• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

conversion revolvers

Short of being a cowboy shooter, there is none. Or maybe a gang-banger that wants to go EXTRA-OG.

But a 58 Remmy at BPS is $350. A Kirst cylinder is $300. Woot!!!! You've got yourself a non-reloadable $650 gun.

But if you like a Remmy grip-angle, and you live in MA, you're SOL for a repro 1875. Your only choice is a 58 and drop a conversion cylinder in it.

You can also convert a 36 cal Colt repro. IIRC, those you get a gated revolver BUT you have to use HBWC bullets b/c the .36 caliber bbl is too wide for normal 38cal bullertz.

Outside of cowboy shooters and people who are fans of that era weaponry, there is no attraction at all. It's cheaper to build a P80 if you want an untracable gun. (Because the BP's are usually serialized anyhow. Not that it's tracked, but the powers-that-be LOVE serial #'s. Because on Law & Order, you can totally catch a guy by the next commercial break with nothing more than a serial #.)

I have no problem with "Cowboy Shooters" - at all.

It's just that you can probably count the number of people in New England that enjoy that sport on one hand.

And even if there you were one, why not a Ruger Vaquero ?

5104.jpg

They're first class and are on the Roster.

I'd like one myself, but simply because I enjoy retro.

Last edited:
Conversion revolvers are not on the Ma approved list so you'd have a hard time finding a dealer willing to sell you one but that doesn't mean you can't legally own one. Making your own would be expensive and having a gunsmith do it if you're not handy would be even more expensive. Finding one for sale privately in Ma would be the best bet but unlikely. I like the way they look and would like to have one for that reason alone.

It's just that you can probably count the number of people in New England that enjoy that sport on one hand.

5104.jpg

Sometimes you want to go full authentic. As good as a Vaq is, some guys still spend $1,000 or more for a Colt. Others shoot conversions.

There are more than a handful of CAS in NE. Not as much as a decade ago, but they are out there.

This is MA. The legality of owning (or doing) anything depends on how wealthy and well connected you are.
Hell, with enough connections you can even get drunk, drive off a bridge, and leave a hooker to drown

Me ? Even my legally purchased, locked and properly stored guns probably have me in violation of some obscure, undecipherable regulation. If not, they're working on it on Beacon Hill, I'm sure of it

EC0252B4-5C66-4EEC-B6D1-BD66261E80A2.jpeg

5104.jpg

My primary guns from my SASS days, Ruger Vasquero Bisleys.

Back
Top Bottom