• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cooper Scout Rifle Theory

I’ve been looking for a video online, but am coming up short. Do you have a link to anything hosted online?

Gone. They are all gone. Oh well.

That was a strange time in gun TV. It was a plethora of hunting shows and Am Shooter. And that infomercial for the NRA that ran in 2000 or 2002. Every waking hour of the weekend, you could catch that infomercial. It was pretty well done and helped bring about the changes we see today. (That's why when people b-word about the NRA, I think back to that one infomercial. 1/2hr long. Pushed a LOT of marginal gun people into 2A.)

In my observation and experience, the Scout Rifle concept was twenty or thirty years too late and only really has any purpose for a very narrow band of people - Jeff Cooper himself.

A;ways looking for my next project...

A Ruger Scout in 308 looks promising Ruger® Scout Rifle Bolt-Action Rifle Model 6829 But is it really worth $1k+? Presumabl, the action and trigger are already super so you don’t need any upgrades to be fully happy.

I just got a Primary Arms 1-6x24 FFP ACSS for my FN FAL and like it a lot - it would go nice on a scout rifle.

Back
Top Bottom