• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Contest: Wanted - One Well-Turned Phrase

American Gunsmithing Institute - AGI - are the people who do those neat video Armorers Courses. They've just announced a contest.

NEW AGI Contest - Win a FREE Practical Gunsmithing Course with Tools!!

Yesterday I sent out a long Joke/Description of "Are You a Gun Nut". It was funny and I could personally relate to a few too many of the items on the list (NO I am NOT telling which ones) and from the feedback apparently so could many of you. But you know it got me thinking about WORDS and the Power that they have over us and society.

As I noted in that same e-mail, I don't really like the Term "Gun Nut". I think it cheapens the Values we have and makes us look like a bunch of dangerous freaks. I exchanged e-mails with a few of you over this and that made me think that we should come up with our own term. So I decided to Start a CONTEST and throw this open and see what we seriously can come up with.

After all words are the way the Liberals win. They reinvent words and use them constantly until they reshape the debate and change people’s minds. Think of what the Homosexuals have done with “Gay” and then if you are against the "Life Style Choice" you are labeled “Homophobic” – What a load. And Think about “Assault Weapons”, "Cop Killer Bullets", etc. So they win a war of words. And to the uninformed it can change the way they think and vote.

So WE need some better words to describe our HONORABLE – Red Blooded American position. Let’s put our thinking caps on.
The Prize will be a Complete Practical Gunsmithing Course with Certification and Tools (a $497 Value)

The rules are simple: We want to come up with a phrase or term that is Positive, Simple, Easy to Remember and Accurate that we can use to reposition ourselves from being "Nuts" to being what we really are The Heart, Soul and Defense of our Country and Freedoms. So give it a shot. The AGI staff will decide the winner. Contest will end February 28, 2006. If we get more than one of the same wining "Phrase" the first one that we receive will be the winner. Send your suggestions to [email protected]

Here's a starting list submitted by Rich Lovin:
Practicing Constitutional Rights Enthusiast
Defensive Empowerment Expert
Patriotic Defender
Concord Bridge Supporter
Homeland Security Enthusiat
Projectile Analyst
Remember the Alamo, and Winchester, and Remington, and .....
Ballistician
Armsanthropist
Weaponsologist

Let’s See What YOU can come up with!

Best, Gene Kelly, President American Gunsmithing Institute -AGI

Back
Top Bottom