• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conversion Barrels?

daveyburt

NES Member
Hi,

I'm looking for experiences with conversion barrels for the glock. I know of Lone Wolf, Storm Lake, Barstow, and I heard that Remsport(?) makes one.

For those of you who have them, or have tried them, what are your experiences with each?

-Any others I'm missing?

thx!!

EDT: When using your conversion barrel for smaller calibers, do you use a lighter slide spring?

Last edited:
I have heard good things about lone wolf. I believe its just a matter of barrel and magazine but I do not personally own one, I always used a friends. I am sure someone will be along with first hand info soon.

I've used Lone Wolf and Barstow with great results. I put in a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion bbl in my G22. Took a firearms class using that handgun w/ the 9mm bbl and put over 500 rnds down the pipe that weekend without any issues at all.

I also have a Barstow 357 Sig and 9mm drop in conversion bbl for my Sig 229. They all function pretty much flawlessly in the sig. The quality of these were top notch. Best part is that the 357/50 mags also can be used for 9mm in the 229s. Great three caliber handgun!

Maybe I'm lucky, but I've no problems with using conversion barrels.

For Glock, if your going from 40 to 9 you need a conversion barrel. If your going from 40 to 357 sig you just need a standard Glock barrel. Although getting another brand will let you shoot led.

I have one made by KKM Precision for my G27 that uses conventional rifling and has a fully supported chamber. Very accurate and I can shoot lead all day long.

I had a 9mm conversion barrel for a Glock 22 that I bought from Remsport. Good stuff.

I put a factory 357 Sig barrel in a Glock 27 - worked flawlessly.

I currently have a Glock 21 with a Storm Lake 10mm conversion barrel. It shoots great, but I'm still sorting out occasional feed failures and inconsistent ejections. At a guess, I've only put 300 or so through that setup. Work in progress......

Oh, and I've got a conventional rifled KKM barrel in 45ACP for that G21, too. That one dropped in and functions perfectly. I wanted a better supported chamber for messing around with 45 Super.

Go with Remsport. They sell the overruns here and at the gunshows. They make them for one of the big conversion barrel companies.
They are very nice and you can get threaded, ported or normal. Safe to use with lead ammo too. They are all CNC machined and fit perfectly.
Just search for Remsport user and send John a PM and he will hook you up. Run you around $65 I think.

I've used Lone Wolf and Barstow with great results. I put in a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion bbl in my G22.

Did you use the G22 slide as well? Patrick Sweeney's Glock book says you would need a G17 slide because of the different breechface diameter of the two cartridges. A recent Guns and Ammo article said you just need to replace the barrel.

Did you use the G22 slide as well? Patrick Sweeney's Glock book says you would need a G17 slide because of the different breechface diameter of the two cartridges. A recent Guns and Ammo article said you just need to replace the barrel.

Used the same slide that came with the G22. Worked perfectly. Did have to use G17 mags, but for the handgun the bbl was drop in and fire.

used a Lone Wolf 40 to 9 conversion in a G23 for over a year w/o one single hiccup.

for mags, i preferred to use G17/G19 mags because i have OCD and didn't want to use my .40 mags (two were carry mags, the rest were range mags)... but i did run ALL my .40 mags with it to see if they would work, which they did.

downside: erractic ejection patterns, mostly overhead or really proximal to the face. use your hat, glasses and a tight fitting t-shirt. -even though it's an easy fix by changing out the extractor

thanks for the inputs!

I had some previous experience with the Lone Wolf. The experience was occasional stove pipes. Didn't know if it was just me.
-Was wondering if other barrels have better performance.

I think I'm going to give a Remsport version a whirl...

Go with Remsport. They sell the overruns here and at the gunshows. They make them for one of the big conversion barrel companies.
They are very nice and you can get threaded, ported or normal. Safe to use with lead ammo too. They are all CNC machined and fit perfectly.
Just search for Remsport user and send John a PM and he will hook you up. Run you around $65 I think.

Remsport makes barrels and slide for Lone Wolf Distributing.

Breechface size only matters when you try converting to a caliber of larger size. If the cartridge is smaller than the breechface diameter then it just sits there supported by the chamber.

thanks for the inputs!

I had some previous experience with the Lone Wolf. The experience was occasional stove pipes. Didn't know if it was just me.
-Was wondering if other barrels have better performance.

I think I'm going to give a Remsport version a whirl...

They're the same thing...

I picked up a Remsport 40-to-9 at a gun show about a year ago.
Shot about 300+ rounds though it.
Need to use 9mm Glock mags. 40SW mags don't feed right.
Cheaper then other brands and shoots fine for my needs.
Zero Problems. Zero regrets.

Back
Top Bottom