• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

container question

sacksjacked

NES Member
Looking for some suggestions for some storage containers, with a decent air seal. Not necessarily food or ammo related, but just in general. Any suggestions on a storage container with a decent air seal. Thanks in advance for your insight guys!

Standard 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. If you can't find the lids locally, they are widely available online. Anything sensitive should get sealed in mylar bags first. Or you could go Pelican or Otterbox, though I think that's beyond what you're asking for.

Last edited:
If its not food grade as you said try the orange home depot buckets with the rubber gasket lid, they will work well. Test it, fill one with water, seal it and flip it. I havent had one that was properly sealed leak on me.

Sent from my phone, blame auto spell for the havked ip words...

Could also use 6" pvc pipe with an end cap on one side and a female adapter with a screw cap on the other side. Just make sure to use pvc glue.

If its not food grade as you said try the orange home depot buckets with the rubber gasket lid, they will work well. Test it, fill one with water, seal it and flip it. I havent had one that was properly sealed leak on me.

^ This. These are cheap, readily available, and work great.

I've read so many different things about whether they're food grade or not...but if you'll be putting food in them just make sure to use mylar and you'll be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom