• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Contacting Your Reps

ALL CON,

I have read a lot of the posts about connecting your reps. I have called Duval's Office, Moores, and Frost's Office as well and personally spoke to Senator Brewer. Frost and Brewer seem to be on board. Duval-well why waste the electronic ink. Moore-still reading it.

Besides Brewer, I have spoken to legislative aids. I just wanted to add my two cents and throw out some ideas of when you call.

1. Call your rep and send an email-do both. And contact both their field office and State House Office. Brewer said his email was jammed with over 70 emails after MLK Day. If you talk to an aid, I have found that leaving your number and wanting them to call you back seems to get their attention.

2. If you are a veteran let them know that you served your country. I told Devals Office that the governor sent me off and welcomed me back from Iraq and is now going to make me a felon with the stroke of a pen. There was an uncomfortable silence on the other end of the line (not my end)

3. Got children let them know as well-anything you can do to make yourself become more personal instead of just a voice on the phone.

4. I also used Mr. Linsky's "facts" that this bill will only affect 8% of the people in Mass-thats 600,000. I mention that many will get turned into criminals for doing nothing wrong than following the law all their lives.

Thats just my thoughts..still have to contact Murray's Office.

contacting your reps question

So I finally sat down and wrote my letter, now who does it go to ? Can someone help with names/address ? Letter is directed to Mass Pol's, will adjust for others....I'm in Waltham, Middlesex County. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom