• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

Louisiana could go constitutional carry soon. Legislature now has a Republican supermajority to pass the bill if so motivated. Good chance of getting a Republican governor there to sign the bill and not have to override a veto too.
Has Rispone, the Republican candidate in the runoff, said he supports constitutional carry? If they have a supermajority in the legislature what's stopping them from overriding a veto?

Has Rispone, the Republican candidate in the runoff, said he supports constitutional carry? If they have a supermajority in the legislature what's stopping them from overriding a veto?

They just won the supermajority in an election the other week.
Dems Decimated in Louisiana: GOP Gains Senate Supermajority, Dem Governor Now on the Ropes

Meet Eddie | Rispone For Governor
Edward Rispone, is a lifelong Louisianan, avid outdoorsman, and Christian conservative candidate for Governor. Eddie loves Louisiana. Guided by his faith, family, and the blessing of God in his life, Eddie feels called to give back to the state that has given so much to him. Eddie is not a career politician. Eddie is a successful entrepreneur, business executive, and conservative outsider who has the experience and expertise to move our state forward.

Eddie grew up in a blue collar family of nine in North Baton Rouge. Early on, Eddie learned about faith, family, and personal responsibility. Eddie was raised with a strong work ethic and solid family values—he is pro-life, pro-family, and pro-Second Amendment. He knew that anything he wanted in life would only be achieved through hard work. Eddie began working construction with his older brother Sammy at age 15, a passion that would stay with him for decades.

Can't find any articles if he supports Constitutional Carry or not, but it doesn't look like he'd veto it like some Kaisich type would.

Well we haven’t used this thread in a while.

My understanding is permit-less carry has passed the Utah house and has now emerged from the appropriate senate committee to go to the senate floor for a general vote.

They are one vote away from adding to the list of constitutional carry states.

I have no insight into the mindset of the senate there and the likelihood of passage, but it is potentially cool since my wife and I have set our sights on southern Utah as a retirement location.

🐯

If this passes, how many States will we have with constitutional carry?

Not surprised that the AP frames this story as, “Could cost police $3.5 million,” rather than, “Would free citizens from the burden of having to pay to exercise a constitutional right.”

“Indiana legislators would face coming up with $3.5 million a year for local police agencies.” Why if the fees were just in place to cover processing cost? Does this admit a profit motive to licensing a constitutional riight?

🐯

Utah Gov. Spencer Cox signs law allowing concealed carry without a permit. The statute will go into effect in May.

156 Subsections 76-10-504(1) and (2), and 76-10-505(1)(b) do not apply to a person 21
157 years old or older who may otherwise lawfully possess a firearm.

EukBp1OXMAAEBvo

Iowa and or Nebraska need to pass to build a beautiful bridge between those seas of Green. Ditto for the evil empire in NY and crooked PA. 42 vs 8, the 8 is evidence enough restrictions aren't "common" nor "reasonable".

EukBp1OXMAAEBvo

Iowa and or Nebraska need to pass to build a beautiful bridge between those seas of Green. Ditto for the evil empire in NY and crooked PA. 42 vs 8, the 8 is evidence enough restrictions aren't "common" nor "reasonable".
Almost sea to shining sea!

Need VA and... er, nevermind.

Last edited:
My prediction for SC is that each side will do their own virtue signaling, but all of them will agree to wait until after it's too late.

Columbia is thoroughly infested with RINOs.

I don't think we have a thread to track the progress nationwide, and I wanted to share this somewhere.

After little more than 5 minutes, a first vote puts gun owners on a path to open carry in South Carolina

It is great to watch this map turn green!

Rtc.gif

From wiki:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas[disputed]
Idaho (residents only)
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Dakota (residents only)
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming (residents only)
Why the carve out for residents only...are Massholians more dangerous once we cross into Idaho or Wyoming?

My prediction for SC is that each side will do their own virtue signaling, but all of them will agree to wait until after it's too late.

Columbia is thoroughly infested with RINOs.
Ironically posted the same day. SC lawmakers considering two bills that would change state gun laws

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 / 06:31 PM EDT / Updated: Mar 16, 2021 / 06:31 PM EDT
COLUMBIA, SC (WSPA) — The South Carolina House of Representatives now has two bills on the floor that would make it easier for legal gun owners to openly carry guns.
The House Judiciary Committee voted Tuesday to send the Constitutional Carry Act of 2021 to the floor. The bill received bipartisan support in the committee.
The bill would allow anyone who can own a gun in South Carolina legally to openly carry.

Odd that last bit...

Shave half of your head, dye the other half blue. Wear androgynous clothes and a pride hoodie while carrying an AR15 see how well your constitutional carry will go.
Western states are trying to stave off invasions from the left coast. They don't really care about people doing the whole Brokeback Mountain thing as long as they are kicking in the bakery door demanding "BAKE MUH CAKE BIGOT!". Or at least that was my impression of attitudes in Wyoming. People just wanted their little towns to be left alone.

Back
Top Bottom