• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

The trend is towards constitutional carry, clearly.

So remind me why we need "national reciprocity" again? Even without constitutional carry, with permits like FL and UT you're already covered in most of the country.

Well, if you want to put undue burden on the public, that's an excellent idea. What if I'm a poor boy with a Raven and I want to carry in 38 other states??? Now I have to get RE-finger-printed and apply and re-apply as needed (especially after swimming). Or we could just have a law that says that if State A issues you a permit, you don't need a new one in State B.

Notice that the yellow states are the most oppressive states ! [puke]

Notice that MA was yellow long before many of the Southern states turned something other than red. As bad as MA is, we've at least HELD onto a "right" that we were (sort of) allowed to exercise a long time ago. Obviously I think it's time for MA to step up and modernize, but MA residents could carry for far longer than most of America. (And yes, I realize that means SPIT in the future. It's a "what have we done lately" sorta thing. But I wanted people to remember that at one point, MA was far freer than TX and FL.)

It is crazy the amount of red in 1986.

That's what I was thinking. We're going in the right direction now, but it's a constant battle with the anti2A crowd. The NH persistence this year was a glaring example of persistence...and a Governor who did what he said for the 2A.

That's what I was thinking. We're going in the right direction now, but it's a constant battle with the anti2A crowd. The NH persistence this year was a glaring example of persistence...and a Governor who did what he said for the 2A.

Our fight will never be over. The anti crowd pours tons of money into NH to try and effect law.

South Dakota governor vetoes bills trying to loosen gun laws.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article139160458.html

Republican Rep. Lynne DiSanto, who sponsored the constitutional carry bill, said that it should be a "no-brainer" for the Republican supermajorities in the statehouse to override the veto, urging people to contact their GOP lawmakers to support gun rights.

"Gov. Daugaard just continues to disappoint," she said. "You can call him a Republican governor, because he has the, 'R,' but I wouldn't necessarily agree that he is."

So Rep Lynne DiSanto described Charlie Baker to a tee.

Baker is easy to understand, he's in MA and the more Liberal ass he kisses, the easier his one and only term will be. I dont really know anything about SD politics, but I would think people would be more accepting towards loosening of gun laws.

Baker is easy to understand, he's in MA and the more Liberal ass he kisses, the easier his one and only term will be. I dont really know anything about SD politics, but I would think people would be more accepting towards loosening of gun laws.

Has any Constitutional Carry bill been signed into law by a Democratic governor?

The trend is towards constitutional carry, clearly.

So remind me why we need "national reciprocity" again? Even without constitutional carry, with permits like FL and UT you're already covered in most of the country.

Because paddling a canoe out of New England everytime I want to visit the rest of the country is a pain in the rear. LOL

The other reason is this corrects MA very quickly.

-design.

Because paddling a canoe out of New England everytime I want to visit the rest of the country is a pain in the rear. LOL

The other reason is this corrects MA very quickly.

-design.

Pretty much this and flying over NY isn't an option for every trip.

e.g. Wife wants to see Falling Water in PA this year and both of us have Utah licenses so no problem right? Except to to get there this shit hole called New York is in the way. So do I trust FOPA if a NYSP wants to be a dick (which pretty much just means the dipshit is awake)?

Did you really just ask that question?!?!?!?

How many demoncrats support civil rights? YOUR civil rights?

Seriously. They support manufactured rights that aren't enumerated in the Constitution but support their agenda of bigger and ever expanding government

Last edited:
The addition of New Hampshire and North Dakota brings the total number of permitless carry states to 14. The other 12 are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, and West Virginia. Although a permit is still required in certain parts of Arkansas and Montana, the vast majority of both states–99.4 percent–allow concealed carry without a permit.

freedom bump.

Hope I am not a duplexer here.

The South Carolina permitless carry bill passed a house vote yeterday, and according to the SC house journal which I have been checking every few days, the bill was read for the third time today and sent to the SC senate.

Here is the NRA-ILA artical from yeterday.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...e-passes-constitutional-permitless-carry-bill

The wife and I will be visiting SC this summer with an eye toward a future move -- would be cool if this was law by then.

Hope I am not a duplexer here.

The South Carolina permitless carry bill passed a house vote yeterday, and according to the SC house journal which I have been checking every few days, the bill was read for the third time today and sent to the SC senate.

Here is the NRA-ILA artical from yeterday.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...e-passes-constitutional-permitless-carry-bill

The wife and I will be visiting SC this summer with an eye toward a future move -- would be cool if this was law by then.

Since our move to NC failed. The wife and I have decided that in about 5-8 yrs we are outta here and moving to SC

Except to to get there this shit hole called New York is in the way. So do I trust FOPA if a NYSP wants to be a dick (which pretty much just means the dipshit is awake)?
What are the chances of you getting pulled over AND getting your car searched AND the cop being a dick? Unlike Maryland, NY doesn't scan plates to find LTCs from any other state. Take the shortest route through NY (to Matamoras, PA), drive the speed limit, don't stop. I've done this many times without issue (knock on wood). Consider printing out FOPA to show to the cop if need be.

What are the chances of you getting pulled over AND getting your car searched AND the cop being a dick? Unlike Maryland, NY doesn't scan plates to find LTCs from any other state. Take the shortest route through NY (to Matamoras, PA), drive the speed limit, don't stop. I've done this many times without issue (knock on wood). Consider printing out FOPA to show to the cop if need be.

Done this several times and it's the one hour drive on I-84 where I check break lights and turn signals in CT and then set the cruise control to 52mph (55 mph limit).

The freedom of reholstering in Matamoras is great!

My guess is the average NY LEO neither knows nor cares what FOPA is.

South Carolina House of Representatives bill H.3930, after passing a vote up was read for the first time in the Senate on Tuesday the 11th and then referred to the Senate Committee on Judiciary.

It is my understanding that past attempts at constitutional carry have been quashed in that committee, but it now has a new makeup and chairman so perhaps the chances are better.

According to a Post and Courier report Governor McMaster has stated he will sign the House bill if it makes it to his desk.

It should be noted that there is also Senate bill S.449 that seems to have been sitting around in that Committee on Judiciary since February without movement till earlier in the month when it was given to a sub-committee for review.

Wife wants to see Falling Water in PA this year and both of us have Utah licenses so no problem right? Except to to get there this shit hole called New York is in the way. So do I trust FOPA if a NYSP wants to be a dick (which pretty much just means the dipshit is awake)?

And if you have an EzPass take it down and put it in an RFID blocking bag when you're not passing through a toll booth in NY.

South Carolina House of Representatives bill H.3930, after passing a vote up was read for the first time in the Senate on Tuesday the 11th and then referred to the Senate Committee on Judiciary.

It is my understanding that past attempts at constitutional carry have been quashed in that committee, but it now has a new makeup and chairman so perhaps the chances are better.

According to a Post and Courier report Governor McMaster has stated he will sign the House bill if it makes it to his desk.

It should be noted that there is also Senate bill S.449 that seems to have been sitting around in that Committee on Judiciary since February without movement till earlier in the month when it was given to a sub-committee for review.

The attempts in previous sessions had been held up in part due to one Sen. Larry Martin, whom I had the distinct pleasure of assisting into his long overdue retirement. His successor is one of the sponsors of the current Senate bill, but my fear is that it will die of malign neglect.

This, plus the general dictum of "not being a dick" helps, etc. I know bunch of people that drive down to PA to shoot steel, USPSA, other competitions, etc, never have problems.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom