• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

Democrats in Nebraska filibustered constitutional carry. It received 31 vote, I believe 9 against. It needed 33 to advance. That’s a heck of a threshold for a filibuster. 31-9 and it still doesn’t advance?

Constitutional carry has been reintroduced in Louisiana and is moving along. It cleared the house and senate last year by super majority but the scumbag democrat governor vetoed it. A few cowards changed their votes during the override vote so it failed. It will definitely pass again and be vetoed, the override vote will be key.

View: https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status/1514031741123670029?cxt=HHwWmsC9xZn29YIqAAAA

View: https://twitter.com/GA2Aorg/status/1514027518491348996?cxt=HHwWiMC-vbSA9IIqAAAA
FQLPgPxWYAEZ-GN

Democrats in Nebraska filibustered constitutional carry. It received 31 vote, I believe 9 against. It needed 33 to advance. That’s a heck of a threshold for a filibuster. 31-9 and it still doesn’t advance?

Constitutional carry has been reintroduced in Louisiana and is moving along. It cleared the house and senate last year by super majority but the scumbag democrat governor vetoed it. A few cowards changed their votes during the override vote so it failed. It will definitely pass again and be vetoed, the override vote will be key.

There are still plenty of gun owners here that think that people carrying without training. Very sad.

Anyway, I hope that this passes this year. Time will tell. We will elect a new Governor in Nov 2023, so we may have to wait two more years but that is all good. Hey, the left introduces legislation every year even after being defeated and eventually it gets through. Need to play the long game here

There are still plenty of gun owners here that think that people carrying without training. Very sad.

Anyway, I hope that this passes this year. Time will tell. We will elect a new Governor in Nov 2023, so we may have to wait two more years but that is all good. Hey, the left introduces legislation every year even after being defeated and eventually it gets through. Need to play the long game here

I hope they get it done in LA this year but as you said, it will happen, the only question is timing. I think PA, MI, WI, NC just need a GOP governor and they’ll pass it. I think it will get to 35 states, then a few others could in time. The crazy states like MA CA NY NJ MD etc will need a miracle or court order which isn’t likely anytime soon.

I don't understand this sentence. Try reading it out loud to yourself. ??

I hope they get it done in LA this year but as you said, it will happen, the only question is timing. I think PA, MI, WI, NC just need a GOP governor and they’ll pass it. I think it will get to 35 states, then a few others could in time. The crazy states like MA CA NY NJ MD etc will need a miracle or court order which isn’t likely anytime soon.
I'd like to see MA just go from "may issue" to "shall issue" at this point. Baby steps. Unfortunately, I see no movement in that direction.

I'd like to see MA just go from "may issue" to "shall issue" at this point. Baby steps. Unfortunately, I see no movement in that direction.
Ha. My grammar sux. Sentence is supposed to say that there are many gun owners here in LA that don’t trust their fellow citizens to conceal carry without a govt permission slip or some level of required training

MA will probably be shall issue after SCOTUS decides the NY rifle & pistol vs bruen case this June. The case involves NYs may issue scheme which will, likely, be found unconstitutional. That will affect Massachusetts but will likely require a lawsuit. There are 8 may issue states, they’ll need to become shall issue after June. How SCOTUS decides that case will determine the specifics going forward.

I think that people should get training and I think that they should get to the range to practice.

I just don't want the government at ANY level to set the standards for that. Which is why I think it's ridiculous for people to talk about having one nationwide license to carry issued by the federal government. Imagine what someone like Merrick Garland could do with the power to set training and certification standards to carry.

To be fair, I don't trust people carrying without training either. I don't want a law to address that, I'm just sayin'...

As you note, they won't go shall issue without a fight. The state still doesn't recognize Heller fully.

MA will probably be shall issue after SCOTUS decides the NY rifle & pistol vs bruen case this June. The case involves NYs may issue scheme which will, likely, be found unconstitutional. That will affect Massachusetts but will likely require a lawsuit. There are 8 may issue states, they’ll need to become shall issue after June. How SCOTUS decides that case will determine the specifics going forward.

As you note, they won't go shall issue without a fight. The state still doesn't recognize Heller fully.

As important as the decision in NYSRPA vs bruen is SCOTUS and appeals courts enforcing Heller, NYSRPA and the directives of how to view 2nd amendment cases. The 9th circuit has completely ignored heller too.

SCOTUS put some magazine and AWB cases in que/on hold while they decide NYSRPA. I want non cripple mags!

I expect binding signage to become a reality here until it becomes a big thing annoying minorities in urban areas.

I expect cases against any public transit agencies which ban carry because of the disproportionate effect of disarming city dwellers as public owned enterprises.

I expect binding signage to become a reality here until it becomes a big thing annoying minorities in urban areas.

I expect cases against any public transit agencies which ban carry because of the disproportionate effect of disarming city dwellers as public owned enterprises.

OK, I'm not quite 100% on my game. Can someone please stitch these together for me? What parts of Heller are not recognized, how does it affect "binding signage" and "annoy minorities in urban areas"?

What about the rest of the state?

I’m not sure of binding signage. I definitely think they increase licensing fees (poll tax to hurt the poor and discourage people) and require more classroom time, live fire, etc. if they can’t stop it by govt bureaucracy, they’ll add as many hurdles as possible and the courts allow.

OK, I'm not quite 100% on my game. Can someone please stitch these together for me? What parts of Heller are not recognized, how does it affect "binding signage" and "annoy minorities in urban areas"?

For one the phrase firearms in common use. Scalia was dictating that all common use firearms and parts where protected by the Constitution. Courts have ignored that completely in AWB and mag cases.

The most obvious to me is that you need a govt permission slip to have a firearm in your home. Heller basically ruled that you have a Constitutional right to have a firearm within the home. Shouldn’t need to go get an LTC to exercise this right

Heller struck down "safe storage" requirements which MA ignores. Along with lawful simple possession within the home, which MA ignores.

Binding signage is a problem in urban areas because people typically don't have cars with them to park and store firearms with them. Same issue with public transit. As a city dweller, more likely to be a minority, goes about their day -they are either denied travel or the ability to patronize businesses because of binding signage or no carry policies due to not having private transport/vehicular storage available to them. This would make them second class citizens in a way suburban or rural citizens wouldn't be as inconvenienced.

“Even so, law enforcement must still perform their duties and serve the public, so finding out how to make up for the loss in revenue will be important.”

Umm, cut your budget. Pretty simple. I’m sure there are lots of fat in their budgets, now they can finally cut that.

“Even so, law enforcement must still perform their duties and serve the public, so finding out how to make up for the loss in revenue will be important.”

Umm, cut your budget. Pretty simple. I’m sure there are lots of fat in their budgets, now they can finally cut that.
Gee they might actually have to work. Boo friggin hoo.

If SCOTUS mandates shall-issue, the current may-issue states will be as minimally compliant as they possibly can. They will foot-drag, be sued, lose, drag some more, lose, fail to comply, lose...

If SCOTUS mandates shall-issue, the current may-issue states will be as minimally compliant as they possibly can. They will foot-drag, be sued, lose, drag some more, lose, fail to comply, lose...

That’s what DC did and they were sued again. It’s imperative SCOTUS enforces their decision

Back
Top Bottom