• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Contacted DPMS Today Re: Mags

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move.

Sorry if this a dup. I tried searching but my google-fu has been weak as of late.

I email DPMS to ask if they had any way to ID pre-ban and/or post-ban mags they make. Like special floorplate markings or date codes of any kind on the body and what not. The answer was:

No we do not have any markings SORRY

Thanks,

Mark Imholte | Customer Service
DPMS Firearms, LLC

3312 12th St SE

St. Cloud, MN 56304

Phone: 1-800-578-3767

Fax: 1-320-345-9249

IIRC, I thought I saw a article about DPMS using a certain floorplate during the pre-ban era.
My question is do I just say any DPMS mags I may, or may not have are pre-ban and that's the end of it.

Squeeze

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move.

Sorry if this a dup. I tried searching but my google-fu has been weak as of late.

I email DPMS to ask if they had any way to ID pre-ban and/or post-ban mags they make. Like special floorplate markings or date codes of any kind on the body and what not. The answer was:

No we do not have any markings SORRY

Thanks,

Mark Imholte | Customer Service
DPMS Firearms, LLC

3312 12th St SE

St. Cloud, MN 56304

Phone: 1-800-578-3767

Fax: 1-320-345-9249

IIRC, I thought I saw a article about DPMS using a certain floorplate during the pre-ban era.
My question is do I just say any DPMS mags I may, or may not have are pre-ban and that's the end of it.

Squeeze

I mean no offence by this, but... Why do you worry about stuff like this? Obviously I certainly DO NOT advocate breaking the law. However if you haveAR mags that ARE NOT clearly date (or otherwise) marked indicating they are post ban, whats the worry? If you (an active "gun nut") would need a "decoder ring" to figure out when they were made, do you think the average LEO in MA will instantly know thier pedigree during whatever casual encounter you/your mags may have with a LEO? The flip side of the coin being if your mags are under such great scrutany by "the law" (so as that they are now using the super secret post ban mag decoder ring) you have A LOT more going on than a possible post ban mag possession charge...

It doesn't.

However, you can't discount the possibility that there are LEOs who know that all C-Products mags are postban.

It doesn't.

However, you can't discount the possibility that there are LEOs who know that all C-Products mags are postban.

Ok. [grin]
Also as it were I was not discounting that possibility you speak of, I just tried to cover it in my blanket "or otherwise marked" indicating they are post ban...

It doesn't.

Do you think that those LEOs know that C-Products sells rebuild kits? Unless they catch you with a new C-Products magazine in its original wrapper, I don't know if they would have a case.

Yes, but would you like to be detained for several hours and possibly have to defend yourself at a trial to make that point?

Yes, but would you like to be detained for several hours and possibly have to defend yourself at a trial to make that point?

I wouldn't say you should go out and do it to make a point, but actually assuming you were to go the C-products rebuild route on some legit preban mags, and through some truely unlikely set of circumstances the "legality" of your mags came into question, #1 I suspect "suspect" mags would be the least of your worries, but be that as it may, you have a pretty easy/solid defense "yes sir here is my invoice from C-products showing I bought from them 25 rebuild kits"

Yeah, but the hassle isn't worth it when there are literally millions of more verifiably pre-ban AR-15 magazines out there.

Back
Top Bottom