Constitutional Carry tracker.

“Constitutional carry states, allowing the concealed carrying of handguns with no permit requirements, have experienced even larger declines in murder rates.“

Here in LA, Constitutional Carry clears House Committee and will be voted on by the full House of Reps tomorrow (4/20)

Don’t you wish they could skip ahead? We know how this will go, house and senate pass it and asshat governor vetoes it, Override votes are scheduled.

The only question will be can they get the cowards who changed their votes last time to stay with their affirmative vote.

I hope you get it this year, fingers crossed.

Don’t you wish they could skip ahead? We know how this will go, house and senate pass it and asshat governor vetoes it, Override votes are scheduled.

The only question will be can they get the cowards who changed their votes last time to stay with their affirmative vote.

I hope you get it this year, fingers crossed.
Thank you. I am not optimistic, but will keep the pressure up on our Reps and Senators and pester the Governor as well.

And do it all again next year and the year after until it gets through. Take a page from the left’s playbook.

Senate bill (more restrictive than bill that passed the House - residency requirement) being voted on today here in LA

Last edited:
That will probably get removed in a conference.
Hopefully. Senate vote moved to Monday. No action now. When conference starts, I will be contacting my State Rep (not bad in this) and State Senator (true conservative). Will see what happens this time.

Hopefully. Senate vote moved to Monday. No action now. When conference starts, I will be contacting my State Rep (not bad in this) and State Senator (true conservative). Will see what happens this time.

The key will be the sponsors of the bills really whipping other members and getting them on board. Edwards is a dick. He knows it will be law with the next governor, he should just sign it now and dispense with the virtue signaling

The key will be the sponsors of the bills really whipping other members and getting them on board. Edwards is a dick. He knows it will be law with the next governor, he should just sign it now and dispense with the virtue signaling
Totally agree. Especially, if he has ANY designs on shooting for a Senate seat here. He is term limited (at least has to take 4 years off - will have to sit out the 2023 Gubernatorial election) so will need to do something else at the height of his political career

Totally agree. Especially, if he has ANY designs on shooting for a Senate seat here. He is term limited (at least has to take 4 years off - will have to sit out the 2023 Gubernatorial election) so will need to do something else at the height of his political career

With how the national democrat party is, there is no way a dem will win a senate seat in Louisiana.

DeSantis promises to get constitutional carry passed before he’s done as governor. If he put his weight behind it, the legislature should make it a priority

Senate Bill (SB143) passed 28-8 today here in LA.

Sent to the House. I assume that they will have some sort of conference to reconcile differences between House and Senate bills, hopefully removing the residency requirement in the Senate bill.

What were the vote for and against last year? What’s the number needed for the override?

What were the vote for and against last year? What’s the number needed for the override?
2/3 (67%) to override. Last year was about 70% in both chambers IIRC.

Two Repubs in the House defected and blew up the override last year. Greater majorities so far this year with 70% in House and 77% in the Senate

2/3 (67%) to override. Last year was about 70% in both chambers IIRC.

Two Repubs in the House defected and blew up the override last year. Greater majorities so far this year with 70% in House and 77% in the Senate

Are those turncoats still in office or have they been replaced?

Porked again this year

Sigh.
how is that level of head-fake even allowed within any form of parliamentary procedure? Does LA have some rule about how many laws they're allowed to consider in a given session? Why wouldn't they vote on the actual proposal (however that geos) then separately propose the new one?

how is that level of head-fake even allowed within any form of parliamentary procedure? Does LA have some rule about how many laws they're allowed to consider in a given session? Why wouldn't they vote on the actual proposal (however that geos) then separately propose the new one?
Not sure. Passed Amendments on the fly to gut the bill that had already passed the House and gone through committee in the Senate. Once again betrayed by weak-kneed Repubs

The legislative session ends Monday, so nothing will happen this year.

Privileges or Immunities was killed by the Slaughterhouse case well over 100 years ago. Justice Thomas wanted to resurrect it in (I think) McDonald, but he was the only one.
Just looked this up.

In 2010 the Court rejected argument in McDonald v. Chicago to overrule the established precedent of Slaughterhouse and decided instead to incorporate the Second Amendment via the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom