himself. Kody was in the squad car and couldn't help.

Longbehn then remembered a technique from training.

"I remember tapping and racking a new round and then coming back out again and I just kind of extending my arms out like you do in training and pulling the trigger and I remember the gun actually going off. And I remember distinctly the gun went...boom."

He fired twice more and it was over. Jason Jones was dead.
Bet that was the loudest click he ever heard. Scary dude

A grand jury cleared the officer?!? Why the F was a grand jury assembled? This cop was CLEARLY justified in killing this POS. I only wish he could have killed him twice.

In these circumstances, it is actually good to go to a grand jury. It gives the politically minded DA cover for his decision and gives the people a say in the decision in order to cut down on the appearance of favoritism. I understand your sentiment though, if there is no evidence the cop acted in malice, then how can the DA even try to seek an indictment.

Back
Top Bottom