• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Contemplating a new holster....

I IWB carry my glock 30 during winter time but it is so damn un-comfortable..... Im thinking about getting a fobus padle holster... thoughts??

I assume for concealed.... I find paddle holsters stick out pretty far away from the body and jiggle around a bit, especially the lower quality ones like Fobus. If I was going to OWB concealed, I would probably be looking at something more like a raven concealment.

What are you carrying in now, I have a G30 as well and carry it daily without issue, I know different strokes for different folks but with a piece as heavy as a 30, what kind of holster you use makes a huge difference with regards to comfort.

I don't like paddle holsters, and I don't like fobus. What's your price range, do you have a need to take your holster on and off, and do you have a preference for leather, kydex, or nylon?

Im not sure a fobus paddle holster is the answer...

Get a nice, tight fitting leather OWB holster for winter. I carry IWB in summer months out of necessity...but OWB is 100x better in every way in my opinion. A nice Desantis OWB leather holster is perfect when you're wearing thicker winter clothes anyway.

What IWB holster are you using and are your pants 2" bigger? I find the Crossbreed holster to be far more comfortable than other IWB holsters.

I'm not a fan of paddles. If you want an OWB holster, get something with belt loops.

Pancake owb. Rides tight to the body,
Fobus... I think everybody who carries has a fobus in the holster drawer. There are some complaints about the retaining system on the net. If kydex at all ( I don't like it because it can be hard on the gun's finish), I'd make my own.

I carry the Tuck This II by DeSantis. For IWB, I wanted nylon, not leather or Kydex. I've had it for about a year and really like it. Adjustable angle, and it's soft enough to be comfortable but holds its shape so re-holstering is not an issue.
image_preview.jpeg

I carry the Tuck This II by DeSantis. For IWB, I wanted nylon, not leather or Kydex. I've had it for about a year and really like it. Adjustable angle, and it's soft enough to be comfortable but holds its shape so re-holstering is not an issue.
View attachment 60641

What do you carry in it ? I ask because with the weight of the G30 I have found the single point of attachment to be really uncomfortable. Just too much weight sitting in one spot. With a super tuck syle you get the advantage of two wide attachment points as well as the large leather backing giving some additional friction to take up some of the heft.

What do you carry in it ? I ask because with the weight of the G30 I have found the single point of attachment to be really uncomfortable. Just too much weight sitting in one spot. With a super tuck syle you get the advantage of two wide attachment points as well as the large leather backing giving some additional friction to take up some of the heft.
That sounds legitimate. I carry a Springfield XD compact (technically, the sub-compact, but in the newer version they removed the 'sub' and just call it 'compact'). It's pretty light, I suppose, with its smaller size and polymer frame.

View attachment 60641

I've been itching to grab one of these and try it out, I love how its got the little spot for a spare mag.

Sorry for the above photo - I thought it looked funny. This is what it really looks like.
opplanet-desantis-right-hand-black-tuck-this-ii-m24ba77z0.jpg
That photo shows the adjustment/locking bolts.

I've been itching to grab one of these and try it out, I love how its got the little spot for a spare mag.
I got it for about $25 with a free flashlight at opticsplanet.com (I googled an online coupon for 10%). I figured even if I didn't like it, it was a pretty cheap mistake. Turns out, I love it and haven't felt the need to look for anything else.

I carry my SR9c in a Crossbreed holster around 4:30, but prefer to carry my HK P30 in an appendix IWB around 1:00. The AIWB holster I use is the PHLster Access. I find concealing a larger gun is much easier when appendix carrying. Although, it doesn't work as good if you have any sort of gut.

I have a P99 and use a Don Hume for iwb, and a Hume JIT Slide for owb carry. I can carry my full size or compact in the same holster which is nice. I am tall and thin, so I prefer iwb year round. I do use a paddle Fobus when I am just throwing it on quick to take my dog out, otherwise that is just a range holster.

I love the Nate 2 Tactical. index Any returns are easy with all postage payed by them. The originally sent me a non-tuck version when I ordered a tuck. Several of my friend also have them. Very comfortable even right against your skin.

I bought an old faithful stage 2 for $40 delivered and it's extremely comfortable. Easy to put together and it's holding up very well after about 8 months.

have a fobus paddle does not fit close enough for concealed carry.. Bravo makes a nice owb cc holster.. Iwb i use crossbreed its nice.... However i love the 5.11 holster shirts you can find them for 49.00 on amazon often... It is very secure and cumfy for me.. my go to as long as i am in more then a tshirt..

Fobus paddle is lousy for carry... I use mine for the G27 to open carry while at the range, but thats it. I just picked up a crossbreed IWB copy by FOXX holsters, and it seems pretty good so far. quality is ok.

I am one one of those individuals lucky enough to have a little extra "natural concealment" thats sits above the butt of the gun and hides things nicely with an untucked shirt. I think skinny guys with a tucked shirt might print a little. But jeans and a polo and im gtg.

Back
Top Bottom