• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cool Find!!

Found this gem while checking one of the areas I hunt yesterday! I was walking down the deer trail and I found the pelvis and half of the spine first and I started looking around some more knowing that with this being a coyote kill normally the main carcass is left at the sight while the legs/head are carried off...well I was stomping down the ferns combing the area and I find the other half of the spine and the almost full skull intact! I have it sitting in peroxide bleaching out now! This totally got me in hunting mode!
Pic-08062013-001.jpg

its a shame that the deer got waisted. a lot of the time that's from a poorly placed shot which left the deer injured and he gets taken down by the yotes. my brother found one just like it once. ive found four nice racks but never a whole skull that's a good score.

Its awesome finding stuff like that In the woods. I have never found a skull with antlers but have found a single shed.

This was found after the Ma. deer season 30 yards off the road,a few years back.It appeared to be what was left of a road kill.What I found looked to be a few months old,with scattered bones and no flesh or hide.One side of the rack was broken off and did not find it. Another few yards and it would of made it to the Rod & Gun Club! Deer 001.jpg (253.7 KB)

Back
Top Bottom