Constitutional Carry tracker.

Most southern states have a lot of restrictions on guns still on the books. Those states were almost completely controlled by racist democrats (I know that’s redundant) for over 100 years and as we know gun control has a very strong l8nk to racism. Texas had liberal democrat governors into the1990s and no ability to conceal carry until the1980s. Those southern states are getting much better but there’s still a good amount of bad laws still and there are liberal hellholes in all states were they are certainly not pro 2A
Slight correction: carrying a handgun "on or about one's person" was totally prohibited in Texas until January 1, 1996; at that time it became legal if one had an official permission slip.

The exception before that was when "on a journey". That term was never defined in statute or by statewide case law. As a practical matter, a white woman with a pistol in her purse going to the grocery store two blocks from her home was on a journey. The black man halfway between El Paso and Texarkana was not.

All the Southern states turned "shall-issue" when the laws were equally enforced.

Texas adopted concealed carry when G.W. Bush became governor. The legislature had passed it at least once before, but then Gov. Anne Richards (D), had vetoed the bill and there were still enough Democrats to block and override.

For the record, the state that started the CCW movement was Florida in 1986. Remember also that New York was one of the first states to ban carrying firearms for personal defense. The Sullivan Act was passed in order to protect organized criminals in NYC from citizens who might resist being extorted or robbed.

In most of the southern states, concealed carry of handguns was the only reason for a permit. You do not need a permit to buy any firearm in most of them. Nor do any of them have magazine restrictions, "rosters" or bans on semi auto rifles of any kind.

Never mind constitutional carry.. waiting for the day NY state stops arresting drivers just passing through with locked unloaded handguns in the trunk in compliance with FOPA and driving through commie lines to get to a free state up in northern New England.

Never mind constitutional carry.. waiting for the day NY state stops arresting drivers just passing through with locked unloaded handguns in the trunk in compliance with FOPA and driving through commie lines to get to a free state up in northern New England.
Has that happened?

I was going to ask the same thing. I know that there have been cases at NY/NJ Port Authority airports where people who checked firearms were arrested, but I've never heard of a case where someone driving through with a gun locked in a case in the truck has been arrested.

Has that happened?
I don't know about NY, but MD and NJ have been known to pull over anyone that's in a database for having an out of state carry permit thanks to databases linked to plate readers. I remember reading about some PA residents getting bagged because of it.

That statement IS the point I drive the Northeastern half of this country, carrying firearms and have never had to explain to any Trooper about FOPA the key to it is not getting stopped for driving like an a**h***. They aren’t just randomly pulling cars and trucks over cause you look like a gun owner. Yes Ny and NJ will jack you up and stuff and cuff you if a search finds a firearm , but show me some stats on how many stops were for Chapter 90 offenses first .There is this little thing called Probable Cause for stop and seizure.

JBE is an idiot but LA is not even comparable to MA with COVID hysteria and lockdowns. Not by a long shot.

I moved down here last summer and was going back and forth between MA and LA for two months prior to that.

When I got down here it felt like a different country with how open LA was compared to MA.

Given, I am not in New Orleans, where you have a whole separate level of authoritarianism with Coo Coo Cantrell.

JBE did sign onto some pro-2A reforms last summer (eg - CCW in church) but he has shown that he is just another lapdog for the left. His term as Gov is done in Jan 2024 and his political career in LA may be done also with this move. Unless he wants to be mayor of New Orleans.
Oh, just let the Yankee bleat. It makes them feel better to belittle Southerners.

A few places around New Orleans went full retard with masks. To be honest, most of the FR stuff was more giving power to someone who never had it before, it was mostly the Karens and the front line cashier who would not serve you if you weren't wearing a mask.

That statement IS the point I drive the Northeastern half of this country, carrying firearms and have never had to explain to any Trooper about FOPA the key to it is not getting stopped for driving like an a**h***. They aren’t just randomly pulling cars and trucks over cause you look like a gun owner. Yes Ny and NJ will jack you up and stuff and cuff you if a search finds a firearm , but show me some stats on how many stops were for Chapter 90 offenses first .There is this little thing called Probable Cause for stop and seizure.

The nearest example of this of which I'm aware, was a Coastie arrested despite LEOSA, not FOPA. He was hinky as hell, but he won in court.

New Jersey? Sure. Maryland? Absolutely. New York? Hasn't been a problem outside of the airports, and airports are their own special twist on transport.

Can anyone cite a single case where FOPA was followed and the person was still cuffed and stuffed? In any state?

From LA Shooters Association:

The session will be held at noon on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.

Of note, there is no provision in the Constitution that mandates that all vetoed bills must be considered. We will need to work to ensure that SB118 is considered during the Veto Override Session.

Your LSA will be extremely busy and we will ask you to help us protect your 2A Rights. Standby for more info and suggested action.

Can anyone cite a single case where FOPA was followed and the person was still cuffed and stuffed? In any state?
NY Port Authority & NJ

View: https://twitter.com/davidmedic70/status/1416526242153734145

Last edited:
Those two Port Authority cases are the only documented cases that I know of. The two NJ cases I remember were cases where people who were licensed in other states traveled into the state while carrying loaded weapons. One of them was pardoned by Christie when he was running for President.

This, more than corruption, seems like the likely cause. It's easy to follow the crowd when the buck stops at the governor. Standing up to override is relatively harder.
Possibly. But there were reports of all kinds of deals being made leading up to this

Back
Top Bottom