• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cool find under butt plate.

I picked up a JC Higgins 103.18. When I removed the stock I found something interesting and this caused me to remove the butt plate for another find.

Looks to include names of battleships.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429488277.067564.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429488289.531257.jpg

That's almost too cool to put back on.

There's probably enough info there to find the original owner.

It would require some serious time and digging around though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too cool , and I have that model gun.
no scope , it's my favorite small varmint tack driver.
hundreds of proverbial notches on her.
now I gotta go take down the stock,
and see if it holds any secrets!

That's almost too cool to put back on.

There's probably enough info there to find the original owner.

It would require some serious time and digging around though.

I started looking, lots of jack's listed whom served on those ships, also tried looking for a marriage date as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started looking, lots of jack's listed whom served on those ships, also tried looking for a marriage date as well.

Jack can also = John

It's doable depending on your determination and completion of military archives and marriage records.

People have been have been traced down with a lot less info than that.

I don't have the patience or time, but it would be pretty awesome if you or someone else did.

My Dad served on USS Leyte. She was CVS-32.

Skulen iz besd lefd tu teechuz.

All of the WWII Essex class carriers, including the Antietam and the Leyte, were originally commissioned with the designation "CV". Later they were re-designated "CVA" (Attack). Those that were modified for the anti-submarine warfare mission were again re-designated "CVS" (Anti-submarine). Both Antietam and Leyte and some time during their careers were classified as CV, CVA or CVS

Back
Top Bottom