1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Cop Arrests Sobbing Nurse for Doing Her Job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by endus, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endus

endus

1 person likes this.
  2. highlander

highlander

Another case of "I don't care what the law is it's what I say it is.

3. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

cop needs a dirt nap.

3 people like this.
  4. Lcstyle

Lcstyle

it's not the cops fault he's just doing his job, following procedure.

Arresting nurses today, setting up gestapo checkpoints tomorrow, all in a days work.

2 people like this.
  5. new guy

new guy NES Member

So the cop was trying to take blood from an unconscious trucker (who wasn't suspected of a crime) without a warrant and the nurse wouldn't let them? And the cop in question lost his shit when the nurse's supervisor backed her up and chose a path other than bowing down to his authority? If true I hope he gets smeared on the side of the road at his next traffic stop.

2 people like this.
  6. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

That's going to end poorly for that PD.

7. Stape

Stape

Cant see the video. What was her "alleged" crime?

8. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

They arrest a nurse for protecting the rights of a patient , and in California they pay gangbangers taxpayer money not to kill people. You have to ask yourself, has the whole f**kin world gone crazy ??????????

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. new guy

new guy NES Member

Interfering with an investigation.

10. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

contempt of cop.

2 people like this.
  11. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

Not understanding. Clearly there are protocols in place for this. This is not the first time this has happened. Being ignorant, what are the legal protocols here???

12. GaryO

GaryO NES Member

I see a big paycheck in that nurses future. POS cop has a hair across about something.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Protocol #1 - GET A WARRANT.

Seems they need to start at 1 and go from there. LOL

1 person likes this.
  14. browncoat

browncoat

This is the thing that boggles my mind. On video one of the cops asks why they don't get a warrant AND THE OTHER COP SAYS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE PC

this is absolutely indefensible - and the cop who did it is still active duty.

15. endus

endus

What she says in the video, and is apparently written on the paper she has, is that the hospital has an agreement with the police that they can draw blood under 3 circumstances.

I believe it was if they have a warrant, if they are suspected of a crime, and if they give consent. None of which were true in this case.

I have an enormous amount of respect for the nurse for doing this.

1 person likes this.
  16. robjax

robjax

I think the cops says we want the blood. You say it once that you need a warrant. He insists...You give him the blood and tell the patient's defense attorney that the blood was obtained without a warrant. She's a nurse not a lawyer. Policy says what it says. She stated that and he didn't care. Do what he says and it cannot be used as evidence. Why get your panties in a bunch. He'll get screwed fro blowing the case.

17. new guy

new guy NES Member

Something is broken in this country (or at least that state) when a cop can walk into a hospital after a traffic accident and fully expect to be able to jab a needle in an unconscious patient's arm and walk out with a blood sample, no warrant required. His little temper tantrum and the arrest of the nurse trying to uphold hospital policy and protect the unconscious patient make it clear that Detective Jeff Payne is a power-tripping psychopath who needs to be stuck behind a desk at minimum.

2 people like this.
  18. browncoat

browncoat

Do you trust a court to throw out bad evidence? I don't. I wouldn't be surprised if a court specifically ordered a defense that they weren't allowed to talk about how the blood was obtained. See what the courts did in the Bundy related trials.

19. robjax

robjax

During a traffic stop even if I am right and have the law on my side is the side of the road the best place to argue with a cop? There is no difference here.

20. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Exactly. Given the state of the government and the legal system these days - I would fight giving a blood sample with everything available.

Once they have it - all they have to do is say in court: "the blood sample showed he was legally intoxicated your honor".

Now you're stuck fighting every single part of the system to prove them wrong.

If they have no blood sample - then they can't lie about it.

There's been a number of cases over the last few years showing crime labs completely botching their processes or outright lying about what the results were. Once they have the blood sample - you could completely screwed - innocent or not.

Trust NOBODY.

2 people like this.
  21. VetteGirlMA

VetteGirlMA NES Member

What I think is needed in this country is a lifetime ban on all police officers like that. It's not enough to fire them, they must be prevented from acting in any official capacity whatsoever, even if we're talking about a mall cop. That guy needs to learn how to be a ditch digger instead of a cop. I hope that woman makes millions from the lawsuit.

4 people like this.
  22. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

There is a difference.

Get pulled over to the side of the road by an enraged cop who doesn't like the way you look or the color of your car - and if both of you have cameras - go to court and show the evidence.

With any luck (you might need it) - you'll get a good judge and he or she will toss it.

Give the "system" a blood sample though - and if they lie about what's in it, lose it and substitute it with something else, tamper with it in anyway to modify it - etc, - and the "evidence" that shoots out the other end of that government shit-pipe shows you're "guilty" - well then good ****ing luck getting that fixed.

How much money do you have? You're going to need ALL of it to prove the whole thing bogus.

In the first case you're just fighting a single officer - and all you need is a camera.

In the second case you're fighting the entire system

Good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you're not a taxpayer in that town.

That's who will be paying the freight on this whole thing.

23. VetteGirlMA

VetteGirlMA NES Member

What can you do when a city or town hires Officer 'Roid Rage and gives him a badge and 'authoritah? The city hired this crackpot, so the city has to pay. Like I said what this country needs is a national bad cop registry. You go on the list, and you're done for. Good luck with the ditch digging job.

2 people like this.
  24. knfmn

knfmn

So, you're saying that you should be complicit in the illegal actions of the cop when he is trying to draw blood without a warrant? Interesting. How far do you carry that line of thinking? "Well, your honor, the police officer told me to inject the patient with the windex. I know it is illegal and shouldn't be done, but he insisted." A great part of the problems we're having with police in this country is because of years and years of the public being told to shut up and do what the nice officer tells you to do. It leads to power kicks like the one the cop here obviously has. You honestly think the cop would get screwed for blowing a case? Not a chance. He tried to illegally assault an unconscious man and he DID assault a conscious woman and there has been no punishment or repercussions for his behavior. I guarantee you that the most that will come out of this is a letter in his file after a "thorough internal investigation". If it wasn't the end of summer, he might get some paid time off while they investigated. Since we're heading into fall, he'll probably just be quietly kept elsewhere for a few months and then he can go back to business as usual.

1 person likes this.
  25. browncoat

browncoat

This is exactly why we need people to resist just like this, to raise awareness and start changing things. I read a lot of case law. I can get worked up by judicial malfeasance. One of the things I've discovered when sharing cases that I found shockingly egregious is that most people either do not have the time to read them or do not have the ability to understand them or simply can't get emotionally invested in legalese. A video like this though? People can understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  26. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

absolutely, but there should also be criminal charges. Let him spend 30 days in jail. Then he can look for work as a janitor or something.

1 person likes this.
  27. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

Dirtbag cop. I am not a cop hater in general. I have the utmost respect for the ones who obey the law and do their jobs properly but this "tough guy" assaulting a female nurse is nothing but a coward. I wonder if he would have been so aggressive if the nurse were a 6'7" 350 guy. Freakin' thug needs to take the badge he hides behind off and take the ass whooping he deserves.

1 person likes this.
  28. robjax

robjax

you're a nurse in a hospital....video the event and take two samples. give him one and let the state do their analysis and keep one and do your own analysis. If the reports conflict then there is reasonable doubt.

Still not sure why the cop is busting on this guy when they were chasing the guy who died. Unless I read it wrong...

29. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

Agreed but the "justice" system never holds bad cops fully accountable it seems. I wish the good cops would stand up more. This stuff is giving them a black eye too.

1 person likes this.
  30. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.