• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Crisis: Los Angeles County Latest To Close Gun Stores

Reptile

NES Member
The Second Amendment is under total assault as deputies go door-to-door telling gun shops to shut down
Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva officially announced on Monday that gun stores are not deemed “essential” businesses and will be forced to close.
FOX 11 Los Angeles reporter Bill Melugin said the sheriff “is beginning to close county gun stores immediately. Deputies are currently going to the stores one by one to order them shut down. Sheriff to utilize scofflaw violations for any gun store still open after he deemed them nonessential.”

“We will be closing them, they are not an essential function,” Villanueva told Fox 11. “I’m a supporter of the 2nd amendment, I’m a gun owner myself, but now you have the mixture of people that are not formerly gun owners and you have a lot more people at home and anytime you introduce a firearm in a home, from what I understand from CDC studies, it increases fourfold the chance that someone is gonna get shot.”

Sheriff Villanueva also told Melugin he’s concerned about “first time buyers are panicking and bringing guns into homes where people are locked down, which he believes is recipe for disaster with potential accidental shootings.”

This is a great time to have stocked up over the last several years. I have no interest in entering a gun shop under these conditions.

LA is backing down vs facing a Constitutional challenge.

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Sheriff told FOX 11 on Tuesday night that enforcement efforts to close down local gun stores have been suspended after intervention from the county’s legal counsel.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva told FOX 11 reporter Bill Melugin that county counsel Mary Wickham issued an opinion that gun stores can be classified as essential businesses under the Governor’s statewide executive order.

Sheriff Villanueva everything is now in “limbo”, and added he reached out to the Governor’s office to get clarification on how gun stores should be classified, but never got a response.

Up until the legal opinion, Villanueva said a majority of gun shops were complying with his order to close down.

The Sheriff maintained that he believes gun stores should not be open to the general public right now because he feels there are too many first time buyers making panic purchases of guns they don’t know how to operate and they aren’t familiar with California’s strict laws.

“You can’t shoot a virus,” Villanueva said.

This is why we have a constitution and lawyers... the amount of stupidity coming out of the mouth of that "public official" is astounding. Afraid of too many new gun owners.

So reading that , did that POS just admit his reasons for closing the shops had nothing to do with the virus ?
You can bet your ass if things went sideways down there, he and his boys would be the first ones to beat feet into the sunset.
Wouldn't be the first time there the good citizens got left out for feed for the animals, now would it?

If you don’t already have one you are late to the party
This is a great time to have stocked up over the last several years. I have no interest in entering a gun shop under these conditions.

These statements exactly! ^^^^. Although I am not hopeful, after this crisis everyone who successfully purchased a firearm or tried to and failed should realize that one must be 2A stocked up prior to the crisis event.

I’m not hopeful though because I see constant runs on things like snowblowers and generators after storms and power outages. People don’t seem to learn.

Perhaps some people,going forward, will get the message and have “resources” before the next emergency hits. And pay more attention to anti-gun legislation too.

After reading lots of threads here as well as news feeds on the internet, I poured a glass of bourbon, went down to the armory, opened the safes and ammo cabinets and sat with a warm fuzzy feeling. It’s good to be prepared!

Sheriff is pissed he’s not invited to photo ops with mayors and Governor. He says no one is following politicians request but would follow authority of the sheriff! What an ass hat !

Actually many rights in the constitution are out the window in a lot of places. 2A with the closure of firearm stores in most states, the right to assemble - especially when a “crowd” is now limited to 2 people, TX basically just banished abortion as they were determined to be “elective” procedures.

So, with the stroke of a pen (or pens), lots of RIGHTS aren’t Rights anymore. The precedent all this sets is very scary. What’s next, freedom of speech?

After reading lots of threads here as well as news feeds on the internet, I poured a glass of bourbon, went down to the armory, opened the safes and ammo cabinets and sat with a warm fuzzy feeling.

It's nice to sit with the family gathered around and let them know you love them. [smile]

Just what we need... The sheriff using his precog powers to engage in prior restraint against potential now gun owners. People will be fine without the sheriff's help. We already have laws on the books to provide for criminal and civil liability for an untrained, new gun owner who misuses their firearm. Just as liberal judges have used Trump's public statements as a pretext for divining intent in his administrative actions, the LA Sheriff should have his words used against his department in court.

My alternate take is that the Sheriff doesn't want those gangbangers with badges working for his department to face additional danger in their "second careers."

Just what we need... The sheriff using his precog powers to engage in prior restraint against potential now gun owners. People will be fine without the sheriff's help. We already have laws on the books to provide for criminal and civil liability for an untrained, new gun owner who misuses their firearm. Just as liberal judges have used Trump's public statements as a pretext for divining intent in his administrative actions, the LA Sheriff should have his words used against his department in court.

My alternate take is that the Sheriff doesn't want those gangbangers with badges working for his department to face additional danger in their "second careers."
They will have to be.
Based on past history there, if SHTF , the red blur in the distance will be the tail lights of his car headed out of the city.

Back
Top Bottom